Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Joy of Loving Lord Krishna

The Joy of Loving Lord Krishna

Namaste everybody,

I have decided to share this poem about the Lord with you. Thanks for reading!

Azure Lord

Azure is He,
    As the summer sky,
    As the wine dark sea,
    As shimmering Neptune.

Stars of Heaven
    Bejewel His crown.
    Life is His voice,
    Love His melody.

The weight of worlds
    Rests in His feet,
    Dancing eternal,
    Living free.

Jai Krishna
    Last edited by Anima Deorum; 18 August 2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Revised version. Changed "Europa" to "Neptune." Changed last two lines of last stanza.
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Re: The Joy of Loving Lord Krishna

Namaste Anima,
    Very nice. A person who was pitch dark and still could steal the hearts of women, men, children and animals..his beauty could only be imagined
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Great job, Anima!

Now you can express your own true feelings to your favorite god!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 07:52 PM.

Namaste all,

While the following isn't really in response to Anima Deorum's poem, I figured I would share it in this thread because it still reminds me of, well, the love of Lord Krishna.

I was feeling quite down and depressed earlier because of a rather depressing political event here in the US (I won't say which one so as to avoid flame wars on the topic). I was reaching out to friends to try to make my mind move elsewhere so the depression wouldn't make me do anything stupid, and I sent an email to a friend of mine who just happened to be in Michigan at the time (he normally lives near me in Rochester, NY), visiting family.

He calls me after receiving my email, and what does he do? He puts his toddler son (I forget his exact age right now) on the line, and with perfect clarity, the child says hi, my real life name, and "how are you" in the cutest voice I've heard in ages.

I perked up quite quickly when I heard that. And after I got off the phone with my friend, I somehow thought of Lord Krishna in the form of a little boy, as He is sometimes depicted.

Then I laughed. I laughed uproariously.

The beauty of Lord Krsna is incomparable and the interesting thing I noticed all my life is any song be it devotional or in movies here in India including kirtans about Lord Krsna turn out to be heart soothing. It's a sheer characteristic of the pleasure giver
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    I have a small question, though: why is Lord Shrī Krishna depicted as blue most of the time? Isn't that a trait attributed to Lord Shrī Vishnu? Or do the manifestations/avatāra-s regain these feature of Lord Shrī Vishnu upon their depiction by his worshippers? Just a curiosity.
    I'm no expert on the topic, not by a long shot, but personally, I think the blue skin depiction is to remind devotees that the skin color of divinity shouldn't matter. I'm not questioning the fact that Lord Krishna was dark-skinned, nor am I saying he shouldn't stay that way, but I feel Lord Krishna's blue skin depiction in art means that dark-skinned or not, He was divine. Regardless if He was black, white, or...well, blue, He is still Lord Krishna, and devotees should not have a preference of skin color when worshipping the divine.

Of course, this is my personal opinion. Don't take anything I say here to be the absolute truth, as again I'm no expert.

जय श्री राम

I have been told by certain Gurus in Gujarāt (where Vaishnava traditions are very popular but ironically respect for Lord Shrī Shiva is higher) that Lord Shrī Krishna and Lord Shrī Rāma were the most beautiful of all when it came to the Gods and their representative (Earthly) attributes, and both were described as śyāma (dark skinned).
    Out of love for Sri Subrahmanya, I am motivated to write here that Murugan is also considered the most handsome deity. There is a Tamil song that says "Azhagendra sollukku muruga" meaning "Murugan is the word for beauty".

I have a small question, though: why is Lord Shrī Krishna depicted as blue most of the time? Isn't that a trait attributed to Lord Shrī Vishnu? Or do the manifestations/avatāra-s regain these features of Lord Shrī Vishnu upon their depiction by his worshippers? Just a curiosity.
    I heard in a spiritual discourse that Sri Vishnu and his avataras are blue hued because that is to resemble rain clouds that pour over every place - similarly the gods shower their love on anyone irrespective of who they are in life or by birth. (Rama is said to be Green hued and I do not know why..)
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 07:51 PM.

जय श्री राम

I have a small question, though: why is Lord Shrī Krishna depicted as blue most of the time? Isn't that a trait attributed to Lord Shrī Vishnu? Or do the manifestations/avatāra-s regain these features of Lord Shrī Vishnu upon their depiction by his worshippers? Just a curiosity.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Namaste Sudas Paijavana,
    You are welcome. The attributes depend on the authorship or the ardent devotees but it all depends on the beauty of the glorious Sanskrit language. The very word 'Krsna' gives the description of all he was and similarly 'Rama' too. The reason Lord Krsna was depicted as blue in media, story books etc., is people don't find black as beautiful as they find white. They couldn't portray the leading actors in complete black colour as they wouldn't look good on either TV or in cinemas, while blue is fairly a better colour that could be accepted. But again it depends on the ingenuity of an artist to show a beautiful human being who is dark as night.

But there is a legend around Lord Krsna turning into pitch dark. When he was small toddler night was so enchanted by his beauty that she hugged him and couldn't let go of him and the Lord had to obey her and following his maya no body could find out the change in his complexion.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

Thread Information