Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who is lord krishna according to advaita theory ?

Re: who is lord krishna according to advaita theory ?

Namaste Kallol
    Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Now if you say that Krishna is brahman and rest are part of it - then vaisnav way and advaita way are same
    Yes, they are the same. It is a matter of granularity, Beauty detail, that is either given importance, or not.

- then why so much debates.
    I do not debate advaita So, cannot answer that.
    Have only responded whenever someone said things like
    -- worshipping God "images" is futile
    -- bhakti is just emotional , for immature kids
    -- puranas are fiction
    -- KRshNa was just an intelligent human like everyone else
    -- "If KRshNa NArAyaNa svayam comes in front of you, He should be ignored as made of mAyA and too much about name and form."

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

I thought advaitins are more universal !!!!! More inclusive !!!!

May be what you have put are reactions to some comments. But who knows I might be wrong also.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    There is no problem in recognizing the same, as long it rightly defines "me". However unfortunately most of Krishna bhaktas limit the "me" to the body of Krishna. The trouble begins there.
    ‘ME’ is clearly defined in Bhagavad Gita. verse 18 of chapter XV states “ since I transcend the perishable and excel the imperishable, I am known in the Vedas and in this world as the purushottam”. Sri Krishna says in verse 8 of chap-IV in BG “ for protecting the virtuous for destroying the wicked and for setting righteousness on firm foundation, I am born and reborn from age to age” therefore it is understood that since he is born he must have a body but Krishna conceals his own nature by dint of yoga-maya and appears as a human being to the ignorant ( 25/VII). again verse 11 of chap IX says “ Fools not knowing My supreme nature as the Lord of creation, despise Me in My human form” bhakta never differentiates between body of Krishna and his name. Aishouriya and Madhuriya are two important aspects of bhagavan to bhakta who does not believe in nirvishesh nirakar nirvikar Brahman. Bhakta follows what Krishna advises in verses 2,3,4,5 and 6 of chap XII of BG. Bhakta never thinks himself as Brahman because bhakta believes in surrendering to bhagavan. if you allow( since it is advaita thread), I can quote from sri chaitanya charitamrita to present what is Krishna to bhakta.
    Madhya lila 17 chapter of CC
    “Nam vigraha swarup tin ekrupa
    tine ved nahi tin chidananda swarupa
    deha dehir nam namir krishne nahi ved
    jiver dharma – nam deha swarup bived”
    therefore bhakta does not differentiate Krishna nam Krishna deha or Krishna swarup
    I think biased mindset is the only problem.

It would be good if my previous posts are read to get the context right.

However one has the right be believe Purushottom in whatever form they want to.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Krshna is rich! Due to the love of Krshna, the jiva is given the share of rich he/she can hold! So, the jiva has given the "nature" of Brahman! - One way of understanding.

In the Prema, Brahman gives complete knowledge of everything but to the capacity of the jiva - Dharmabhuta Jnana giving same idea of "Nature" of Brahman.

NOWHERE the individual identity is lost - getting the DharmaBhuta Jnana does not mean, the body of Jiva is made of that Jnana - more technically the individuality of the jiva can also get the share of Nature or Guna of Brahman but Brahman alone qualified to be Poorna or in Full! But, jiva is full by the limited capacity in comparison to the Brahman who is Unlimited, it is also full! This is the Samanam which simply means "Equivalent" or what is "enjoyed", "Expressed" and "Experienced" in that communion with Brahman is "Equal" but limited by the limits of the Jiva! The subject jiva is never lost or merge in to Supreme Subject by loss.

This is the difference! But, not sure if it is easy to understand so why so many debates!

There are a lot of misconceptions about jnana, Bhakti is fundamental, but advaita people worship life as Brahmans manifestation. Most jnanis do not believe in a supernatural. Person in the sky. But worship all beings as the qualities of one non-dual God.

Unfortunately many people cannot seperate attachment to an image, with love of God.

Namaste thread opener͵

Interesting Question. As for intelligent Advaitins͵ who better than Adi Sankaracharya who spread Advaita into every nook and corner of Bharata?

Paramahamsa Parivraajaka Adi Shankaracharya has written an excellent prologue to his Bhagavad Gita Bhaashya in which HE has clearly illuminated the Advaitic view on Bhagavan Krishna.

I dont have the text with me now; it wont be doing justice to the Acharya if I simply write whatever comes to my memory.

So why dont you procure a copy of the Bhagavad Gita Bhaashya͵ which is easily available͵ with as well as without translation?

Thread Information