Thread: Weird Dream About Lord Krishna...

Weird Dream About Lord Krishna...

Namaste all,

First off, this is sort of an odd time for me to be posting here, as it's after 4 AM where I live currently. I'm not quite having insomnia, but rather I woke up after having an...interesting dream about Lord Krishna.

Now, admittedly, I don't know that much about Lord Krishna. I know he's a major character in the Hindu epic the Mahabharata. I remember bits and pieces from what I heard about Lord Krishna on the internet, but not enough to form a complete picture. But I think this dream was telling me to look up more about Lord Krishna, at the very least.

How do I know if the dream was telling me that? Here's where it gets interesting: I know this may sound blasphemous, but in this dream...it seemed like I was playing a video game involving Lord Krishna.

Yeah, I know that sounds weird. But in my interpretation, it sounds like I was being directly told to research Lord Krishna, and here's my logic: I happen to love video games, so maybe Lord Krishna was presented to me in video game form to get me to research Him? I don't want to read too deeply into this, but presenting something to me in video game format is one surefire way to get me to pay attention.

Again, I know this sounds weird, but personally I'm taking it as a sign that I need to learn more about Lord Krishna. However, if any of you have any other ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

Re: Weird Dream About Lord Krishna...

Namaste again,

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post...the intent wasn't to offend. Rather, the overall point was that I've been inspired to learn more about Lord Krishna, and that I was hoping for some good sources on Him. That's the overall purpose of this thread.

Namste Webimpulse,

I am so happy to hear that the Shining Lord Krishna has appeared in your dream! I see Him in many places and in many ways, and Radha, too.

The Bhagavad Gita is a wonderful place to start receiving His divine wisdom. Here is a link:

http://bhagavad-gita.org/

This site even has a woman singing the Gita in meter, transliteration, Sanskrit, English, and a dozen other languages. The translation is literal and conservative, which may be helpful.

Jai Radha Krishna
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Namaste.

I am also a video game 'addict' and my handle 'Necromancer' is indicative of that.

Maybe Lord Krishna was saying 'since this is the only way I can get your attention....' lol

We all live in a virtual world and what video games represent to me is 'a dream within a dream' or an illusion of our own creation, as opposed to Maya of the Divine Creation.

Maybe Krishna was saying: 'hey, what about spending less time playing and more time worshiping?'

It's still a nice dream though, unless, of course Lord Krishna fell into a pit after running out of 1-ups.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    We all live in a virtual world and what video games represent to me is 'a dream within a dream' or an illusion of our own creation, as opposed to Maya of the Divine Creation.
    Not to derail the thread, but...

...Sorry. I had to.

Well played.

I too had a dream about seeing Lord Krishna with his consort - either Radha or Rukmini - can't tell - about 6 months ago, during Makar Sankranthi 2013. It is a cherished dream of mine and I reflect on it every now and then to feel the blessings the Lord has on someone as ordinary in spiritual evolution as me.

Good for you to have dreamt of Lord Krishna! I think the Lord chooses to appear in the dreams of people so that they can start taking on a liking for him, and to pray to him. I was a Rama bhakta and was hardly a Krishna bhakta, but after the dream, I was touched so much, I have started on a tremendous liking for Sri Krishna.

In any event, I think the dream means good luck!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Webimpulse,
    I should say you interpreted your dream properly as only the dreamer can know what the dream is saying. May be you are on the path to find the Brahman and your first step is to get close to Lord Krsna. Good luck!
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Greetings,

I'm sort of an addict too! There's nothing so offensive about your dream.. The Lord has taken so much compassion upon you to reveal himself in an environment familiar to you, isn't that wonderful? I wish I had dreams like that!

Regards..

Thread Information