Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering your past lives

Remembering your past lives

The Hindu spiritual master, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (founder of the 'Art of Living' foundation) has created a technique called the 'Eternity Process' , a meditation technique through which one is able to remember the memories of one's past lives stored in the subconscious mind. Many of my friends and others, both Indian and foreign, have gone through this technique , and in the process , have realised the memories of their previous births.

The Indian religions believe in the theory of karma or 'cause and effect'. This theory finds ample expression in the fact that those who have gone through the 'Eternity Process ' found that their inborn ,innate talents can be traced back to training in a previous birth.

This technique is getting increasingly popular, and according to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar , it is now being practiced in a few psychiatric clinics as well.

In order to do this technique , one ought to contact the nearest 'Art of Living ' centre and get in touch with an 'Art of Living ' teacher trained in this technique.One ought to be 21 years of age to do this technique.

All my friends , who have done this technique, found it to be very interesting and illuminating. I wish you the same.

Re: Remembering your past lives

How much does it cost?
    satay

Past is future; future passed.

There is "life"- our classification of it as past, present or whatever is rather arbitrary.

So ... choose not to forget, what's the big deal?

Love,
    ZN
    /should get paid big bucks for this, hehe
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhamanyu View Post
    The Hindu spiritual master, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (founder of the 'Art of Living' foundation) has created a technique called the 'Eternity Process' , a meditation technique through which one is able to remember the memories of one's past lives stored in the subconscious mind. Many of my friends and others, both Indian and foreign, have gone through this technique , and in the process , have realised the memories of their previous births.

The Indian religions believe in the theory of karma or 'cause and effect'. This theory finds ample expression in the fact that those who have gone through the 'Eternity Process ' found that their inborn ,innate talents can be traced back to training in a previous birth.

This technique is getting increasingly popular, and according to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar , it is now being practiced in a few psychiatric clinics as well.

In order to do this technique , one ought to contact the nearest 'Art of Living ' centre and get in touch with an 'Art of Living ' teacher trained in this technique.One ought to be 21 years of age to do this technique.

All my friends , who have done this technique, found it to be very interesting and illuminating. I wish you the same.
    Namaste,

Not intending to lower any method, I must however, point out that the remembrances of the present life is quite a burden, all of which must be discarded, to know the Self. Why further burden the mind? It is said that the act of veiling is the grace of God. Untold sufferings would accrue with the knowledge of past mis-deeds of self and others. Why not the past be past and future be future when all these are memories only and not reality.

Finally, Why not simply know what one is at present, which anyway is the goal? YMMV

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    How much does it cost?
    I was thinking about the same question.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Namaste All,

My questions/comments about past lives would be along the same lines as Atanu's. Does remembering past lives and events help resolve anything in this life? If it does for some people, then I suppose it could potentially be a worthwhile exercise. If not, then it could create more pain and attachments to this world than we have already. Hindu masters teach us to live in the present, in the present moment, in the "eternity of the moment."

OM Shanti,
    A.

I actually know a person who remembers his past life. It gives a perspective to the events one is experiencing in present life, however, other than that I can't see how knowing about past lives is any good.

Another point, with all due respect to sri sri sri ravi shankar, I am always a bit concerned about the so called gurus that operate in the west. I have never met or seen ravi in person but after I read his debate with a muslim, I must question him on his knowledge about hinduism and I would like to know who Ravi's guru is.

As well, all of the spiritual 'services' are supposed to be free of charge otherwise it is just a business. If it is a business then we must take into consideration the saying 'buyers beware'.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    How much does it cost?

It costs about a thousand rupees.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has taken up a lot of projects in the village level to improve the conditions of Indian villages . Similarly he is also opening up a lot of educational institutions all over India. The money from his courses goes to the funding of these projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    Namaste,

Not intending to lower any method, I must however, point out that the remembrances of the present life is quite a burden, all of which must be discarded, to know the Self. Why further burden the mind? It is said that the act of veiling is the grace of God. Untold sufferings would accrue with the knowledge of past mis-deeds of self and others. Why not the past be past and future be future when all these are memories only and not reality.

Finally, Why not simply know what one is at present, which anyway is the goal? YMMV

Om Namah Shivayya

Well , considering the fact that there are a lot of sceptics who question the theory of reincarnation, this technique will help to convince them that reincarnation is a fact.

It is also for those who wish to know their past lives.

Sri Ravi Shankar is definetely not imposing it on others. If people are interested they can do it . If not, they can forget it.

Here is a description of the Eternity process....

Eternity Process

A past life regression technique that provides a tool for reliving about any event that is the root of a pattern. The pattern can be mental or physical. It can be something that needs to be changed or merely understood. A past life regression also provides a gateway to a vast resource of information on previous times, places, and cultures. It helps the individual clear mental impressions that may be blocking one progress.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhamanyu View Post
    Well , considering the fact that there are a lot of sceptics who question the theory of reincarnation, this technique will help to convince them that reincarnation is a fact.

It is also for those who wish to know their past lives.

Sri Ravi Shankar is definetely not imposing it on others. If people are interested they can do it . If not, they can forget it.

Here is a description of the Eternity process....

Eternity Process

A past life regression technique that provides a tool for reliving about any event that is the root of a pattern. The pattern can be mental or physical. It can be something that needs to be changed or merely understood. A past life regression also provides a gateway to a vast resource of information on previous times, places, and cultures. It helps the individual clear mental impressions that may be blocking one progress.

Ok.

Sounds sort of new-agey but perhaps that is just to communicate to broad audience.

I've had the experience of walking between time, and have engaged others in this process. In my opinion, the notion of time as linear is entirely illusion provoked by western language (past-present-future verbs). There is a simultaneity of time in which one can be in many circumstances.

It's a shamanistic process; as one is not limited by physical form, everything else becomes ever so much more relative. To jump between forms, or to be in more than one simultaneously defies the common notions of time and space. (And, it gives a real edge to the conundrum of the One and the many ...)

I guess it all depends on Ur point of view!

Namaste,
    ZN
    /sorry if this was TMI (too much information), hehe
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Thread Information