Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering your past lives

Re: Remembering your past lives

Namaste Seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by Znanna
    1. Past is future; future passed.
    There is "life"- our classification of it as past, present or whatever is rather arbitrary.

2. I've had the experience of walking between time, and have engaged others in this process. In my opinion, the notion of time as linear is entirely illusion provoked by western language (past-present-future verbs). There is a simultaneity of time in which one can be in many circumstances.

It's a shamanistic process; as one is not limited by physical form, everything else becomes ever so much more relative. To jump between forms, or to be in more than one simultaneously defies the common notions of time and space. (And, it gives a real edge to the conundrum of the One and the many ...)

I guess it all depends on Ur point of view!
    The ability to 'read' memories of past lives comes from the ability to read the Akashic Records. Here is a brief note about these records.

Akashic Records constitute the only reliable history of the world. They are also referred to as the memory of nature, the true Karmic Records, or the Book of the Lipika.

The original Akashic records are stored in the Buddhic or higher planes. Their reflections are found in the mental world and in the astral world. The reflections in the mental world are more accurate and reliable. The reflections on the astral plane are very unrealiable because of the turbulent motion of astral matter and the reversal of the objects reflected. People having only astral vision are very likely to go wrong in their interpretations of these reflections.

As Znanna says, there is no concept of time (only space) in the higher planes. The Akashic Records on the buddhic plane appear as a concurrent landscape of active events, which appear to play out in an eternal now. The omnipresent consciousness of the observer watches all the events simultaneously, as happening now in the present, past and present merging into one. They are no longer presented as the memory of nature.

We can understand the concept of the eternal now by this simple and purely physical analogy, that presumes two things: 1. Physical light travels at its usual speed indefinitely into space without loss. 2. The Ego being omnipresent is present at every point on the space, not successively but concurrently.

In this set up, the Ego watches the events that take place along the entire space simultaneously, precluding the concept of time. Using the consciousness as a focus, the Ego can scan the events forward or backward at any speed, and also have a continuous but concurrent view of everything that takes place.

It should be noted here, that even with such a faculty, the observer can only have vision and revision but not prevision. That is the future cannot be seen by the limited Ego of the observer as clearly as the past. This is so because the faculty to observe future belongs to a still higher plane.

I have a compilation on the topic Akashic Records as part of my 'Spiritual Inquiries' series (three of which I posted soon after I joined HDF). Since this subject has come up for discussion, I shall shortly post my compilation which has more details, skipping its turn as the last in the series of my nine compilations.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhamanyu View Post
    -----
    Sri Ravi Shankar is definetely not imposing it on others. If people are interested they can do it . If not, they can forget it.

Here is a description of the Eternity process....

Eternity Process

----- It helps the individual clear mental impressions that may be blocking one progress.

Namaskar yudhamanyu,

Shri Shri gives me peace. He is non-different from my Guru. He surely knows what is good.

But from my perspective, trying to know the past and future is entertainment, if the main goal of knowing the present is forgotten. And usually, such powers foster unerasable ego in the power holder.

And. Surely, Shri Shri teaches that silence is the end of the road. Till, the strength for the silence is lacking let the enquiry go on --- yet enquiry on "Who AM I NOW?" is pertinent and direct (though it may not earn).

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    Namaste,

Not intending to lower any method, I must however, point out that the remembrances of the present life is quite a burden, all of which must be discarded, to know the Self. Om Namah Shivayya
    Namaste Atanu (et.al)

I can see your point. If one reads Patanjali'ji's Yoga Sutra's there is a 'stitch' (sutra) perscribed to know past lives, let alone other siddhi.
    The approach , we have reviewed, called samyama http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...45&postcount=7

Yudhamanyu points out that this technique of knowing the past or future may be entertainment. That was the first thing that popped in my mind also ( even though that does not make it so!).

Now to make a point - no matter what technique a sadhu wishes to exercise, one must have the credentials to execute the sutras of
    patanjali'ji or of Sri Ravi Shankar's technique. What is the credentials?

Enough pure conciousness established in ones' being. For the new sadhu's on this HDF, it's enough of the silience of the SELF residing in one's awareness, a 'restful alertness' stable in one's being.

In the beginning of the siddhi practice, one does this after meditation, before getting up and moving around in activity. Why so? it is the time when the conditions are right ... freshness of mind, and silence infused in ones' awareness - this is a restfully-alert condition, some call dynamic-silence. Some also call it 'left over' samadhi , even though that is a gross metaphor, its is the 'residue' of ones transcending into pure consciousness ( some call Being, SELF, etc etc), some even try to identify it by specific EKG , EEG patterns. It is this condition that spawns success for this technique.

I hear one asking 'why so?'. Because it is this silence, this pure consiousness [how ever much one brings into consciousness from transcending] that is unbounded by space and time. It only knows NOW. and NOW is eternity, unbounded in any dimension. Like that , it is this pure filed of possiblity, that allows any sutra to be executed sucessfully.
    Without this awareness the sutra remains dormant. This is is His grace, this is His 'seat belt' sort of, so one does not dabble in an area that cannot be supported by one's intellect, mind-condition, and nervious system.

Just think how upside-down this world would be if anyone (with out the discipline) could exercise a yoga-sutra w/o the credentials. In who's hands would it fall? How would good-sattvic things come from this? We are a mischievous bunch as humans, yes? Look at the laws of nature we own today via our scientifc methods. Our intent is good 99% of the time, but the 1% that use this knowledge for other things ( that harm) come into play. So, the gate-keys to the siddhi's are self-discipline, then one gets the keys to the gate.

p.s. the goal of all siddhi's is Dharmamega, cloud pouring virture; fullness of Being, Moksha. Not singularly, but collectively, to produce a full-sadhu-muni.

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 March 2007 at 08:11 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste Atanu (et.al)

I can see your point. If one reads Patanjali'ji's Yoga Sutra's there is a 'stitch' (sutra) perscribed to know past lives, let alone other siddhi.
    The approach , we have reviewed, called samyama http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...45&postcount=7

Yudhamanyu points out that this technique of knowing the past or future may be entertainment. That was the first thing that popped in my mind also ( even though that does not make it so!).

Now to make a point - no matter what technique a sadhu wishes to exercise, one must have the credentials to execute the sutras of
    patanjali'ji or of Sri Ravi Shankar's technique. What is the credentials?

Enough pure conciousness established in ones' being. For the new sadhu's on this HDF, it's enough of the silience of the SELF residing in one's awareness, a 'restful alertness' stable in one's being.

In the beginning of the siddhi practice, one does this after meditation, before getting up and moving around in activity. Why so? it is the time when the conditions are right ... freshness of mind, and silence infused in ones' awareness - this is a restfully-alert condition, some call dynamic-silence. Some also call it 'left over' samadhi , even though that is a gross metaphor, its is the 'residue' of ones transcending into pure consciousness ( some call Being, SELF, etc etc), some even try to identify it by specific EKG , EEG patterns. It is this condition that spawns success for this technique.

I hear one asking 'why so?'. Because it is this silence, this pure consiousness [how ever much one brings into consciousness from transcending] that is unbounded by space and time. It only knows NOW. and NOW is eternity, unbounded in any dimension. Like that , it is this pure filed of possiblity, that allows any sutra to be executed sucessfully.
    Without this awareness the sutra remains dormant. This is is His grace, this is His 'seat belt' sort of, so one does not dabble in an area that cannot be supported by one's intellect, mind-condition, and nervious system.

Just think how upside-down this world would be if anyone (with out the discipline) could exercise a yoga-sutra w/o the credentials. In who's hands would it fall? How would good-sattvic things come from this? We are a mischievous bunch as humans, yes? Look at the laws of nature we own today via our scientifc methods. Our intent is good 99% of the time, but the 1% that use this knowledge for other things ( that harm) come into play. So, the gate-keys to the siddhi's are self-discipline, then one gets the keys to the gate.

p.s. the goal of all siddhi's is Dharmamega, cloud pouring virture; fullness of Being, Moksha. Not singularly, but collectively, to produce a full-sadhu-muni.

pranams,
    Pranams,

I agree fully.

Sri Sri knows what it entails for different devotees. But mass consumption of a method (especially by non-self realised induviduals) may not be beneficial equally to all, if not harmful.

Om
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information