Thread: Need some knowledge about 2nd marriage.

Need some knowledge about 2nd marriage.

Well, correct me if i am wrong, but i think that hinduism doesn't allow 2nd marriage.

Reason behind it? Is it, if men/women gives birth to a kid from another men/women these kids a physically/mentally weaker than the first ones?

Thanks!

Re: Need some knowledge about 2nd marriage.

Let me make this easier...

"Marital disruptions have been shown to negatively affect health. Remarriage can attenuate but not completely eliminate the negative health effects of a marital disruption. Among currently married persons, those who have previously been divorced or widowed have worse health than those who have been continuously married. Research has not found any difference in physical health between persons with only one compared to multiple marital disruptions. The lingering negative health effects of marital disruption include increased risk for chronic conditions (e.g. diabetes and heart disease) and mobility limitations (e.g. difficulty walking a block or climbing stairs). However, it is also important to consider that it is difficult to determine causality; it is possible that a person’s health determines their likelihood of marrying and experiencing a disruption. In fact, it is possible that there are effects in both directions."

"The health benefits of remarriage do not appear to be as strong as those for continuous marriage. Several studies have found that the mental and physical health benefits of remarriage do not fully balance out the negative effects of a previous marital disruption. Compared to the strong advantage of being continuously married, the mental health benefits are progressively weaker the more previous marriages a person has had. Although men seem to benefit as much from remarriage as being continuously married, remarried women have weaker mental health benefits."

Health deterioration because of second marriages is something new to me. It could be probably because people are still attached to their life with their former spouses but I see no scientific reasons for it to happen. I think people still think negative how could they get into marriage with such person etc., pesecuting themselves for the mistakes they did. Such studies need to be done encompassing the whole personalities not just one aspect of it like marriage.

I don't know about second marriages in hinduism but if you feel you will be happy with this new person I'm all for it. Have a happy life
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Health deterioration because of second marriages is something new to me. It could be probably because people are still attached to their life with their former spouses but I see no scientific reasons for it to happen. I think people still think negative how could they get into marriage with such person etc., pesecuting themselves for the mistakes they did. Such studies need to be done encompassing the whole personalities not just one aspect of it like marriage.

I don't know about second marriages in hinduism but if you feel you will be happy with this new person I'm all for it. Have a happy life
    Good one.

Nothing like i want to marry 2nd time, haven't married to anyone yet.

Point is, that there's sure some very deep meaning behind not marrying 2nd time, hope more people will share there opinion.

Thread Information