Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for my surgery to go well.

Please pray for my surgery to go well.

Namaste,

I know i haven't posted much recently but... Yesterday i was recommended by my doctor to go to the hospital to get my gallbladder checked out. it turns out i have gallstones and the only solution to stopping the pain they cause is to remove my gallbladder. I have always been terrified of surgery. I haven't yet gotten my surgery scheduled and don't know if it will be the open type or the laparoscopic type (i'm hoping laparoscopic), but please pray for it to go well. I will let you all know of updates when i get them....

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Re: Please pray for my surgery to go well.

Namaste catnip,
    I don't want to minimize the impact a surgery can have but removal of gallbladder is a routine surgery. Don't worry about it much. I know many people who have had this done. No issues, no complications.
    I hope your surgery goes well too.

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    Namaste,

I know i haven't posted much recently but... Yesterday i was recommended by my doctor to go to the hospital to get my gallbladder checked out. it turns out i have gallstones and the only solution to stopping the pain they cause is to remove my gallbladder. I have always been terrified of surgery. I haven't yet gotten my surgery scheduled and don't know if it will be the open type or the laparoscopic type (i'm hoping laparoscopic), but please pray for it to go well. I will let you all know of updates when i get them....

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah
    satay

Namaste Satay,

I've heard that from a lot of people, i just have poor health in general, obesity, autoimmune disease (which is under control, its something like lupus but less severe), fibromyalgia, and tachycardia, that's the only reason i'm so concerned. But thank you, that is a comforting thought . I am seeing my GP today so he should be able to tell me if any of that will make the surgery tougher. My mother and grandmother both had to get their gallbladders removed but never so young.... But they were fine, no complications that i know of.

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Namaste,

If all goes well, my surgery should be on Monday.

Namaste Catnip-ji,

I pray that your surgery will go well. The All-Gods will watch over you. As Satay-ji has mentioned, this surgery isn't all too complicated. I hope the best for you. Stay strong!

Regards,
    Paijavana

ps - I dedicate my 100th post for your betterment hehe.

Good luck Catnip

Namaste Sudas Paijavana, Jogesh,
    thank you

They're doing the laparoscopic surgery and the surgeon said i can probably go home that night. but if i have pain they'll keep me. They said come prepared to stay overnight.... it should probably be easy...

Namaste!

I am back from my surgery, they let me go home the same day so all went well! The surgeon told my dad my gallbladder was "very sick" when he went to talk to him after i got out of the OR. So it was for the best that i got it out. My belly hurts a bit and my shoulder hurts from what the nurse said was probably a pocket of gas leftover from the inflation part of the surgery (its ok, it'll reabsorb in a few days) My surgery took about 2 hours instead of the 1 that was estimated, but from what i read on the internet prior, that is still within normal range. I am glad that it is over and done with and now i am healthy and healing!

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah!

Hari Om

Namaste Catnip,

This is good news. Find that health and spiritual strength and progress go hand in hand along with other things. So to you, hope for you that this is beginning of all around improvement and contentment.

Om Namah Shivaya

FFTW

Namaste,

Thank you Friend From The West. I was in a whole lot of pain yesterday, now it just feels like i did too many sit-ups/crunches. I am sitting up on my bed now rather than laying down. My recovery is on par with the typical recovery from this surgery according to the internet (sore for a few days). My shoulder no longer hurts so the gas must've reabsorbed. Lord Ganesha has watched over me i think! I asked him to watch over and protect me while i was in preop. I have a follow-up next tuesday and i have prepared a list of questions for my surgeon! (like what does "my gallbladder was really sick" mean) But i feel pretty much fine now, no need for pain meds even! a great improvement over yesterday when 2 shots of morphine+2 vicodin didn't do much for me!

Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha!

Thread Information