Thread: Worship after Surgery? also healing mantra?

Worship after Surgery? also healing mantra?

I'm getting surgery on monday and i was wondering what i could bring to the room for after the surgery. its not a major kind of surgery (gallbladder removal) there's a chance i'll be going home the day of the surgery but they said to pack for overnight. They also said that i might be there a few days depending on how much pain i'm in. Is it ok to bring a small Ganesha statue (one that has never been used for worship of any kind, just a decorative one, i have gotten several of them for free with orders from an online shop) and a maalaa for japa to my hospital room? I know of a healing mantra "Om Shree Dhanvantre Namah" if anyone knows a better one or one that is related to Lord Ganesha please let me know of it!

Re: Worship after Surgery? also healing mantra?

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    I'm getting surgery on monday and i was wondering what i could bring to the room for after the surgery. its not a major kind of surgery (gallbladder removal) there's a chance i'll be going home the day of the surgery but they said to pack for overnight. They also said that i might be there a few days depending on how much pain i'm in. Is it ok to bring a small Ganesha statue (one that has never been used for worship of any kind, just a decorative one, i have gotten several of them for free with orders from an online shop) and a maalaa for japa to my hospital room? I know of a healing mantra "Om Shree Dhanvantre Namah" if anyone knows a better one or one that is related to Lord Ganesha please let me know of it!
    Namaste Catnip-ji:

Please do bring either a small murti of Lord Shrī Ganesha or even a japa mālā. If you are unable to, please remember the mantra you have mentioned above and repeat it. The main thing to do will be to keep your mind clear of negative energy and focus instead on positive energy and the mantra recitation will help you with that. I wasn't able to find healing mantras off the bat, but I read somewhere that you could use the Gāyatri Mantra for healing.

Once again, I wish you all the best for your surgery. Take it easy and don't be too worried.

As for the murti of Lord Shrī Krishna and the cat? I wouldn't think too much into it if I were you. I don't believe it was a sign from Lord Shrī Ganesh. Cats are curious creatures and will break stuff or toy with anything just to get your attention. It isn't about worshipping other Gods; Lord Shrī Ganesh is your Ishtadevta and I am sure he will remain so even if you have murtis of other deities. I wouldn't delve into it a whole lot, Catnip.

Regards,
    Paijavana

Re: Worship after Surgery? also healing mantra?

Namaste Sudas Paijavana,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste Catnip-ji:

Please do bring either a small murti of Lord Shrī Ganesha or even a japa mālā. If you are unable to, please remember the mantra you have mentioned above and repeat it. The main thing to do will be to keep your mind clear of negative energy and focus instead on positive energy and the mantra recitation will help you with that. I wasn't able to find healing mantras off the bat, but I read somewhere that you could use the Gāyatri Mantra for healing.
    I went to the ER last night because the pain returned and brought my small Lord Ganesha with me and my japa maalaa. they said everything was alright and sent me home with medicine to calm my digestive system and the surgery is still set for Monday (i probably just ate too much rice, the surgeon said that carbohydrates could possibly cause the pain. he said to eat lots of clear soups until my surgery) I also heard the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra could be used? and there's an app available for my tablet that i can sing along with since i don't know it well.... Though that's a bit of a long one >.<

Once again, I wish you all the best for your surgery. Take it easy and don't be too worried.
    Thank you

As for the murti of Lord Shrī Krishna and the cat? I wouldn't think too much into it if I were you. I don't believe it was a sign from Lord Shrī Ganesh. Cats are curious creatures and will break stuff or toy with anything just to get your attention. It isn't about worshipping other Gods; Lord Shrī Ganesh is your Ishtadevta and I am sure he will remain so even if you have murtis of other deities. I wouldn't delve into it a whole lot, Catnip.

Regards,
    Paijavana
    Ok, he was actually trying to climb up onto the windowsill.... he's knocked my dad's stereo over trying to do the same in his room. perhaps its just a sign that my shrine is overcrowded haha. He pushed on the salt lamp somehow and that knocked Sri Krishna off the shrine. I wanted to get this brass statue of Sri Krishna and Sri Radha sitting on a swing together anyway and this is a perfect excuse (when i have the money) though i'll have to do some rearranging to fit it i think.... i gotta look at the dimensions...

Thread Information