Many of us are aware by this time of the lunch tragedy in Bihar, India, of many young school children having eaten free lunch mixed with insecticide who died eventually. http://news.yahoo.com/cooks-recount-...112415613.html

I'm reminded of a news I read recently, thought will give it here as a word of caution.

Many of us reuse nice looking or handy bottles/containers that was used originally for something else such as the Domino Sugar Yellow container or the Horlicks container. Many of us are not in the habit of purchasing a new container for storing some of the household items - such as the many spices in the kitchen and for various items around the house including childrens' toys such as beads.

Well, we should be very careful in reusing some of these containers. I read recently that in someone's household, 'Shikakai' - that coarse, brown, powdery substance used for herbal hair wash was stored in the Horlicks container and that a young child of about 4 or 5 consumed Shikakai thinking it to be 'Horlicks' and the boy's mother had jokingly stated about it for a word of caution in reusing such containers.

Imagine what would have happened if the young boy had eaten something else, like insecticides from a 'Horlicks' jar?!

So I thought of adding here this incidence as a word of precaution. Also we should not keep all these items in the reach of young children either.

I wonder how insecticide could have gotten in the food prepared for children at Bihar. My heart goes out to these young victims!