Thread: Kundalini

Thumbs Up Kundalini

not sure if this is the appropriate place to post but i wasnt sure where else to post this question. ive been meditating for a few months now and just started learning of kundalini, the problem however is that information on this practice is limited as it is as ancient as the people of earth. many of the things i read warn of the monsters that may emerge, others say it is best to be guided by an expert/guru and others still give vague descriptions of what to expect but not much on the practice itself.. i wish to know more and was hoping the educated few of this matter may stmble on this post. thank you so much in advance Namaste.
    "She looked in Krishnas mouth and saw the Entire Universe!"

Re: Kundalini

Quote Originally Posted by DMartyr View Post
    not sure if this is the appropriate place to post but i wasnt sure where else to post this question. ive been meditating for a few months now and just started learning of kundalini, the problem however is that information on this practice is limited as it is as ancient as the people of earth. many of the things i read warn of the monsters that may emerge, others say it is best to be guided by an expert/guru and others still give vague descriptions of what to expect but not much on the practice itself.. i wish to know more and was hoping the educated few of this matter may stmble on this post. thank you so much in advance Namaste.
    Namaste DMartyr,

Here is a site that came highly recommended to me. I have been adopting its practices.

General method:

http://aypsite.com/13.html

Kundalini symptoms of imbalance:

http://aypsite.com/69.html

I hope this helps!

PS: Where have you read of monsters? What have you heard?

Jai Krishna
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DMartyr View Post
    Namaste.

For many centuries, such esoteric teachings were only available to monks of the highest order.

There was a very good reason for that...because it was assumed that after many years of rigorous training and practice, such knowledge would become available to them...and not to every Tom, Dick or Harry with nothing more than a passing curiosity.

We can blame the Theosophical Society for popularising this knowledge back in the 1920's. In fact, if it hadn't been for Sir John Woodroffe (Arthur Avalon), I would still be in the dark.

The first book I read was The Serpent Power by the above author, then I read about 'all the bad things that can happen' by Pundit Gopi Krishna . lol

My whole thoughts about Kundalini is 'what's the rush'? One can spend years doing Yoga, Meditation and....cutting one's frenum linguae to stick their own tongue up their nose...or they can just surrender their heart to Lord Shiva and do it all pain-free.

Yes, such things are better done under the expert guidance of a Guru...but go to a Guru and say 'I wanna raise my Kundalini' is quite the antithesis of the attitude (one full of humility and free from desire) that's needed to wake Her up.

I just love and trust in my Lord. When He wants to call His beloved to Him. I just sit and watch. He knows what's best for me.

All of the pitfalls are hidden within the desire. Those who say 'I have been meditating for 10 years now and...nothing'. It's like they are doing some college course or something, saying 'I should have graduated this class already - where's my diploma?'

It doesn't work that way.

You don't meditate and do Yoga because you want something. You do it because you feel something.

I could write a whole Laya Yoga treatise right here and now and explain it all to you in detail, or provide a few of many links on the subject, but I won't. If you type in 'Kundalini' into Google, lots of things come up there.

It's like a flower...it smells better if you let the petals open naturally...don't force them open.

My Lord is the sunshine and He is the rain.

Aum Namah Shivaya

As a brief addendum to this...it's difficult for me to say it...

For the past little while, I have been just giving all to my sadhana.

It has moved away from 'something I do because I love Lord Shiva' to 'something I do because I love Lord Shiva'.

I spent years 'searching' too...many years 'trying to raise Kundalini' and finally settled on Kriya Yoga, with many experiences during Trataka combined with Pranayama, leading to states of very hard Dharana.

Yes, I felt things...experienced 'stuff' whether or not my Kundalini was raised in the process was debatable.

When I first felt my deep attraction to the Lord, it just started by itself. What I felt was already so intense, so incredibly amazing I couldn't care or even think about raising Kundalini or attaining Nirvana anymore. I didn't need to or even want to...it was already happening.

There aren't any Monsters...well, if there are, they are all servants of my Lord Bhuteshwar anyway, so I have nothing to fear. Shiva burns all my fear to ash.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 24 July 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Thread Information