Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: India - Unity between the states...

Re: India - Unity between the states...

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    2. We get a perverse joy out of making somebody else the butt of our jokes and the object of our scorn. Sikhs have been made the butt of Indian jokes. You just have to learn to live with the warped sense of pleasure some people get through insulting others.

Pranam.
    That was exactly my point too, Believerji.

Thanks again for a wonderful post, I liked it.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

When you are upset, is the least desirable time to run to the forum to make a post. Take a cup of tea and relax.
    This is pure wisdom. Thanks for that.
    satay

Namaste,

I like Believer's post. But I am given to wondering, if not for expressing one's frustration over something related to India or Sanathana Dharma, then what belongs truly in the Canteen section?

(And the Original post did try to convey a good message - that we should not insult other states, although I conveyed it through a practical example)..

Namaste.

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    But I am given to wondering, if not for expressing one's frustration over something related to India or Sanathana Dharma, .......
    I apologize if I ever gave you the impression that you should not post whatever you wish to in the forum. That is the moderator's job. However, consider the following,

1. The cartoon was not a personal insult to you.
    2. It is not meant to degrade all Tamils.
    3. It merely ridicules and exposes the helplessness of Jayalalitha.

ALL politicians are constantly ridiculed in the print media and on TV. Sharad Pawar even got slapped by an angry youth last year. Why should Jayalalitha be spared? I am not trying to judge her morals and commitment to Hinduism, but did she not live her whole life as MGR's mistress? Did she not always make a grab for power after MGR's demise, and even when he was alive and had a stroke? Has she not become filthy rich by looting the state treasury and also enriched her friends/relatives? Now that she is fat and old, people start calling her 'ammaa'? What am I missing here? Why does she deserve an iota of respect? Why does an educated person like you feel sad for this phoney 'ammaa'? If you feel bad just because she is a woman, don't, because she is perfectly capable of handling insults. All politicians are money/power grabbing scoundrels - except Modi - who deserve everything they get. Just don't be so sensitive to some rude comments/cartoons about politicians from people/press. Do some chanting instead of thinking about this unfortunate thing and feeling depressed.

Pranam.

lol.. Believer ji's post is totally amusing.

I'm not at all 'amma's fan, I am just wondering what would the same friend of mine do if 200+ Tamilians ridiculed 'their CM' in a likely manner - the dog, the old lady with finger sticking out, the curse, all the 'bells and whistles' put together - I think like me they would take it not as insult to that politician but to their state. What makes it personal is that all these unsightly insults for 'asking for water'?

But maybe I'm just exaggerating a bit.. some people take offence personally, some don't - I guess like you say, Believer ji, I don't have anything to take it as a 'Tamilian offence' here. (If they said the same for instance about 'Srimad Ramanuja' as he was Tamilian too, I would have ended the friendship by this time..)

Thanks.

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Thread Information