Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

  1. #1
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    The Holy Land - India
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    5248

    Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat


  2. #2
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Age
    36
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    588

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Thank you for the link. Michael Cremo, SR Rao and others are very blessed souls indeed.

    The world is brainwashed with adament theories that deny India of our great history beyond a few thousand years, be it aryan invasion or dancing ethiopian theory.

    Very few even accept our ItihAsAs as they are. Even here, bringing in E.Ts and aliens here was unnecessary.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    The Holy Land - India
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    5248

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by jignyAsu View Post
    Even here, bringing in E.Ts and aliens here was unnecessary.
    Yes, they put some star wars type gubli-gook at the end to cheapen the whole thing. Perhaps some uninformed Hindus narrated to them the stories about the attack on Dwarka being from UFO's; the documentary makers could not have invented it themselves.

    Pranam.

  4. #4

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Namaste,

    The following also talks about this matter. I believe Dwarka is real and Lord Shri Krishna did live there.

    http://vimeo.com/14466776

    Paijavana

  5. #5

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste,

    The following also talks about this matter. I believe Dwarka is real and Lord Shri Krishna did live there.
    So far as I know, neither Sri Krishna nor Dvaaraka are mentioned in the Rig Veda Samhita, the only scripture you have previously opined is authoritative.
    Philosoraptor

    "Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

  6. #6
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,893
    Rep Power
    2516

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    A related story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmXHQzAtP4w

    (Krishna History or Myth - The Movie)
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

  7. #7

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    So far as I know, neither Sri Krishna nor Dvaaraka are mentioned in the Rig Veda Samhita, the only scripture you have previously opined is authoritative.
    Greetings,

    Lord Shri Vishnu is described as a "father who comes down to earth" - I see avataras as being backed up by the epithets ascribed to Lord Shri Vishnu in Shruti. Also, really? Ad hominem on a thread about Lord Shri Krishna? Really?

  8. #8

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Greetings,

    Lord Shri Vishnu is described as a "father who comes down to earth" - I see avataras as being backed up by the epithets ascribed to Lord Shri Vishnu in Shruti. Also, really? Ad hominem on a thread about Lord Shri Krishna? Really?
    Ad hominem? Who? Me? I'm just pointing out that Sri Krishna is not mentioned in Rg Veda. Vishnu is certainly mentioned, but if you only believe Rig Veda is authority, you can't argue that a non-Rg-veda avatAra is a genuine avatAra of Vedic deity, since your standard of proof is different from the evidence which describes the avatAra.

    Anyway.... this thread is about submerged Dvaraka, so let me not derail it further.
    Philosoraptor

    "Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

  9. #9
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,893
    Rep Power
    2516

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

    Yes, they put some star wars type gubli-gook at the end to cheapen the whole thing. Perhaps some uninformed Hindus narrated to them the stories about the attack on Dwarka being from UFO's; the documentary makers could not have invented it themselves.

    Pranam.
    The thing they are referring to as UFO's being involved in the attack by King Salwa on Dwaraka is nothing else but the various astras - like 'Brahmastra'. We see in Mahabharata, in the tale of Parikshit maharaja, that when he was a little infant in his mother's womb, Ashwattama issued the Brahmastra to kill the infant, the attack being averted by Sri Krishna's protection. So also in Ramayana, we see the usage of various astras being under play in the war between Rama and Ravana and his men. So in this clipping on submerged Dwarka, I believe Westerners are trying to present as realistic a picture as could be on how these astras or 'celestial weapons' could have acted on Dwaraka, destroying the city. An overall interesting narrative!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

  10. #10
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Age
    36
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    588

    Re: Submerged Dwarka and other cities off the coast of Gujrat

    Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I believe Westerners are trying to present as realistic a picture as could be on how these astras or 'celestial weapons' could have acted on Dwaraka, destroying the city.
    Exactly! And aliens at this point is more realistic to them than accepting such a long human history, scared and brainwashed they are by atheistic conclusions.

    Long time back people were laughing at the Hindus for making ridiculous claim about world being more than 5000 years. Now, even if we escavate entire Dwaraka, they will say - ok, we push you back to 1000BC more that's all.

    Even our Indian scientists like Dr Vartak, assigns dates of 8000 BC to Ramayana etc. only to seem more "real". For e.g. he refers to incident of killing of Jayadrata where Krishna blocks the sun with His maya. He takes this incident to be a solar eclipse and calculates a date - Krishna hiding sun is too much for him and yet Sri Vyasa has document many an eclipse and so knows the difference. Very few fortunate souls are able to take our Itihasa puranas as they are.

    Ofcourse such pseudo conclusions are useful for agnostics struggling with their faith.........

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •