Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lot less traffic these days...

Re: Lot less traffic these days...

Namaste,

Hello EM, Believer, All,

I believe that Lord Kelvin said similar of science, at the turn of the 20 century ...
    Last edited by Mana; 10 August 2013 at 03:58 PM.

Hari Om

Namaste

This thread and a couple of responses are even reposts, including my response. Think even with questions posed that are the same or appear to be the same, illicit responses from different and newer members, and the responses from those who have responded to same issues before, offer a nuanced glimpse of differences in their newer responses. Of growth perhaps, perspective that has changed? Think there is great value in all of this.

Oh what a book it is! From here, do not post perhaps or even log in, but can peer into many times a day to look up something. What a wealth of interaction and knowledge to tap into. Just a magnificent offering.

Necro, from here as well, miss a number of Jivas who used to offer much. Very much to be honest.

Think frequency of postings will continue to be viewed in cycles, even in a mature forum. Believe this, due to what "subject is".

Om Namah Shivaya

FFTW

Sita Ram,

During my first couple of years on HDF, I posted much more frequently. However, over the past year or so I have been posting in a scanty fashion. This has been due to a combination of factors, chiefly stemming from my preoccupations in the "real world", such as university studies and my sadhana. I have been steadily spending more time in japa and meditation, and overtime I have come to see HDF more as a "learning resource" than an actual discussion forum that I take part in. I still visit and browse HDF nearly every day, taking in what I can from the members, and always in some way being positively impacted by the articulations presented here; both by the deeply philosophically-minded learned members as well as the "newbies" who present a beautiful thirst for the purifying nectar of Sanatana Dharma.

In many ways, I see the stylistic composition of HDF as explained by Satay and others on this thread, as a reflection of Hinduism as a whole. I have never been a member of another online forum, but I have come across and browsed several others. Compared to HDF, the vast majority of them seem to be practically inactive or actively filled with irrelevant banter that steers the course of discussion away from the predominant subject of the forum and into the world of the mundane. HDF, with its subordinate in number yet superior in quality posts, shows a steadfast concern and commitment to the subject at hand, which is driven by a genuine seeking for knowledge and communion, and that in my opinion is a genuine reflection of the Hindu consciousness.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information