Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venus mahadasha for Aquarius lagna

Venus mahadasha for Aquarius lagna

Namaste,

It is said dasha of 9th lord is highly auspicious, even more so for Kumba lagna, as Venus the 9th lord hold lordship over a Kendra and a Trikona.

Well, I am running this so-called Venus mahadasha for Kumbha Lagna, and I can tell, it is ordinary. I used to be employed for a good 10 yrs before, and for the last 2 yrs, I am a homemaker. It is not that I am not getting jobs, I am not applying for any. I just do not feel motivated to continue my employment for various reasons. Whereas, when I was employed about 5 yrs ago, I used to imagine Venus dasha being such an auspicious one, that it is going to give me some kind of prominence in employment issues, whereas here I am, totally unmotivated to seek employment.

Also everyone before used to acclaim so much of my 'Dhana-yoga' - that is the conjunction of Jupiter the 2nd/11th lord with Venus the 9th lord in my 10th house - and there has been no results of this dhana-yoga felt either. Why so? Is it because my Venus is in Rasi-Sandhi or because a retro-Saturn is aspecting the combo?

Can anyone answer the above concerns for me? My DOB is Oct 31st, 1971, 2:32 PM, Chennai, India.

Thanks and regards.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Venus mahadasha for Aquarius lagna

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Venus' maha-daśā using which system of reckoning ? And is venus the ātmakāraka ?
    And one must comprehend that for fixed signs the bādhaka¹ sthāna resides in the 9th therefrom. It is the 7th for duals signs and 11th for movable signs.

There is more to a daśā system then meets the eye... some too divide the daśā period into 3rd's. 1st, 2nd and 3rd periods.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • bādhaka = harassing; opposing, hindering; causing obsticles
    • sthāna - place of; standing
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan ji,

Are you saying that contrary to the popular belief, Venus for Kumbha lagna will behave only as a badhak during its own dasha? The system used is 360 degree Solar years started from Moon.

Thanks.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste Yajvan ji,

Are you saying that contrary to the popular belief, Venus for Kumbha lagna will behave only as a badhak during its own dasha? The system used is 360 degree Solar years started from Moon.

Thanks.
    I am suggesting one must look at all the parameters - one size does not fit all.

iti śivaṁ
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Are you working with the viṁśottarī daśā system called out by mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśara in his brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra ( bphs abbreviation), chapter 48. This is one of 32 daśā systems
    viṃśaṃ śata = 100 (śata) + 20 (viṃśa)
    vimśottaraśata as it is called out in the bphs , chapter 48.14
    • vimśottaraśata = vimśa + uttara + śata
      • viṃśa = consisting of 20 parts
      • uttara = followed by
      • śata = 100
    Does aṣṭottarī daśā - aṣṭottarī ( 108 year) daśā system 'with a remainder of' 8 apply to your chart ? It aligns quite nicely with my chart. What are the rules for this application ? Mahāṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśara gives the proper instructions within his work.

Is ṣodaśottarī daśā system ( 116 years ) applicable ?

If the attention is on venus ( the 9th lord as you have suggested), one may look also to the dvadaśottarī = dva + daśa + uttarī ; uttarī = 'with a remainder of' dva= 2 daśa = 10 or a 112 year system. Why is this related to venus one may ask ?
    The search begins to find this answer... just as with aṣṭottarī daśā one needs to be aware that ketu is the lord of this daśā system and is not part of the count in any of the sub-daśā periods.

I have met few ( to very-very few ) who are able to apply and exercise the daśā systems accordingly... this includes me. With study one comes to appreciate just how insightful the original seers of jyotish were.

iti śivaṁ
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste,

It is said dasha of 9th lord is highly auspicious, even more so for Kumba lagna, as Venus the 9th lord hold lordship over a Kendra and a Trikona.
    Greetings,

When read from moon as ascendant, Venus rules 8th house.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Jetavan View Post
    Greetings,

When read from moon as ascendant, Venus rules 8th house.
    Please inform us why one should consider calculations from candra¹ ? We also must then consider calculations from sūrya, no? Then no doubt from the ārūḍha lagna (AL) and a must from the ātmakāraka which in the rāśi chart is called the kāraka lagna. Each has its value.

Now why do I care about the kāraka¹ lagna ? Because the 8th from the kāraka lagna indicates maheśvara¹. If say rāhu or ketu joins the ātmakāraka a.k.a. kāraka lagna, then we count 8 houses in the reverse (viparīta¹) direction to arrive at maheśvara . This is used for many std. calculations when composing/constructing various daśā periods¹.

Now what does maheśvara do ? He separates ātmā from mana - and my interest from a spiritual (ādhyātmika) POV.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • candra - the moon; from ścandrá - glittering , shining (as gold) , having the brilliancy or hue of light
    • kāraka - instrumental in bringing about the action
    • maheśvara = 'great lord' usually aligned to śiva or even rudra in this application.
    • daśā = state or condition of life , period of life
    • The nārāyaṇan daśā system would be an example of reversing the count when ketu is encountered. Ketu's effect is considered viparīta or turned around, inverted, being the reverse of anything , acting in a contrary manner
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

[SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]Please inform us why one should consider calculations from candra¹?
    Greetings,

Candra is the fastest moving graha.
    "Everybody wants to see God but nobody wants to do any sadhana." -- Swami Sivananda
    "You can advance only through karma yoga; by karma yoga you may benefit others also....Only hard work can make a person powerful and energetic." -- Haidakhan Babaji
    "Do everything you do as Śivathondu." -- Yogaswami

I understand that Chandra lagna could be sometimes very powerful that chart has to be read from it, rather than regular lagna. I suspect if this is my case! Because there are quite some yogas when read from the Aquarius ascendant in my chart, and none of them have really manifested! For instance they say, 10th lord posited in 1st house and on A10 produces 'Simhasan yoga' - a yoga that would give prominence in career. But I did not occupy any authorititative post when employed earlier, and my career has come to a standstill. If seen from Chandra lagna, 10th lord Jupiter is in 9th house conjoining 8th lord! And that house lord goes to 12th house!

And karakamsa lagna also is all too important - from my natal karakamsa lagna, my 10th lord Mars goes to 6th house - a dusthana, which explains my frustrations while employed earlier!

hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Two offers from above:

Candra is the fastest moving graha.
    I understand that Chandra lagna could be sometimes very powerful that chart has to be read from it,
    Yes, no doubt is fast moving but why make it a lagna point of reference ? And 'very powerful', yes, but if chandra is debilitated¹, it is therefore not so powerful , no ?

So, it must be something else. What does the moon represent ? That of the mind & emotions. As the lagna point and graha's therefrom, it informs us of the influences on the mind.
    It is one of the luminaries ( sun and moon) hence their esteemed role in jyotish. So, with this knowledge explain why we use the sun's position as another lagna.

iti śivaṁ

1. debilitated - is called nīca; it is defined as low, the lowest point of a graha; yet too it also means ~humbled~.
    Last edited by yajvan; 19 August 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thread Information