I would love to recite Sri Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam, Kriyarameesh ji. Being a Vaishnava, they are father and mother to me. But it is quite tedious to recite Sri Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam - first, being new to it, my Sanskrit pronunciation will make it too long, and secondly it will take a long time to recite Sri Narayana Hridayam, followed by Lakshmi Hridayam and then again with Narayana Hridayam. But, like you, an astrologer once suggested the same to me - to recite Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam. I have heard that when a pregnant woman recites Sri Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam in the prescribed manner every Friday over kheer and drinks the kheer, a baby as splendid as Sriman Narayana will be born to them!

And secondly, if I start concentrating with Sri Lakshmi and Sriman Narayana, will I likely get swayed over by them that I will forget my real Ishta? (Sri Rama). As it happens, I've been sincerely worshiping Sri Rama each day for some years now... Too sad, a parihara that can be done to Sri Rama isn't there. I don't know if anybody else has fears like this..