Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer for the Recovery of a Loved One

Prayer for the Recovery of a Loved One

Namaste everyone,

I don't believe I have ever posted in this part of HDF before, perhaps because I have never really thought to share my worries with the rest of the forum before in which I thought it necessary to ask others to include me and mine in their thoughts and prayers. Someone very dear to me is currently in hospital, having been in there for many weeks recovering from what should have been a straightforward surgery. For some reason healing has been slow and while I have tried to put on a brave face day in day out seeing them, I feel my resolve is waning from emotional stress of seeing them take two steps forward and then two backwards.

I am genuinely scared for the first time in a long time. This shouldn't take so long, but for reasons we cannot explain it is complicated. I have lost count of the prayers I have offered up to God to watch over my friend. I have faith my friend is in no real danger but who can say for certain in a hospital? It has gone over a month now and I feel my own health slipping for the anxiety I carry around me daily.

If you have a moment in your prayers for the next few days please include the health of this person who means a lot to me. I know prayer for another's well-being can only do so much but for the grace of God but it is no harm to think positive thoughts for them otherwise.

Thank you for reading. It has been helpful for me even just to type out my worries. God bless all.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Re: Prayer for the Recovery of a Loved One

Hari Om

Namaste Chōṭī Bahana

If you would feel comfortable and inclined, please share name of loved one as some feel this can help in a number of ways.

May your friend and helper, Lord Ganesha be felt near for you.

Since reading post from you, have already and will again later on evening Sadhana, touch the feet of Lord Shiva.

Take the best of care of yourself during this time.

Om Namah Shivaya

FFTW

Namaste,

We all pray for your relative/friend's speedy recovery. May God grant him/her good health and much happiness.

In the meantime, stay strong. Remember, you are the caregiver and should not become someone who needs to be cared for. Pray for strength and keep the faith. Every thing will turn our to be okay.

Pranam.

Namaste Śūnyatā07,

I'm sorry to hear that he is taking so long to recover. I will assuredly pray that the health of your loved one improves and I hope there are no lingering complications following his/her surgery. As a word of advice, try not to be TOO anxious [unless he/she is in critical condition] as severe anxiety due to prolonged suffering could damage your health as well [or even lead to immune deficiency, memory loss, or coronary artery disease]. Nonetheless, I deeply empathize with you and it must feel terrible trying to cope with detachment from someone with whom you have such a close relationship while knowing his/her present medical condition.

Oṃ Namo Bhagavate Vāsudevāya
    Last edited by Jaskaran Singh; 23 August 2013 at 04:06 AM.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

sunyata07,

May Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu bless your beloved one for a speedy recovery!
    Anirudh...

Namaste sunyata07,

So very sorry to hear of your friends troubles; I shall do the requested with all of my heart. Keep your energy up with your Japa and if you can, prey whilst looking at a nice photo of them if you have one, for your minds eye if not then from memory; You will be helping them in this way.

Kind regards.

Dear Shunyata , namaste

Haven't heard from you in a long time. Can you play this VishNusahastranAma softly in the hospital room? For your friend's health in all five kosha* and beyond - i.e. spiritual health. It will alleviate your anxiety as well.

VishNuSahastranAma

(The reason I choose this one - it is complete, and M.S. Subalakshmi in reduced speed. The translation is Gaudiya VaishNav, but here it is the actual rendition we care about.)

Close your eyes and listen...

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

The 5 kosha : 1. annamaya - physical 2. prANamaya - breath 3. manomaya - mind/mental 4. vidnyAnamaya - intellect 5. Anandamaya - bliss beyond mind and intellect, its generated [il]logic, its ups an downs.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Also, do you read the Bhagavad Gita everyday? At least one chapter daily. The fear and anxiety will have a big N/A against them. ("not applicable").
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Hugs. <3
    You are both in my prayers.

Namaste.

I am sorry and saddened to read of your friend's illness and suffering. I hope he/she makes a speedy recovery. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your kindred at this time.

Dear God,

It is rather presumptuous of us to try and understand why it is You do what You do.

All we know, is there must be a reason for it, or else You wouldn't do it.

We all have our specific contributing Karmas which cause all our diseases and misfortunes, but please show Your merciful face in this, our time of anguish.

We leave it in Your loving hands, with hope and prayers of a favourable outcome.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information