Namaste,

Thank you all for your kind words and compassionate thoughts. After I uploaded my original post, I must have spent several hours in prayer that night before my shrine asking for God's blessing for my friend who earlier than evening I had left in hospital running a high fever, vomiting, losing fluids, etc. I was so shaken I was nearing tears but prayer did help to alleviate my anxiety. Looking upon the kind, tender faces of the murtis in my shrine, I almost felt like God was saying "Don't worry, everything is going to turn out ok. Just relax." Listening to a load of chalisas and stotras on my YouTube playlist helped immensely. Much of my focus was at the Divine Mother that night, I felt so helpless like a lost, crying child.

Reading over the responses from my dear spiritual brothers and sisters here has moved me a lot. I am happy to update that my friend's fever disappeared almost immediately that evening. I cannot say if my prayers or yours did anything, but the recovery in those 24 hours was nothing short of astonishing. Praise to God in His infinite mercy! My, I feel like I will need to undergo a penance for the weight He has lifted from my shoulders. And thank you so much for your best wishes and advice. I appreciate them a lot.

Om namah Shivaya