Thread: Namaste :)

Namaste :)

Hello All,

I was born and raised in a traditional Hindu family. Was very religious in my childhood and in my teen years. Loved reading Hindu literature, always felt the divine presence everywhere and in everything. Felt safe and happy. The world seemed to be a wonderful place. Everything had a reason, no coincidences. Felt like I was part of everything and I had a part to play in everything. My Universe had order and felt like everything and everyone had a happy ending. I loved lord Ganesh. Always had a picture of him with me, carried him everywhere. So far those were the best, happiest times in my life. The sense of safety and hope was overwhelming.

The more I grew the farther I moved from religion, God. I wasn't religious as I used to be, but still I believed in God and prayed.

I used to do lots of online reading and at a certain point I came across content related to atheism and some cult belief systems. In the beginning I was just reading, was just only entertainment. But even before I knew it my mind had started to process everything. I started doubting my faith, the concept of God etc. At that moment in my life the idea of God became illogical. There I lost my faith. I was something between an atheist and a cult believer. My whole universe had collapsed. Lots of stuff happened. Since then my mind would debunk everything related to God using Science. I continued to be this way for some years. Life became pointless, miserable, lost hope..and every ounce of divinity...So many negative things happened.....

I so desperately wanted my faith back..but it seemed impossible. My mind was telling me that I had crossed the point of no return...and there was no way back. I wanted to believe in God .. but mind was constantly fighting against it. It needed proof. I was longing, praying for proof.. so that I could silence my mind.

Finally...
    I met someone ...who would make me experience something divine. This experience could not be explained using Science. It was impossible for my mind to debunk this experience. So finally I got the proof I needed.This experience reinstated my faith.

Now I am far better than before...I am very careful when it comes to exploring new things. I joined this forum to gain more insight on Hinudism, to better understand it and to meet people like me.

Re: Namaste :)

Namaste and welcome to the HDF forums.

Quote Originally Posted by pranav View Post
    I used to do lots of online reading and at a certain point I came across content related to atheism and some cult belief systems. In the beginning I was just reading, was just only entertainment. But even before I knew it my mind had started to process everything. I started doubting my faith, the concept of God etc. At that moment in my life the idea of God became illogical. There I lost my faith. I was something between an atheist and a cult believer. My whole universe had collapsed. Lots of stuff happened. Since then my mind would debunk everything related to God using Science.
    If you're interested in a review of the science which was given by one Vaishnava spiritual master, I would like to recommend his book Life Comes from Life. See here: http://prabhupada.org.uk/sp_expose/life/life_comes.htm

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste and welcome to the HDF forums.

If you're interested in a review of the science which was given by one Vaishnava spiritual master, I would like to recommend his book Life Comes from Life. See here: http://prabhupada.org.uk/sp_expose/life/life_comes.htm

regards

Thank you I will see

Namaste Pranav,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by pranav View Post
    Finally...
    I met someone ...who would make me experience something divine. This experience could not be explained using Science.
    I am glad you were able to experience this feeling of 'being in an orbit'. Lot of people spend their lifetimes reading and chanting and debating, without ever going through that 'experience' that cannot be explained in words. I just wish there were more 'real' gurus who could ignite the dormant spark of divinity/spirituality present within each one of us.

As is evident from your experiences, all that we absorb through our senses, does affect us in subtle ways. That is why it is essential to block the negativity and alien thoughts so that they don't become part of us and drive us away from our path.

Pranam.

Namaste,

Welcome, my friend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.

The mind is weak, so assured of its might. Yet it can lead us to the strength of the Lord. The price is to surrender it to Him.

Pranam.
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Anima Deorum View Post
    Namaste,

Welcome, my friend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.

The mind is weak, so assured of its might. Yet it can lead us to the strength of the Lord. The price is to surrender it to Him.

Pranam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

I am glad you were able to experience this feeling of 'being in an orbit'. Lot of people spend their lifetimes reading and chanting and debating, without ever going through that 'experience' that cannot be explained in words. I just wish there were more 'real' gurus who could ignite the dormant spark of divinity/spirituality present within each one of us.

As is evident from your experiences, all that we absorb through our senses, does affect us in subtle ways. That is why it is essential to block the negativity and alien thoughts so that they don't become part of us and drive us away from our path.

Pranam.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata07 View Post
    Namaste Pranav,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Om namah Shivaya

Thank you friends..

Namaste Pranav and welcome to HDF.

A similar experience was shared by myself - very religious in my younger days and loving Lord Shiva...before 'life' got in the way and I just forgot about Him.

I was in the wrong environment to keep up with my devotions and the scenario which made me turn to Lord Shiva originally (an abusive father) wasn't there anymore.

I turned away from the Lord and my floor started to get very dirty, with layers of mud and poo all over it...the broom was not sweeping it up anymore - I needed a shovel!

In the end, I just ignored my 'dirty floor' - but having once known Shiva, becoming consciously ignorant made me a huge hypocrite and I couldn't really live with that.

Then, I saw something out of the corner of my eye...a piece of 'shiny floor' that wasn't dirty yet. I was over the moon with joy.

Here was a place I could start cleaning from. Here was what Lord Shiva was showing me!

Since then, I have been working on cleaning my floor - making it so clean in parts, I often slip over and break my neck on it.

Still, I love my Lord so much and He has shown me the way.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us on HDF.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information