Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question...

Re: A question...

Quote Originally Posted by ale84 View Post
    Thanks, and what happens when you attain moksha after you die? is your individuality lost in the Brahman?
    Namaste.

There's an old adage that goes 'larger than life'. Some people just have a certain charisma about them that defines who/what they are.

It matters not if Moksha is attained before/after death because it is exactly the same thing.

If by 'individuality' you mean 'ego' or 'I-ness' then yes, that goes back into the Source of All Creation from whence the Jiva sprang forth (I prefer that term over 'merging into Brahman').

If by 'individuality' you mean 'personality', - we get to keep that (before death obv) but the personality undergoes modifications. You don't stop being 'who you are' you just become 'what everything else is' too.

A lot of people often say to me 'merging into nothing sounds boring'. For some ungodly reason, people like to equate the state of Samadhi with 'becoming nothing' and 'losing yourself into nothing.

Sure, nothing is there...at first, but the whole tree is within the tiny seed, or even if the seed is not present, that 'life force' needed to make that tree still is.

I tell those people there isn't a difference between 'nothing' and 'everything' when one finally arrives there...both are the same, so there's no 'both' only what IS. All we know, all we have is what's happening right now - in this split second moment.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste Smaranamji
    Very good writeup. Delightful and thought provoking. Namaste Namaste to you.

Namaste to you too
    _/\_
    praNAm
    Hari Hari
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information