Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clarification on BG 2.47

Re: Clarification on BG 2.47

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by rcscwc View Post
    -- Is a xian or a western atheist clear? Can you make it clear to them? That is the test.
    No i can not and i will not, that is the nature of atheist or xian, you must have heard the expression 'Bhens agad Bhagvat' it is a gujrati expression.
    the real test is to put in to practice teachings of Gita for one own self, that is dharma!

You say I am masking my ignorance.
    i have said no such thing.

--- But this remark on a xian forum will be a mark of intolerance and impatience. Either my way or you are a fool. No, no, Ganeshji, that is not how it works elsewhere.
    if i came across as intolerant i do apologise, however i have only stated what i perceived to be what Lord Krishna is saying. i have not called you a fool, no i would not try it elsewhere, where Hindu dharma is not appreciated.

Ganeshgji, I will be direct. You have no desire to engage hostile xians/atheists, because you are afraid. Arjuna at least was not afraid of battle, he knew he was unbeatable in battle.
    Ok so i am afraid so be it, although i live in this hostile environment, in a xians country!!

Whenever a xian expresses that he has no desire to engage hostile adversaries, he is immediately branded a loser. I have many times engaged in heasted discussions on bible and biblegod.
    So you are very brave and a winner.

Please take this advise as a friend, do not think Lord Krishna contradicts or else you will loose all your battles.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

1. I don't know Gujarati.
    2. For masking my ignorance, please refer to your #25.
    3. If you don't feel like clarifying it enough to at least half convince a xian/atheist, then you wasted your time and mine. It is because you have not seen the BS spewed out by them. Even if you see it you might bear silently.

Ramdhari Singh 'Dinakar' - "Kshma shobhati us Bhujang ko jiske pass garal ho, usko kya jo dant-heen vish-heen vineet saral ho".
    Last edited by rcscwc; 10 September 2013 at 05:56 AM.

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by rcscwc View Post
    It is falhin karam is not possible.
    First I did not understand this line. Oh "phalaheen" , now I get it.
    Who said phalaheen in 2.47?
    KRshNa is saying you have no adhikAr == control on the fruits of action.

There is predictability and probability, we get used to it and therefore keep machine-like expectations. If input = A, output has to be B.
    Depending on the action and field, this may not always be so 100% of the times.

Nobody is stopping you from keeping a goal, aim, temporary functional-expectation or hope.

Do we agree with this so far? There is no point in adding more, seeing how you have been responding to my posts.

Some christians and atheists are following BG 2.47 unknowingly. Are they and you aware of this?

Let us not get into the mine field of liberation, not yet, 2.47 has nothing to do with it.

Interestingly, it does. I AM NOT THE DOER. The one without ahamkAr can truly live BG 2.47, but others can gradually perfect this over time. Yajvanji calls it "skill in action"

2.47 speaks NOTHING about persistence too.
    I did not say it does. I said, "persistence comes afterwards" meaning, it is not within the subject range of 2.47
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

I am aware that some xians/atheists follow maxims of Gita, mostly without knowing. They baulk at Law of Karma too, but when explained properly, many are convinced.
    Ramdhari Singh 'Dinakar' - "Kshma shobhati us Bhujang ko jiske pass garal ho, usko kya jo dant-heen vish-heen vineet saral ho".

Dear rcscwc,
    BG 2.47 is not something for you to "do" about.
    Its merely a statement of fact.
    Its like the law of gravitation...

Its a statement of fact. For you to understand. Knowing it, do as you please.

"Fire Burns"... knowing this I may use it to cook food or I may burn my finger.
    "Fire burns and do not think it will spare your finger" .
    I am still not saying that you should not put your finger in fire. I am just saying it burns your finger also. you may put your finger in fire.

What can be an argument against a statement of fact?

No one can claim that he is the author of all results ... he may start to do something and before he gets the result if his heart stops ... he is gone ... the result is not in his hands is a statement of fact.

No choice here in accepting / rejecting it.

Why would anyone do a karma if he does not expect results ? Well ... he need would not do. If shankara wrote a commentary on the Gita it was with an intention of ensuring that people understand. So there was an intention. There is no act thats done without expectation of a result.

The point stated is ... you may write anything, result is just not in your hands. Just as I may write all this ... with a lots of explanation ... and the result is not in my hands at all. The moderator may block it or the reader may not get whats said. so result is not in my hands.

I write ... with the intention to help someone ... result .... i dont have any control over it.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

IMHO. adhikar here means a right. Control is VASHA in Sanskrit.

explanation still holds true.
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Thread Information