Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Opinions on Islam

Re: Opinions on Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan
    No one has the guts to say this in public. So Islam will be sidelined only indirectly. Even to call a terrorist a terorist, you need to look all around you for support.
    No one can win the battle against Islam if they remain coward. Islam is backed by the planet Rahu, and Rahu gives ample courage. Rahu is brave.

No doubt Islamicists are often much braver than their opponents ~ this has been historically true.

Quote Originally Posted by Singhi Kaya
    No one can win the battle against Islam if they remain coward. Islam is backed by the planet Rahu, and Rahu gives ample courage. Rahu is brave.

No doubt Islamicists are often much braver than their opponents ~ this has been historically true.
    The problem with non muslims is they have been too kind to muslims. Muslim invaders must have been nipped in the bud everywhere they went. The stupid Pritviraj allowed Ghori to get away 17 times before he himself lost and was killed. They say - yajna shesham and shatru sesham must never be left - Hindu princes always were too kiind to these silly invaders even when they won battles. When you win, wipe them - must have been the motto against muslims. It was too late before we could see through their devils.
    Hinduism preached too much Ahimsa and paid a big price in the form of these two Adharmic religions.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Banning the hijab or niqaab is quite discriminatory and indeed wrong. No Hindu should support it as the same thing could happen to us in other ways. My general attitude is that people should have the freedom to live their lives the way they see fit and the only time the people or the government should get involved is when their lifestyle is directly impacting others in a negative way. As unusual as it may sound I have always been somewhat fond of these Muslim women for wearing the clothes that they wear because in the Western society it is definitely something that is an alternative to what we usually see women wearing. Regardless of what my opinions are on this dress, these women should always have a choice in the matter in what they choose to wear or not wear. ~BYS~

We can create any sect from any sect ~ it's a matter of throwing a few things and adding a few things. Problem is will it be accepted, will power crazy mullahs allow any change in the structure and laws of Islam?? Also would such change be honest??
    This sounds like creating a political party. We cannot create others' religions for them. That would be patronising and wrong-headed.

Religions spring from a genuine spiritual inspiration of a God-realised soul, who probably, in the first place, had no intention (and would seriously recommend against!) forming a religion. These leaders, or avatars, offer a practical experience of God that is beyond any religion, sect, cult or belief. Understanding God, as they do, they know that God is far too huge (in fact, infinite) to fit into such a tiny man-made thing like a religion. However, when these leaders die, the original inspiration gets lost and that's when more politically-minded people turn the avatar's words into dogma to form a religion. And empty vessels make the loudest noise.

We don't need more religions. We need more God.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan
    The problem with non muslims is they have been too kind to muslims. Muslim invaders must have been nipped in the bud everywhere they went. The stupid Pritviraj allowed Ghori to get away 17 times before he himself lost and was killed. They say - yajna shesham and shatru sesham must never be left - Hindu princes always were too kiind to these silly invaders even when they won battles. When you win, wipe them - must have been the motto against muslims. It was too late before we could see through their devils.
    Hinduism preached too much Ahimsa and paid a big price in the form of these two Adharmic religions.
    Ahimsa has been wrongly understood by hindus (as is the case with us indian hindus most of the time!)...the type of Ahimsa we understand today has been taught to us by the buddhists and not sanatana dharma!

Sanatana dharma is very 'practical' compared to the buddhist version of ahimsa that we have adopted today when in talking in terms of 'when the rubber hits the road kind of way'!

But then again this is a topic for antoher thread perhaps and perhaps I should not even give my opinion on it as my blood starts boiling when I think about this 'Ahimsa'

Sanatana Dharma is about being practical...if someone is rapping your daughter you are not going to sit there and preach Ahimsa!

okay...I better stop now...
    satay

Exclamation Re: Opinions on Islam

Sanatana Dharma has two ancient streams: autochthonous “Brahmism”, and diasporic “Abrahmism”.

Brahma-vidya and Abrahma-vidya begin with exactly the same instructions:

Noah received the eternal commandment “Do not cause Bloodshed!”.
    Moses received the eternal commandment “Do not commit Murder!”
    The foundation of Christianity is “Do not Kill!”
    The Athenian Solon (c. 600 BC) declared “Do Good!”
    And Patanjali repeats the original (and most general) formulation Ahimsa ~ “Without Harm”.

All Dharma MUST be understood with “Harmlessness” as a fundamental assumption; and all Hindus, all Jews, all Christians, and all Muslims, MUST interpret their scriptures and limit their actions in accordance with this basic principle of civilized humanity.

Ahimsa is Dharma; and Himsa is Adharma. The rule is as simple as that!

Harmless in personal context is same as harmless in socital context???

Killing by a soilder to save his culture and doing his duty == killing by a thug who want's the loot money???

I think when society is not goverend according to dharma and dharmic 'danda niti', these things cannot be generalized. We may be just confusing things and slaughtering other divinely attributes of duty, abhay, teja and truth (or dharma itself) at the alter of misunderstood ahimsha.

Himsha at some levels is so natural that one must be non-existent to be an ahmishak. I think only the jinas taught such total ahimsha.

Ahimsha=Harmlessness is a very good defn, but must be interpreted in the context and not alone.

IMHO

Harmless in personal context is same as harmless in socital context???

Killing by a soilder to save his culture and doing his duty == killing by a thug who want's the loot money???

I think when society is not goverend according to dharma and dharmic 'danda niti', these things cannot be generalized. We may be just confusing things and slaughtering other divinely attributes of duty, abhay, teja and truth (or dharma itself) at the alter of misunderstood ahimsha.

Himsha at some levels is so natural that one must be non-existent to be an ahmishak. I think only the jinas taught such total ahimsha.

Ahimsha=Harmlessness is a very good defn, but must be interpreted in the context and not alone.

IMHO
    As I remember the Baghavad Gita Krishnu an avowed incarnation of God was encouraging the king to fight his relative as a matter of duty.

The Abrahamic tradition is replete with God stepping in to aid in a war that was a just cause or self defense. This is what Islam is supposed to follow also but there are always those willing to justify themselves whether God is with them or not.

This is where Bush is. As a Christian there is the injuntion to love our enenmies but his duty requires him to defend the country from terrorism.

Re: Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee
    Namaskar Satay Ji,

Is letting the blood boil OK by Sanatana Dharma? Taking the risk of temperature further rising in this charged emotional environment, I note a few points.

It is Guna bound mind that binds. And it is one's karma alone that places one either in an unfriendly universe where blood may boil or in a pleasant universe. Letting the blood boil is anathema to sanatana dharma.

At a more profound level: ALL THAT ONE SEES IS one's own CONSCIOUSNESS ALONE. Finding out who the seer of all these is, will reform the whole perspective.

At the same time there is definitely no place for cowardice in sanatana dharma. I wonder, if God decided enough is enough and decreed us to join a dharma battle wherein death would be inevitable, how many would not have trepidation?

This has nothing to do with Muslim vs Hindu etc.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Namaste Bhiaya,

Let's discuss this on the ahimsa thread. I will move your post there.
    satay

Thread Information