Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Islam

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    Amazing! I thought that islam came out of judaism, clearly I thought wrong.

satay
    In my opinion, and that of some other scholars, Islam is a mixture of a version of Judaism and 'the old pagan religion of the Arabs' which, imho, is based on Vedic teachings. For instance, the idea of circumbulating is surely an Indian one?

However, the Koran, unlike any other scriptures I've read, is an incredibly negative literature and the first books anyway, are more about what they're not (i.e. the People of the Book, or the Jews) than what they are. Mohammed in this book is scathing about the People of the Book (the Jews) even though he pinched many of their clothes.
    Last edited by Gill Harley; 07 April 2006 at 09:27 AM.
    Gill

koran is violent, murderous , intolerant tabloid

I agree with you on that, Namo Narayana.

When we had the bombings here, our Prime Minister and all the politicians were at pains to point out that the true Islam is not a violent, murderous religion and that the Koran preaches peace. They have obviously never read the Koran and know little about the religion. Its founder and leader encouraged the violent murder of anyone who disagreed with his 'religion'.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Harley
    I agree with you on that, Namo Narayana.

When we had the bombings here, our Prime Minister and all the politicians were at pains to point out that the true Islam is not a violent, murderous religion and that the Koran preaches peace. They have obviously never read the Koran and know little about the religion. Its founder and leader encouraged the violent murder of anyone who disagreed with his 'religion'.
    they really think that they are aloof, including george bush himself. not many in India know that . Not sonia not manmohan not the communist.

The story of Yayati and his sons is in Mahabharatha.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m01/m01085.htm

SECTION LXXXIV

(Sambhava Parva continued)
    And he continued, addressing another son of his, 'O Turvasu, take thou this weakness of mine along with my decrepitude. With thy youth, O son, I like to enjoy the pleasure of life. After the lapse of a full thousand years I shall give back to thee thy youth, and take back from thee my weakness and decrepitude.' "Turvasu replied, 'I do not like decrepitude, O father, it takes away all appetites and enjoyments, strength and beauty of person, intellect, and even life.' Yayati said to him, 'Thou art sprung from my heart, O son! But thou givest me not thy youth! Therefore, O Turvasu, thy race shall be extinct. Wretch, thou shall be the king of those whose practices and precepts are impure, amongst whom men of inferior blood procreate children upon women of blue blood, who live on meat, who are mean, who hesitate not to appropriate the wives of their superiors, whose practices are those of birds and beasts, who are sinful, and non-Aryan.'.. .........................................

Yayati next addressed Anu and said, 'O Anu, take my weakness and decrepitude. I shall with thy youth enjoy the pleasures of life for a thousand years.' To this Anu replied, 'Those that are decrepit always eat like children and are always impure. They cannot pour libations upon fire in proper times. Therefore, I do not like to take thy decrepitude.' Yayati said to him, 'Thou art sprung from my heart, thou givest not thy youth. Thou findest so many faults in decrepitude. Therefore, decrepitude shall overcome thee! And, O Anu, thy progeny also as soon as they attain to youth, shall die. And thou shalt also not be able to perform sacrifices before fire.'

SECTION LXXXV

"The sons of Yadu are known by the name of the Yadavas: while those of Turvasu have come to be called the Yavanas. And the sons of Drahyu are the Bhojas, while those of Anu, the Mlechchhas. The progeny of Puru, however, are the Pauravas, amongst whom, O monarch, thou art born, in order to rule for a thousand years with thy passions under complete control.'"

We use the terms Yavanas and Mlechchhas for foreigners in general. But it is not that clear who are who in exactly.

One point is clear, that Yavanas are meat eaters, snatch neighbour's wives as their properties etc. These things perfectly match muslims in general.

I'm sorry but I think you've misunderstood my post, rkannan1.

I don't think one should malign other people who subscribe to the Muslim faith. Many of them are very good people and at least as spiritual as some Hindus. It's also a sweeping generalisation - and you can't generalise where people are concerned. Everyone has a mixture of animal and divine nature, and people from any religion can choose to stay in the animal nature or rise above it.

Also the description of the Turvasas from the Srimad Bhagavatham could fit any race that lives in Kaliyuga today - including my own. So it's not helpful to knock people because of their religion, or to demonise one particular race. Otherwise, the next logical step is to go on a "Holy War" against those you suspect of coming from the Turvasa race, and this would make us no better than them.

In my post, I was merely pointing that the Koran is intolerant to other religions, contrary to what our world leaders tell us. It doesn't help, therefore, imho if we are then intolerant of them! What our world leaders should be saying is that most Moslems do want to live in peace with their neighbours, despite their religion stemming from a warlike leader, i.e. Mohammed.
    Last edited by Gill Harley; 11 April 2006 at 03:48 AM.
    Gill

Gill, you dont need to be politically correct. we are not diplomats. though muslims are people like us, but if fed with poison in the mind they turnout to be serpents. the poison is fed from kuran and hadiths and the mullahs.
    the thing about muslims is they change and interpret their scriptures according to the situation. for example the evil Mo would say dont live among kafirs but now lot of muslims are living among kafirs in the west. they reason they would say is they are here to help kafirs from going to hell as if hell is in a well across the street. we need to wake people up on this evil. lot of indians dont know about it. Even the Hindutva people dont know this about koran..... i learnt quite a bit in faithfreedom.org

Hi Naro Narayana

I'm not trying to be politically correct. In my understanding, and also according to my guru's instruction, it is against the dharma to criticise others for their differing faith.
    Gill

Please do not speak against Islam is general. Qur'an is also a holy scripture, not less than any other.
    Personally i think that time of Islam is finishing. But it doesn't mean Islam is not a true religion that can lead to the One God.

Ekam Sad Vipra Bahudha Vadanti,
    as Vedas say.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Please do not speak against Islam is general. Qur'an is also a holy scripture, not less than any other.
    Personally i think that time of Islam is finishing. But it doesn't mean Islam is not a true religion that can lead to the One God.

Ekam Sad Vipra Bahudha Vadanti,
    as Vedas say.
    Arjuna, grab an english translation of koran and see what it says. in my current thinking ability i dont called islam a religion. i am saying this after knowing the interpretation of kuran. Apologies if this hurt anyone anyway.

Thread Information