Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Please do not speak against Islam is general. Qur'an is also a holy scripture, not less than any other.
    Personally i think that time of Islam is finishing. But it doesn't mean Islam is not a true religion that can lead to the One God.
    Sorry Arjuna...here I have to say your thoughts are wrong.
    Thinking doesn't finish evil, doing does.
    More people critisize Islam better.

Qu'ran is a scripture which some regards as holy. Full Stop.

Ekam Sad Vipra Bahudha Vadanti,
    as Vedas say.
    Does this translate to "all religions are true or lead to god"?? It doesn't. Please don't mis-interpret a sacred hynm and reverse the implication of the statement.

On serious note, if you have studied Koran and is aware of its main tenants and know the life of mohammad. Then this post suggest you are not prepared to accept truth and may be, face the consequences - how does that reflect on virattva or vira bhava in general?

All life is Yoga - those who compartmentalize spirituality into something separate from other choices in life are surely not travelling the road to perfection. Truth is one of the forms of Atman.

I don't intend to be harsh - I think this deserves more discussion with you. Perhaves for the first time you quoted on a political topic and it is not correct.Notice my confidence here.

Quote Originally Posted by Namo Narayana
    Arjuna, grab an english translation of koran and see what it says. in my current thinking ability i dont called islam a religion. i am saying this after knowing the interpretation of kuran. Apologies if this hurt anyone anyway.
    No need to apologize. You intended to speak what you think is true as is true. It will only hurt who are not with truth - no bad karma there. Krishna who have advised the same.

It's a strange curse on sanatan dharma that spiritualists don't take the side of truth. No wonder Krishna never came back after 5000 years have passed, though he promised to come every time their is torture on wise men. Only implies spiritualists are not wise. Re-inforces my faith on how great the path of Karma - the yoga of work is.
    Last edited by Singhi Kaya; 11 April 2006 at 12:20 PM.

Smile

"The dog will stop barking at its own reflection in the stream, when it knows that it is not another dog but itself. All are reflections of ourselves, and so, whom are we to hate and whom are we to love? The wise men maintain the attitude - "Give up attachment, give up entanglements - Thyaga (renunciation) alone grants freedom". Renounce the idea of your being separate; see all beings in yourself, and yourself in all beings. That is the highest renunciation, the renunciation of the sense of ego, which makes you cling to this temporary body - this bundle of bone and flesh with a name and form."

Sathya Sai Baba

I was hoping to have some discussion in these threads about the root of Judaic religions, tracing it back to the Vedas, the true fountainhead, the sanathana dharma, without it deteriorating into personal insults towards individuals within a particular religion.

Is that going to be possible?
    Gill

Straight speech often sounds like personal insult. That was not the intention.
    I'll wait for Arjuna to say if he thinks this is personal insult.

He wrote much staright stuff on ISKCON.

But Agreed Islam shouldn't come in a Judaism thread.
    I'll create a new one for that.

edit to add: we are already there -

Islam

Mod hat on

namaste,
    please keep the personal sentiments on islam for another forum. There are plenty of such forums on the internet. Let's try to keep this forum clean of all hatred if possible...

The easiest way to do is to think about how we behave in a temple and apply that same attitude here on this forum.

thank you.

satay

Mod hat off

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    Mod hat on

namaste,
    please keep the personal sentiments on islam for another forum. There are plenty of such forums on the internet. Let's try to keep this forum clean of all hatred if possible...

The easiest way to do is to think about how we behave in a temple and apply that same attitude here on this forum.

thank you.

satay

Mod hat off
    I agree with personal insults. But topics which are politically charged will result in some sparks flying. We can't expect dharmic calmness everywhere.

I've had more problems out of Christianity than Islam, but I guess that's because some of my family members are Christian. I'm going to hell because I have something from Lord of the Rings in my room.

Read Vedas then and see what is there as well

I have rather decent knowledge of Islam and know that many saints were there. Sri Ramakrishna, Shirdi Sai and Babaji acknowledged Islam as a way to God. There are even Naths who are muslims.
    Go read about sufism — that is real pure Islam. Not the ridiculous terroristic propaganda.

I have rather decent knowledge of Islam and know that many saints were there. Sri Ramakrishna, Shirdi Sai and Babaji acknowledged Islam as a way to God. There are even Naths who are muslims.
    Go read about sufism — that is real pure Islam. Not the ridiculous terroristic propaganda.
    Arjuna, please feel free to come to faithfreedom.org and discuss why you think islam is way of god.

Pure Islam is Koran and the Hadith. Rest are later development and harbour the apologists. So let's base arguments on Koran and if possible hadith.
    History of sufis are neither very rosy too. But my case is against Islam.
    (you must know the defn of a muslim? one who believes allah is the ruler, mohammad is the prophet and koran is the revelation. Anything outside is actually against islam if it contradicts Koran at any point)

You are a christian I guess - so what does your excursion into kaula tantrism say about christianity? Nothing. Right?

One cannot put a barrier to a real spiritual quest, so muslims should be allowed in sanatana dharma. But that is no basis for defending Islam.-Is it? Am I being illogical here?

Without getting specific on which saints have ackowledged Islam, I feel this should be argued out based on Koran and real facts on Islam and its history. Faith is good for the follower of the path, we are rationally arguing a topic. It is not because I'm afraid to denounce a saint, but I don't think bhaktas here will accept it and things may get ugly ending in me being denounced to speak

Btw I didn't get your reading on Vedas.

Thread Information