Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Islam

Quote Originally Posted by nekozuki
    I've had more problems out of Christianity than Islam, but I guess that's because some of my family members are Christian. I'm going to hell because I have something from Lord of the Rings in my room.
    Are u not a catholic? Wasn't JRR Tokien a devout catholic?

Quote Originally Posted by Singhi Kaya
    Sorry Arjuna...here I have to say your thoughts are wrong.
    I don't intend to be harsh - I think this deserves more discussion with you. Perhaves for the first time you quoted on a political topic and it is not correct.Notice my confidence here.
    I didn't speak even a word about politics. I spoke about RELIGION, way to God. As such, Islam is also a path — which is proved by fact of existence of many saints.
    I never supported political "islam", let alone terrorism. These are actual phsycic deseases of this culture. But plz do not mix religion and wordly dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by Namo Narayana
    Arjuna, please feel free to come to faithfreedom.org and discuss why you think islam is way of god.
    Thank U

But i am in no way promoting Islam (and NEVER political so called "islam"). Just i do not want to keep silent when dharma-aparadha is done. As Hindu one may consider Islam to be upadharma, "local religion". It is OK. But it IS a religion, path to same God of the Gita, Vedas and Agamas.

In the sense of accepting shahadah, i am also a muslim . As Ramakrishna and Shirdi Baba were. But i do not subscribe to all political nonsence be it muslim ot hindu. Pure religion doesn't deal with politics.

Those who kill innocent people in the name of Allah betray true Islam.

It is not because I'm afraid to denounce a saint, but I don't think bhaktas here will accept it and things may get ugly ending in me being denounced to speak
    A mutual respectable discussion is encouraged. Come on guys, we are all adults here and I trust that when things get personal one of us will step back and say..."hey, we are getting personal here instead of discussing the issues".

Islam is a major "issue" that influences the lives of tons of dharma adherents.

Dharma doesn't mean we have to put up with injustice. So please keep discussing but don't make blanket statements without proof. This applies to "all" members and I am not pointing fingers at you singhi...

satay

Pure Islam is Koran and the Hadith. Rest are later development and harbour the apologists. So let's base arguments on Koran and if possible hadith.
    For me Islam is the religion of Ibn al-'Arabi, J. Rumi, Baba Farid, Hallaj and other saints.
    Qur'an was written in certain historical situation, as Gita was. Gita also in a sense advocates killing and violence. There are "hindus" who kill innocent people just because they believe in Allah or Christ. Maybe few, but still. In history of Hinduism we can also find some dirty pages. But let us not confuse these with Religion, with Brahmajnana.

History of sufis are neither very rosy too. But my case is against Islam.
    Do U know much about sufism? Have U met sufis in Ur life? Which books on sufism have U read?
    Al-Ghazali, a great theologian had proved to orthodox mullahs that sufism is valid version of Islam. And it was accepted. Sufism is a part of Islam, actually the best part.

(you must know the defn of a muslim? one who believes allah is the ruler, mohammad is the prophet and koran is the revelation. Anything outside is actually against islam if it contradicts Koran at any point)
    Qur'an has many levels of interpretation, it has to be seen in context of mystical tradition. As every scripture. If one reads Vedas without proper keys, he finds them indeed ridiculous. But if one reads as Kapali Shastri or Dayananda Swami, one sees something totally different.

I also accept Allah (GOD, Shiva, Kalasankarshini or YHVH) and Muhammad as God's messenger. I see no problem in this.
    If one has a truely religious vision, he sees same Truth in any guise.

This doesn't mean that ANY "religion" is leading to God or that every path is equally effective and straight. But for sure Islam can be a Path.

You are a christian I guess - so what does your excursion into kaula tantrism say about christianity? Nothing. Right?
    Devi took me, it's Her will and grace.
    I respect christianity and know that advanced mysticism exists there too.

One cannot put a barrier to a real spiritual quest, so muslims should be allowed in sanatana dharma. But that is no basis for defending Islam.-Is it? Am I being illogical here?
    Muslims can reach God through Islam without any conversions. But of course they should be allowed to enter hinduism. Religion should be a matter of one's free choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Do U know much about sufism? Have U met sufis in Ur life? Which books on sufism have U read?
    Al-Ghazali, a great theologian had proved to orthodox mullahs that sufism is valid version of Islam. And it was accepted. Sufism is a part of Islam, actually the best part.
    Isn't sufism a 'version' influenced by dharma and in particular, sanatana dharma? I know at least of one sufi that was killed by main stream muslims in the past for uttering "Aham Brahamasmi' (of course in urdu). I can't remeber his name but I will dig it out for reference.

Sufism is not main stream islam preached by the mullahs. But I digress...
    satay

But of course they should be allowed to enter hinduism.
    who is stopping muslims from entering hinduism? anyway, there is no need to 'enter' into hinduism. there is just an adoption of dharmic life...isn't it?

satay

Other muslims are stopping
    I don't know about exact issues but generaly they don't allow any conversions from Islam.

The person U refer to killed by muslim folk was Mansur al-Hallaj, he said "Ana al-Haqq", "I am Thruth".

But sufism did not develop under hindu influence. Quiet opposite, if influenced several hindu sects, as well as helped Sikhism to appear.

Other muslims are stopping
    I don't know about exact issues but generaly they don't allow any conversions from Islam.
    their exact issue is the scripture they follow.

The person U refer to killed by muslim folk was Mansur al-Hallaj, he said "Ana al-Haqq", "I am Thruth".
    Ah...yes, I remember it now.

But sufism did not develop under hindu influence. Quiet opposite, if influenced several hindu sects, as well as helped Sikhism to appear.
    it is interesting that you say that sikhism was helped in its birth by sufism. Could be a possibility...I know a bit about sikhism...do you have some examples on how sufism helped sikhism to appear?

satay

We have many unintelligent people in every religion. Islam is not an exception. Once again, hindus aren't all good and innocent as well.

Regarding Sikhism, better try to look in some scientific sources. I'm not too much into this theme.

Thread Information