Thread: Thirumaalai

Thirumaalai

Namaste all members,

I am currently trying to understand Sri Thondaradippodi Azhwar's 'Thirumaalai'. It is said 'Thirumaalai theriyaadar thirumaalai theriyadar' (those who don't know Thirumaalai don't know Thirumal Sriman Narayana). I found the discourse by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami very useful. If you have read or heard any other spiritual discourse on this topic which you thoroughly enjoyed, please let me know.

PS: It is said even if one cannot recite all the 45 pasurams of Thirumaalai each day, one should make it a habit to recite atleast the 38th pasuram each day without fail. Since I am on this topic, just wanted to share this. I have attached Thirumaalai with meaning for the benefit of those who want to recite it. Although actual Thirumaalai is in Tamil, the text meaning is in English which all those interested can enjoy.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Thirumaalai

Thank You so much for sharing the PDF. Without opening it, or even clicking on it, can tell this is a jewel box full of nectar for the "ears."

Hari kathA, hari kathA, hari kathA

_/\_

____
    (just downloaded it...)
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Hi Viraja,
    I am very interested to learn the meaning of Thirumaalai. However I am unable to open your attachment. can you resend it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste all members,

I am currently trying to understand Sri Thondaradippodi Azhwar's 'Thirumaalai'. It is said 'Thirumaalai theriyaadar thirumaalai theriyadar' (those who don't know Thirumaalai don't know Thirumal Sriman Narayana). I found the discourse by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan Swami very useful. If you have read or heard any other spiritual discourse on this topic which you thoroughly enjoyed, please let me know.

PS: It is said even if one cannot recite all the 45 pasurams of Thirumaalai each day, one should make it a habit to recite atleast the 38th pasuram each day without fail. Since I am on this topic, just wanted to share this. I have attached Thirumaalai with meaning for the benefit of those who want to recite it. Although actual Thirumaalai is in Tamil, the text meaning is in English which all those interested can enjoy.

Many thanks.

Sorry I posted that in 2013. I do not have the file with me anymore.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information