Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do converts accept Indian Hindus?

Re: Do converts accept Indian Hindus?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Pranam-s,

I agree. I believe the notion that "Westerners retain their Abrahamic background upon converting/adopting" is overplayed.
    Vannakkam: Maybe. Maybe not. Some westerners who do come from Abrahamic backgrounds cannot, for the life of them, see the remaining effects due to a stubborn nature of not willing to admit it, yet an outsider can see it in them clearer than the sun.

Sometimes I used to ponder whether it was really the American eagle, or was it a mispronounce American ego?

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    ...for the life of them, see the remaining effects due to a stubborn nature of not willing to admit it, yet an outsider can see it in them clearer than the sun.
    Pranam-s,

Do you think various forms of education can help them overcome their stubbornness in letting go?

Hari Om

Namaste

Sudas Paijavana,

A few years ago, would have agreed with you. Eastern Mind has posted a number of times in more depth on this in the past. Each time he did, silently disagreed with him. Two years later, agree with him. Practice and study and life are not only illuminating, but humbling, all in good way. LOL Much more could say but not bore anyone.

Om Shanti

FFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Pranam-s,

Do you think various forms of education can help them overcome their stubbornness in letting go?
    Vannakkam: No, as they don't see it. A long look in a mirror is called for, but that's just some dream. Unfortunately, there is always the school of Hard Knocks, or Experience the greatest teacher. Of course we all should know, as it's not like we haven't passed this way before, or won't again. Everyone does.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post

Go to the Temple!

Go, again and again...go. Mahadeva will cover the rest.
    Vannakkam: Indeed. I could not say it better. "Never miss the opportunity to enter a Hindu temple." His Magic awaits us.

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam-s,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: No, as they don't see it. A long look in a mirror is called for, but that's just some dream. Unfortunately, there is always the school of Hard Knocks, or Experience the greatest teacher. Of course we all should know, as it's not like we haven't passed this way before, or won't again. Everyone does.
    Aum Namasivaya
    Yes, I now understand. All we can do is hope, but the first step has to be taken by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    Hari Om

Namaste

Sudas Paijavana,

A few years ago, would have agreed with you. Eastern Mind has posted a number of times in more depth on this in the past. Each time he did, silently disagreed with him. Two years later, agree with him. Practice and study and life are not only illuminating, but humbling, all in good way. LOL Much more could say but not bore anyone.

Om Shanti

FFTW
    Thank you for your input regarding your experience. It shows me hope that adoptees do discard their past influences that can hinder their Hindu growth.

Thread Information