Thread: 9/11 - A day of remembrance

9/11 - A day of remembrance

Namaste,

It is a day of remembrance, a day of reflection, and a day to remember that evil forces, meaning to do us harm, lurk out there. May the nation be always vigil against them.

Pranam.

Re: 9/11 - A day of remembrance

I pray to god that this day shall always remain peaceful... (if you know what I mean)...

Long live America! Peace to the world!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

I pray that the spirit of 9/11/1893 will surpass and win out over the spirit of 9/11/2001. 120 years ago today, Swami Vivekananda gave his first address to the Parliament of the World's Religions in Chicago, calling for an end to all bigotry, fanaticism, and persecution.
    "One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life." (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

Namaste,

Still remember the cold feeling when I saw the news on the television. Even after all those years I can still remember how numb I was with the horror that people - never mind what religion or nation - could do this to their own brethren. Please God, continue to bless and soothe the pain of all those who suffered at the hands of those who committed this.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Hari Om

Namaste to all

What a day it was. So, so, so, much suffering, always. It, as did USS Cole, etc., demonstrated what a determined, intelligent, well resourced, disciplined person(s) can do.

Also, along with Sunyata's signature line and what we learn in our scriptures and via practices, we are reminded of the importance of being vigilant as well, of what Jiva puts in mind, over and over again. With 9/11 in mind, as with Boston, what adherents of Wahhabism/Salifism, put in their mind, over and over again, makes BelieverJi's warning at close of above post, most apt. As solution, what YajvanJi continually shares here on HDF.

Om NamahShivaya

FFTW

I wish peace & love to all the families affected, and pray such a incident doesn't fructify again.

I do hope that our members here do not blindly believe the medias story regarding the incident though...

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by IcySupreme View Post
    I do hope that our members here do not blindly believe the medias story regarding the incident though...
    What is it that you don't want us to believe?
    And what is your 'correct' version of the 'incident'?

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

What is it that you don't want us to believe?
    And what is your 'correct' version of the 'incident'?

Pranam.
    There is no correct version. I don't claim to know what happened on the fateful day down to the tee, but it is obvious that the government lied. First they couldn't get their facts straight, they lied about the air, then various political figures muddled up the story, then it was discovered that the building exploded from the inside, various things....
    It's pretty well accepted in certain mainstream media outlets that the story that the government gave to the public was utter nonsense.
    Don't get me wrong I dislike conspiracy theories, I only like to deal with facts. We should just be careful about what we choose to believe. It was only a little while ago until the independent media movement sprang through mediums like the internet. Prior an influential figure had the power to call the main media corporations and remove a whole story from circulation.

Thread Information