Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get a chart and reading

Re: Where to get a chart and reading

Namaste fem_phoenix1109,

Just to add a thought to the super information that you have received; A parallel can be quite easily drawn between the differences in aproach to these sciences, in the functioning of our different cultures. Culture being a key word here as the growth is somewhat mathematical in nature, just like that of a biological culture.

Western tradition has chosen to focus singularly upon the surface of the lake, and its reflection*, where as Jyotish starts at the very bottom; explaining also the distortions caused by its own reflection ...

Where to get a reading, let your soul guide you to the right Jyotiṣa. The reading that you receive, may very well change your future.

Kind regards.

* If I am not mistaken the importance of svahaloka has only just been realised, by way of observation of the spiral arms of our galaxy. Yet those of western sciences more material approach, are still very much scratching their heads in deep meditation as to what this means ...

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste,

Shri Rohiniranjan is now a member of HDF. He PM'd me that he does not use Raman ayanamsha. I stand corrected on that.

(Rohiniranjan ji, were you at one time using Raman ayanamsha? Because at old time AstroExperts.com, at the Q&A sessions, I thought you had mentioned you used Raman Ayanamsha..).
    Namaskar Viraja,

Around late 60s, I used lahiri ayanamsha because I was using Lahiri Ephemeris. Those were the days when all astrologers used paper and pen to erect charts. Even calculators were not available :-)

Soon, around 1973 or so I tried Raman's ayanamsha at a friend's recommendation and began to see much better results. I used that for a long time and all along up until early 80s when computers and programming (BASIC on several platforms as I progressed) became available cutting down the calculation time per chart from a few hours to few minutes! I experimented with a host of other ayanamshas and dasas and dasa durations (savana, and others) to fine tune the parameters that affect calculation of timings and planetary positions).

I also played around with the Yukteshwar ayanamsha which uses a fixed 54 minute per year rate of precession. Actually, if one uses the more modern or mainstream value of the rate of precession, based on the seed ayanamsha reference value given in Yukteshwar Giri ji's The Holy Science, one arrives at the year of coincidence of the two zodiacs as given by Raman! Rather interesting coincidence (pardon the pun!)

That was around the time when internet transformed from pretty ordinary and somewhat nerdy interface to what modern times take for granted in terms of visual complexity and ease of operation as well as user-friendliness. At around that time, I was associated with astroexpert site, after CompuServe. Since lot of people were beginners and I did not wish to confuse them, I used to recommend them to use Raman ayanamsha, for instance in the primers I wrote for beginners.

Currently for quite some time, I have settled upon a value that is closer to Raman ayanamsha.

Sorry for the long autobiographical prattle but wished to elaborate a bit on this matter.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by fem_phoenix1109 View Post
    Namaste,

I used to do western chart readings, so if the layout is the same, it would just be a matter of reinterpreting it, correct? Mine should be an easy one, because all of my planets are in 3 consecutive signs. In Western astrology they are in Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. I know in Eastern astrology everything is pretty much moved one sign over...

Pranam.
    Namaste,

I was recently made aware that a western (by birth and residence) astrologer had been using the sayana zodiac with jyotish principles and framework. Google might help!

My humble caveat would be to mix the two systems ONLY if one is an expert in BOTH approaches; even for experimentation to avoid confusion and the experimenters must be wary of the ever-present devil of *numbers*. Many techniques, seem to work in the first few cases but as the sample size increases, the devil -- metaphorically -- shows up! <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Thumbs Up Re: Where to get a chart and reading

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Namaste fem ,

There are vast number of hindu jyotish sites. Many of them are paid. Just google it, Because top searches are always reliable.

If anyone wants kundali chart with it's predictions without paying anything, best site for you is www.omganesh.com. It has also paid version which offers complete chart reading in 2,100 rupees.

I have tried it's free version & Almost all predictions were true.

Jai shri hari.
    Thank you very much for the website.
    "The leprosy of unreality disfigured every human creature in attendance."
    - Charles Dickens

"Every blade of grass, every insect, ant, and golden bee, all so marvelously know their path, though they have not intelligence, they bear witness to the mystery of God and continually accomplish it themselves."
    - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Thread Information