Thread: Namaste

Namaste

Hi, my name is jeff. I'm new to Hinduism. I'm a Quaker who has been interested in Hindu spirituality for years and have recently decided to become a Hindu Quaker (yes there really is such a thing, they account for nearly 5% of the Quaker population).
    I have been an avid student of the Bhagavad Gita for a couple of years. I have 2 translations, the Bhaktivedanta translation and the International Gita Society translation.
    I'm looking forward to learning more about my new religion and course in life

Re: Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
    Hi, my name is jeff. I'm new to Hinduism. I'm a Quaker who has been interested in Hindu spirituality for years and have recently decided to become a Hindu Quaker (yes there really is such a thing, they account for nearly 5% of the Quaker population).
    I have been an avid student of the Bhagavad Gita for a couple of years. I have 2 translations, the Bhaktivedanta translation and the International Gita Society translation.
    Namaste wheatpenny, welcome.

welcome sir. hope you will enjoy here and learn very much from members about hindu religion.

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

Pranam.

Namaste. Welcome aboard

Enjoy the stay and learning and sharing.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Quote Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
    Vannakkam: I think I missed welcoming you. On the curious note side, we Canadians have abandoned the penny, and now round to the nearest nickel.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste!

From one Jeff to another, welcome to HDF! I hope you find it a helpful resource in your spiritual journey and make some good friends as well.
    "One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life." (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Eastern mind, yeah, the US seriously needs to do that.
    (and for the benefit of the non-Americans her who may not know what a wheat penny is, it's the coin in my avatar, made from 1909-1958)
    Jeff (a.k.a. Govinda Das)

Hindu Quaker.
    Though I am eternal, immutable, and the Lord of all beings, yet I manifest Myself by controlling material Nature, using My own divine potential energy, the Divine Light
    (Bhagavad Gita 4:6

Yes indeed, Quakers are very famous in America for the concept of preservation, to preverve and conserve the past, and it does not surprise me at all that there are Hindu Quakers.

Welcome!

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste

I am happy to see that there are so many of us and here I would love to say to you all the best for you on your further journey with this forum.

Om Namah Shivaya!

Thread Information