Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Secularism' in India - Muzaffarnagar riots

'Secularism' in India - Muzaffarnagar riots

The pseudo-secular establishment continues to oppress and discriminate against Hindus.

A Muslim youth rapes a Hindu girl. No actionis taken.
    In an altercation, two Muslim youths and one Hindu youth are killed. No action is taken on the killers of the Hindus (Gaurav and Sachin), but cases are registered against the killers of the muslim (Shahnawaz).

The Hindu Jat community holds a gathering to discuss the protection of Hindu women. Cases are registered against Hindu leafers who speak at this gathering.

Muslims attack and massacre Hindus returning from the gathering, causing large scale Hindu-Muslim riots.

No cases are registered against Muslim leaders of the 'secular' parties who provoked the Muslims to attack Hindus. The 'secular' media as usual glosses over that fact that Muslims attacked the Hindus first.
    The Prime Minister and other 'secular leaders' visit only Muslim victims of the riots.
    Despite the fact that a majority of the victims were Hindus, owing to the ambush on those returning from the Mahapanchayat, 'secular' media interviews mostly Muslim riot victims.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Re: 'Secularism' in India - Muzaffarnagar riots

Sowing the seeds for a revolution....
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Sowing the seeds for a revolution....
    Wishful thinking, but where will the revolution come from? There will certainly be a Hindu backlash, and the BJP will gain seats in Uttar Pradesh in the next elections. But while the BJP does not actively discriminate against Hindus as other parties do, it's pro-Hindu rhetoric does not usually translate into action.

Today, mosques have been built over the ruins of demolished Hindu temples at the birthplaces of Lord Rama and Lord Krishna, and at Kashi Vishvanath.

The BJP rode to power on the promise of remedying this situation but did nothing about it when they came to power.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Pranam-s,

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    Wishful thinking, but where will the revolution come from?
    Not any time soon, I can assure you, Omkara-ji. Not anytime soon. Only an outside variable can affect India as a whole. It usually never starts from within. Just take a look at Indian history from 300BCE all the way till 700AD. Yet, even a unifying mobilization should be doubted for Indian unity is a fragile concept - just take a look at the Rajput wars along with the wars between the Satvahanas and the Kshatrapas and the Ujjainic conflicts as well as the Pala conflicts of late Classical and early Medieval India as focal points.

There will certainly be a Hindu backlash, and the BJP will gain seats in Uttar Pradesh in the next elections. But while the BJP does not actively discriminate against Hindus as other parties do, it's pro-Hindu rhetoric does not usually translate into action.
    If there is a backlash, it would befit the backlash to be organized, well developed, and thought out. Emotionally charged backlashes have been known to disintegrate as quickly as they were cultivated: just take a look at the Hindu conflicts of the Hindu-Afghan wars, the Hindu Shahis, and the history of Muslim Bengal as focal points.

The BJP rode to power on the promise of remedying this situation but did nothing about it when they came to power.
    Yes, it is quite unfortunate that many Hindu temples were forcefully converted or outright destroyed due to Muslim iconoclasm. I would recommend reading one of Shri Sita-Ram Goel's books which deals with this subject through highly researched means. Please PM me if you would like the name of the book; I believe it is a banned book in India.

Anyways, to reiterate your concern about no remedying being conducted as so far, it all goes back to money. Politics in India is usually correlated with how big one's bank account is; thus, I wouldn't expect any Indian politician to provide a remedying situation just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post

If there is a backlash, it would befit the backlash to be organized, well developed, and thought out. Emotionally charged backlashes have been known to disintegrate as quickly as they were cultivated: just take a look at the Hindu conflicts of the Hindu-Afghan wars, the Hindu Shahis, and the history of Muslim Bengal as focal points.
    Agreed. What usually happens is that Hindus respond to Muslim aggression and violence with a tit-for-tat response and then return to inaction. A communal riot dies not benefit everybody.

Hindu leaders should get together and work put an organized strategy to reconvert Indian Muslims back to Hinduism and to wean them away from violence.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post

Yes, it is quite unfortunate that many Hindu temples were forcefully converted or outright destroyed due to Muslim iconoclasm.
    Some of the mosques built in the spots of ruined temples have the murtis of the old temple buried under the gates of the mosque, and Muslims trample over them everyday on the way into the mosque.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Namaste

Just the mention of the Vishvanath Temple and the mosque that now stands on the original site raises my ire.

But I believe that the return of that site to Hindu hands is assured. And I believe it will be sooner than expected.

There are times of tribulation coming, but the victory is already ours.

Om Namah Sivaya

Pranam-s,

Hindu leaders should get together and work put an organized strategy to reconvert Indian Muslims back to Hinduism and to wean them away from violence.
    I highly sympathize with the idea of weaning them away from violence, but I doubt the practicality of reconverting Indian Muslims back to Hinduism - and I do so for the following reasons:

1. Not all Indian Muslims live in poverty. It is usually the very poor Muslims that one can have a better opportunity of converting to Hinduism - a reconversion may look enticing for the very poor Indian Muslims and can give them a caste affiliation to abide by. But, many fear to convert do to being associated with a low caste affiliation as a result of that conversion - and a low caste can hinder societal progress upwards even though the caste system is legally abolished. But, let's say they convert...what's to stop them from re-reconverting back to their former Islamic sect?

2. The middle and upper class Indian Muslims do not want to convert. They are already well set societally and economically. Furthermore, the middle and upper class Indian Muslims are usually either non-religious or attribute their success religiously - meaning, they thank their Islamic way for providing them their success.

3. The Salman Rushdie Scenario. Fatwas are not fun to duck under.

Some of the mosques built in the spots of ruined temples have the murtis of the old temple buried under the gates of the mosque, and Muslims trample over them everyday on the way into the mosque.
    Yes, I know. Don't forget that the Linga from Somnath was taken to Afghanistan by the iconoclastic Ghazni - and, that is a very sensitive issue for Hindu Gujaratis like myself. Furthermore, the archaeological excavations support the fact that many Muslim mosques that now stand were created upon Hindu Mandirs and Hindu Holy Places/Pilgrimage Sites such as Ayodhya and even Buddhist places of high interest - such as Nalanda.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    But I believe that the return of that site to Hindu hands is assured. And I believe it will be sooner than expected.

That is the wishful thinking Omkara and I are discussing about. While the thought is highly enticing, it is one of a low probability unless there is a strong Y-Variable to motivate a well-thought-out response by Hindu communities that is not based from solely emotional backlashes - especially not when the current government is directly and indirectly anti-Hindu.

All that we, as Hindus, can concentrate on for now, IMHO, are our hopes for having Shri Modi be granted the office of PM through a democratically orientated election in 2014. And, as the national surveys show, Modi is the most favored candidate - so, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post

Om Namah Sivaya
    I wish I could share your confidence.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Every time I think about the situation in India, it calls to mind the predictions about Kali Yuga found in the Puranas. The Puranas mention that the leaders in Kali Yuga would be nothing more than plunderers.

How true that is.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Thread Information