Namaste,

Quite often here on HDF and elsewhere on net, the authenticity of works attributed to a saint, in most cases Adi Shankara are questioned. The reason for questioning comes as Adi Shankara had short life span and there are more than 400 works attributed to him, which are done by later acharya-s or maybe by someone else.

I think it is reasonable to discuss or educate members and guests, who are not knowledgeable (that includes me ), to know a proper method to determine authenticity of any works or shastra-s.

As far as analysis is concerned, I think opinion of an acharya or an esteemed member of that particular sampradaya should be counted.

e.g. individuals who are bestoved titles like Mahopadhyaya, 108, 1008, Mahamandeleshwar and Shankaracharya.

These people have earned their respect and proved their authority on shastra-s.

I request knowledgeable members to please shed some light on this issue and I hope that it remains a healthy discussion.

I also request those who make claim that according to 'some scholars' should give names of scholars and the sampradaya they are attached to along with their honorific title.

I may not reply, as I prefer to learn.

Pranams