Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satay please explain

Satay please explain

What is this referral count sticking in my profile?
    Also how did I manage to increase my reputation?

Don't get me wrong, I love 'em.
    I want to increase them both. (ssh:My secret target is to catch up Sarabhaga.). So want to know if the system automatically does it, or it's in your hands? Do you accept bribe?

singhi, if someone thinks your post was informative, they can click on the balance icon and give u reputation. you cannot do it by yourself unless you create another id to give yourself reputation (in which case satay will ban you ). But we can make a deal .

Referral count is someone putting your name as the person who referred this site to you.

catching up sarabhanga in reputation is going to be hard task. i wish you luck on that.

Deal

Deal is sealed then.
    I will PM you on how we can go about it. Such things must be carried in absolute secrecy. We musn't let Satay get a smell of this. Together we can even take on Sarabhanga.

Bribes

I accept bribes...A good cup of tea is all I want...

satay

Double Ids

Double Ids are allowed here but of course, most users of the forum will 'know' that you are using double ids since we are all creatures of habbit.

Unless you have a split personality like mine.
    satay

Reputation points are given if a user clicks on the 'add to reputation' or 'justice' scale on a user's post.

The interesting point, however, is the 'reputation power'. Reputation power is calculated by the program by some sort of equation of number of posts, current reputation and some combination of this. The thing is that your reputation power is only good for others! e.g. I think my reputation power has gone up to 2 meaning that if I 'rep' a post instead of giving 5 points to the user it will give 10! So the trick is get rep points from those who have high reputation power. The more reps someone has the more rep power they have. So it makes sense to impress someone like sarabhanga so that he can rep one of your posts and see how many points you will get!

sarabhanga however doesn't accept bribes like me and is a true dharma adherent. (rep this post please)

By the way, kaya I gave you reps this is why you see 20 in your count. All users start with 10 and if others like your posts they will rep you. You can see who repped you by clicking on the 'user cp' button link on the nav bar.

satay
    ps: but of course, admins control rep points and power behind the scenes and can overwrite any numbers that the system calculates!

What's Hot

A lot of new users have asked 'what are the hot threads here'...

If I may make a suggestion, you can use the 'New Posts' button on the nav bar that shows all the new posts since your last visit to the site. I find this very handy and also you can use the '24 hour', '48 hours' etc. links on the main page to see posts from last couple of days and/or a week.

You can also search for posts by using the 'search' button on the nav bar.

satay

I think 24 hour thing shows only the topics that have new posts much like your statistics. if there are many posts in it, it is not shown.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    By the way, kaya I gave you reps this is why you see 20 in your count.

I've added you to my buddy list for the above gesture of goodwill.

Now that I have revealed my true identity, you must be wondering how much better that act of good karma is.

Buddy List ...

yes what's it for btw? I can understand a real use of Ignore list. I can ignore their post. What does a buddy list do? highlight the buddy post in bold? If it doesn nothing, is iit a virtual tool to build a team in this virtual world here? hmmm .... that does make some sense at least

I will soon find out when satay posts.

Thread Information