Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satay please explain

Quote Originally Posted by Singhi Kaya
    yes what's it for btw? I can understand a real use of Ignore list. I can ignore their post. What does a buddy list do? highlight the buddy post in bold? If it doesn nothing, is iit a virtual tool to build a team in this virtual world here? hmmm .... that does make some sense at least

I will soon find out when satay posts.
    Adding someone to your buddy list shows 'your buddy' with a star (or some other icon) in the users list when browsing a forum. This is very handy if there are let's say 40 people browsing one forum or thread and you can identify right away that your buddies are online on that thread. other than that...I don't think it does anything else except telling other members that you have some buddies!
    satay

Admin Note:

The purpose of reputation points is to rate a user's post or posts to determine whether or not you personally approve or disapprove of that post. Over time, this gives the user in question a feel for how other community members feel he or she is contributing positively to the forums. A user with a high number will indicate that other users in general approve of his/her contributions to the website. A low reputation (or negative number) will indicate that overall, other users are unhappy with his/her contributions to the forum.

These reputations should be applied to the particular posts that you would like to rate. It is unfair to all users to use deceptive tactics to manipulate other users' ratings or your own just to have a higher score or be at the top of the chain. These should be done with the purpose of providing honest opinions, not to compete over numbers. I am concerned over a couple of posts on here indicating a "conspiracy" to raise or lower these points just to get ahead. If this is simply a joke, I don't mind. If there really is something suspicious going on, however, I can find out about it easily and also find out who is doing it and will take action.

Do you have any questions or comments about the use of the forums? If so, please send a private message to Bhakti Yoga Seeker or contact any of the other administrators on this website. Namaskaar. ~BYS~

Please change your title to "Forum Protector" from "Dharma Protector" - we at least deserve a warning of the danger. This is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Singhi Kaya
    Please change your title to "Forum Protector" from "Dharma Protector" - we at least deserve a warning of the danger. This is not fair.
    Please don't make sarcastic remarks at the other mods. This is a warning.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    This is a warning.
    I thought it comes via PM

I demand another referral point. Mr lapis.simon has joined the forum. I recognize the name from E-Sangha (where I shamelessly advertized for this site).

singhi, your mind is occupied with greed, pride and all others. so no referral point for u. on the other hand write rig veda 20 times as an imposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Namo Narayana
    singhi, your mind is occupied with greed, pride and all others. so no referral point for u.
    you are jealous at the possibilty of me bagging another point

referral points come from the people that sign up. While signing up members have a choice of putting someone's name or handle there. Maybe talk to the member about that.
    satay

Thread Information