Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Appreciation for Lord Ganesha

Re: My Appreciation for Lord Ganesha

Well my position is somewhere similar to yours. But i dont have the capability to express my gratitude to that supreme Ganesha who removed my ignorance and lead me to the right path. From childhood i was always inclined towards spirituality. I just wasnt convinced with my mothers ritual worship of going to a temple and worshipping the idols with no factual understanding of the same.I wanted to do much more with god. It was just i couldnt express nor did i find the means to do so..

I then accidentally saw this youtube video about "kleem" mantra. As a final resort i chanted 10000 times kleem and immediately all my relations with my girlfriend began to better. Even random girls started to hit on me,
    I then thought there should be something paranormal even if there isnt krishna. I then found out that kleem was the beeja mantra for krishna,,,
    For over a month of doing kleeem i finally saw another youtube video on "om gam ganapataye"
    I recited it and within three days my travel documents which were lost 5 months prior to that were posted to my house!i saved 1000dollars due to this. not only that everything started to become smoother in my work life and spirituality,.
    and then i furthur read more and more about lord ganesha. I read the "ajam nirvikalpam"I mused i thought krishna was parabrahma!!why is this hymn calling ganesha as para brahma!!I furthur realized that without intelligence devotion carries no meaning. And gam ganapataye namaha is the mantra for wisdom,,the supreme wisdom that takes you straight to god. I then met my guru too. My guru told me spirituality and materialism go hand in hand. If you experience real spirituality you will get material success too. if you dont then you are not practicing the right spirituality,,my career improved,, my consciousness changed. I dont resent people,i dont get angry, i am happy most of the time,,things are changing for me. And if i ever meet any dumb iskconite who tells me this is "materialistic" i even have the guts to break his bones without feeling guilty.
    Ganesha is the supreme lord of all,the supreme reality who destroys all obstacles. Obstacles to spirituality and materialism, He also bestows upon us the supreme wisdom which takes us to the path beyond the maya of forms and names,God is one,.And without wisdom worshipping god is as good as pouring water in an empty flowerpot.
    Three days after worshipping ganesha datura flowers started to grow in my house. Things for my spirituality started falling in place. i can now chant om gam ganapatayyai namaha without worrying about other things coz ganesha takes care of everything.
    Sarvam shree ganeshaarpanamastu
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 18 May 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Re: My Appreciation for Lord Ganesha

Namaskar,

My first encounter with Sri Ganapati was on the cover of a library book, which fell on my head from two shelves up.

I learned more about who he was and what he represented years later. Though I always loved the thought of Him, I didn't know enough to worship him.

Years further on, just before a turning point in this life, a close family member noticed me looking at a Ganesha Murti from across a store and bought Him for me as a gift. I still didn't worship Him, but He had a special place in my living space and watched over me every day. Over time I found myself offering Him incense every now and then, or putting pretty and/or valued things near Him almost in offering, kind of.

When we had a chance to go to India it just so happened the timing coincided with Ganesha Charturthi. When we had trouble getting visas and were in a time crunch we sang chants to Him constantly, and we had no further problems. Now my sadhana begins and ends at His Lotus Feet, and I reach for his assistance often. He is nothing if not patient.

He has been a constant force in my life, whether I invoked and prayed to Him or not. I suspect it's the same for all, though he may take a different face and name for some.

ऊँ गं गणपतये नमः

Pranam-s
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information