Namaste

Indologists said they no longer existed. Amazing, yet only a community of a few thousand families, they do exist. They are Vedic Saivas who are called Srouta Saiva, and the Brahmins in the lineage have clearly preserved Vedic tradition from one generation to the next since the time of Rig Veda. These Brahmins are called Aradhya Brahmins, and they adhere to Varna system that has a lineage folllowed from one generation to the next and allows others, by protecting them, to also protect the heritage which these true Brahmins have preserved into the "modern times".

Now these are Brahmins I would be honored to wash their feet, no matter my opinion of caste. Because truly, they are amazing!

In this recent edition of Hinduism Today (Oct/Nov/Dec 2013) the world is amazed to find that indeed, they do exist, full of vibrant culture, community and love based on Vedic Dharma.

In India, you will find them, they never left nor will they ever leave. The world is now looking at them, these wonderful Brahmins and these Vedic Saivas.

Stemming from Pashupati of ancient renown, from the Rig Ved, and they are also protectors of ancient Lingadharana tradition, that of wearing a tiny Lingam in a locket around the neck at all times once initiated to this vow.
A Temple of theirs in Hyderbad is called Kashi Vishveshwara. This immediately struck my attention, obviously the Temple is named after the Vishvanatha Temple in Kashi, Varanasi and where is the Jnanavapi Well, of which I have had the honor to visit, Kashi the City Never Foresaken by Lord Shiva!

To me yet another obvious clue to their ancient lineage back to the hoary past and a thousand upon thousand generations.

They perform the traditional Vedic Fire Ceremony. And there in the Temple is a tall golden colored flag pole, to me yet another stunning clue from the hoary past, and girls light lamps which they decorate the base of this flag pole. I am reminded of the Flagpole of Indra!

In another of their Temples of Three, we find the Hanuman Murti. "Hanuman is the spark of Shiva" as says one of the Vedic Saivas in the article.

The Brahmins give Siva Mantra Diksha and Sivalingam to all, Om Namah Sivaya, they initiate those who are called untouchable, it is given and the Lingadharana Diksha. If someone comes later to Saivism, such as a Westerner, then sixteen samskaras are done along with an ancient purification rite. Yes, even upanayanam is given to the qualified once it is shown. But for Lingam wearing, you must prove yourself through regular Shiva worship. Married women are also given initiation. Arranged marriage is the approved method.

You can read further details in Hinduism Today! I bow to these great Vedic Brahmins, one day I hope to meet one!

Om Namah Sivaya