Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HDF - Maintenance

Re: HDF - Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,

Yes, indeed the OM icon. I had forgotten about that and I will fix that later today.

Thanks for the catch.
    I noticed that the n with a tilde (i.e. "ñ") appears as � when in Century-Gothic font. As far as I could tell, it was not like this a couple days ago. Is this intentional? It doesn't really matter (and it's a largely superficial complaint anyway), it's just that it's a bit of a pain to change fonts for a single character when writing in IAST.

Edit: Perhaps it has to do with how you edit? When I click on "go advanced" it seems to work. Weird...
    Last edited by Jaskaran Singh; 09 October 2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: reason in post
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Namaste,

I noticed that now, unread posts stay unread until I actually read them, even after the forum itself updates. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This makes a huge difference in the experience for me, and I really appreciate it.

Thank you for all that you do here. It truly is a gift.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Question Re: HDF - Maintenance

Namaste, Admin.
    Thanks for giving such wonderful forum to discuss Hindu dharma.

As you are backing up database, are you upgrading Hdf to higher bulletin version ?

Thank you

Namaste hk,
    Yes, definitely. That is the plan.

In fact, this maintenance outage was actually a lot more than just backing up the database. It was to lay down the ground work for an upgrade. I have also moved the forum to another hosting provider where I have almost full control over the server that is runs on.

Not sure if anyone has noticed any difference in speed of page loads.

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Namaste, Admin.
    Thanks for giving such wonderful forum to discuss Hindu dharma.

As you are backing up database, are you upgrading Hdf to higher bulletin version ?

Thank you
    satay

I noticed that now, unread posts stay unread until I actually read them, even after the forum itself updates. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This makes a huge difference in the experience for me, and I really appreciate it

+1

User experience has improved tremendously especially the "New Posts" search results.
    Anirudh...

Not sure if anyone has noticed any difference in speed of page loads.
    Highest Pranam-s, Satay-ji:

The pages load extremely faster than ever before. Also, the New Posts and Today's Posts will not take me to an inaccessible link if I click on them too much - like how, before, after a few clicks, I would not be able to access those pages unless I waited for a few hours. Thank you for the upgrades. Much obliged.

Namaste Sudas,
    Just to clarify, HDF has not been upgraded yet. Only we moved to a new infrastructure. The next steps are to upgrade the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Highest Pranam-s, Satay-ji:

The pages load extremely faster than ever before. Also, the New Posts and Today's Posts will not take me to an inaccessible link if I click on them too much - like how, before, after a few clicks, I would not be able to access those pages unless I waited for a few hours. Thank you for the upgrades. Much obliged.
    satay

Namaste Sudas,
    Just to clarify, HDF has not been upgraded yet. Only we moved to a new infrastructure. The next steps are to upgrade the software.
    Pranam-s, Satay-ji:

Sure. No problem. Take your time. I am not tech savvy at all; so when I was clicking through pages in a mere matter of half-seconds, I seriously thought it was upgraded, haha. But, I now understand that it is the new infrastructure that has made traveling through these forums much faster. Cool!!

Namaste satay

some strange characters "�" appear in some old posts

see this: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...170#post103170

why? Can it be corrected?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste satay

some strange characters "�" appear in some old posts

see this: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...170#post103170

why? Can it be corrected?

regards
    Namaste, Brahma-Jijnasa:

Can you please permit me to help you, if I may? Jijnasa, it seems that certain fonts that have dialectical markings/accent markings were not "transferred" over, so that emblem of a question mark will happen.

For example, my signature has tons of dialectical/accent markings - and, when Satay-ji put in a new infrastructure, some of the dialectal/accent markings were lost in my signature. So, what I did was, I went and edited my signature once again.

Can you, perhaps by any chance, edit your post in that link? Is there a button for "edit" next to "quote" when you click on it? If there is, you surely can edit those question emblems ("�"), as far as I know, because I edited them in my signature...I hope this was helpful.

Thread Information