Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worshipping Radha - yes or no?

Re: Worshipping Radha - yes or no?

Namaste,

I found an article on Shiva Samhita, which describes different kalAs w.r.t. nAdI-s and chakra-s

The text does not define all 16 kalA-s

http://archive.org/stream/SivaSamhit...mhita_djvu.txt

148. In the sinus of the forehead there is the nectar-containing moon, having sixteen digits (kalas, i.e, full). Let him contemplate on this stainless one. By constant practice, he sees it in three days. By merely seeing it, the practitioner burns all his sins.
    I hope this is helpful and members do not mind quoting Shiva Samhita in Vaishnava sub-forum.

Jai Shri Krishna
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste Amrut ji,

I was occupied with celebrations hence couldn't reply to you. Thanks for sharing the information.

In general, a human can master or achieve 5 siddhis, some may achieve 8 or 9 siddhis, but not any further. Only humans with deva-anSa or some avatars can master more than 9 kalA-s.
    Anything new I read about my friend Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu takes me towards prosperity. I need to do an introspection and figure out my current state in comparison to what a human can achieve.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Amrut ji,

Anything new I read about my friend Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu takes me towards prosperity. I need to do an introspection and figure out my current state in comparison to what a human can achieve.
    Namaste Anirudh ji,

In spiritual progress, the success depends upon faith, devotion and surrender. More the faith, devotion and surrender, more is the success.

There is nothing that Rama or Krishna cannot give us, so if we do not get something that we want, then either there is something wrong in our devotion or that our demands are purposefully not fulfilled as they may clash with our primary motive to be at the lotus feet of Lord. If attaining lotus feet of Lord is the goal, then our worldly desires and expectations may not be fulfilled.

Jai Shri Rama
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste IS Amrut ji

There is nothing that Rama or Krishna cannot give us, so if we do not get something that we want, then either there is something wrong in our devotion or that our demands are purposefully not fulfilled as they may clash with our primary motive to be at the lotus feet of Lord.
    Thanks for sharing your views. It is true that there is nothing Shreeman Naaraayan can't give. I have left to his discretion to decide my destiny. But I don't stop myself from trying to achieve what I believe as good for me.
    Anirudh...

Namaskar,
    I don't know much on this topic but I would certainly share my views.First of all,as much as I know Radha was the incarnation of Shri Maha Lakshmi in the Dwapara Yuga.So worshipping her is like Worshipping Maha Lakshmi.Moreover,Shri Krishna himself gave a boon to Radha that her name will always come before him and that's why we all chant "Radhey Krishna".Also as I know,without Radha Rani's Kripa one can't reach Shri Krishna.As it is said in one song-

"Radha Shakti Bina Na Koi,
    Shyamal Darshan Paave,
    Shyamal Darshan Paave."

It means without Radha's power no one can get the glimpse of Shri Krishna.So I think worshipping Maa Radhey Rani is similar to devoting oneself to Shri Krishna.

Dhanyavad

Thread Information