Namaste

At a local temple (all Hindu, no matter what sect ) in San Jose, in Fremont also, there is a Shani Dev murti, this is also true in a Saiva temple not far away. Lord Shani Dev is not worshipped as a supreme, or primary Deva but as a popular divinity almost like an "angel" (?).

For some reason or attraction I enjoy visiting for darshan of Shani Dev at Navagraha shrines, I have even had a couple of very pleasant dreams of Shani Dev visiting in a form of all black with four arms and glowing a sapphire light. No, I am not saying I had a vision of Shani Dev, just a pleasant dream probably influenced by nice visits to temples.

It seems Shani Dev has some popularity in this area, and I am wondering if other Hindus visit for darshan including in India. Oddly, I don't recall Shani Dev being as popular in parts of India I am familiar with, though I know He has temples. Is Shani Dev popular in your area, in India, and why is He perhaps popular among Hindus from India who travel to live in the USA?

Shani Dev does not seem to be linked to either Saiva or Vaishnav sects. He is the Brother of Surya. He does seem to give very good omens and "luck". What do you think?

Om Namah Sivaya