Post What’s in your mind today?

Dear Members,

The thread 'What’s in your mind today?' is not meant for any
    kind of debates or igniting discussion as such; otherwise, it
    is only a silent arena where one can share his thoughts and
    expression in a contemplative manner.

Freedom of speech etc. is not forbidden either. So every
    reader is free to express his pov.

Kindly start sharing ‘your thoughts of the day’ and let others join.

Love.
    ॐ इदम् न मम
    be just l we happy

Re: What’s in your mind today?

My thoughts of the day!!!

The scriptures are exclusively meant for the welfare of the whole of humanity,and not for animals. Therefore, the Yogi-hood etc., mentioned in the scriptures, are the prerogatives of someone who shows the characteristics of humanity. When it is said, the same, the scriptures, promotes the well-being of mankind, it also understands that, there is a necessity to transcend the animal instincts, if at all any, of one’s personality.

The promiscuous mixing up of various types of literatures, such as the Upanishads, Puranas and the Dharma shastras, though it belongs to the same Sanadhana Dharma, can result in disastrous consequences. These literatures represent various types of beauties of the same totality; just as the Dharma shastras represent the physiological beauty of the entire universe and the Purans explicate the psychological side of it, whereas the Upanishad stands more on the structural beauty of the same universe. It is not forgotten here to remind that, these three coordinate in such a way that all parts of the human mind work together effectively to brings out the light of pure philosophy the seers had in their mind.

Hence, essentially, the plea is that man should realise his true humanity and unitive solidarity, and realise also that terms like 'Brahmin' and ‘Pariah’ are ideas superimposed on the reality that is human nature which is essentially one, and fundamentally of one single sameness.

ॐ इदम् न मम
    be just l we happy

Namaste brahman

If i am not supposed to ask question in this thread, will delete this post

When it is said, the same, the scriptures, promotes the well-being of mankind, it also understands that, there is a necessity to transcend the animal instincts, if at all any, of one’s personality.
    I find this difficult to put in practice, so I think din't understand this point clearly.

For eg anger and the anger taking various forms like revenge, deception, arrogance etc etc.

I think anger is an animal instinct.

In a day to day life we are forced to defend ourselves by opting to the different forms I mentioned above. In the rat race these are very much necessary to survive.

If you are not opting them, then you are consumed by others.

So what is the option left for the spiritual seeker here, get consumed by another animal or fight for existence by employing the same methods? Kindly explain.

The promiscuous mixing up of various types of literatures, such as the Upanishads, Puranas and the Dharma shastras, though it belongs to the same Sanadhana Dharma, can result in disastrous consequences.

the Dharma shastras represent the physiological beauty of the entire universe and the Purans explicate the psychological side of it, whereas the Upanishad stands more on the structural beauty of the same universe
    I like this part very much. Thanks for sharing your views.

I think my question is answered in the highlighted portion but I am not able to understand it.
    Anirudh...

Dear Aniruddh,

You are welcome to the thread 'what’s in your mind today?'

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    I find this difficult to put in practice, so I think din't understand this point clearly.

For eg anger and the anger taking various forms like revenge, deception, arrogance etc etc.

I think anger is an animal instinct.

In a day to day life we are forced to defend ourselves by opting to the different forms I mentioned above. In the rat race these are very much necessary to survive.

In the rat race these are very much necessary to survive.

Why should we get rid of anger if it is really necessary to survive?

==========

We see some kind of contradiction here. Because, the survival is not the real purport of spiritual education; on the other hand, it is one’s own Self-happiness; the survival is considered only a natural consequence of this journey towards the the fulfilment of one's own Self-happiness.

If one thinks that he is surviving then he is said to be caught in the wrong notion of ‘I am this body’. It is also not meant here that, we all have a strong conviction of this notion of the scriptures that we are not the body but ‘we are THAT’; instead, it is only a doctrinal conviction that is recommended here.

Doctrinal conviction, or the direct words of one’s Guru, can alone make one free of this trait. The removal of this mixing-up is also numbered as one of the pre-requisites to spiritual education. In Sanadhana Dharma, it is called śraddhā, which is vaguely translated as faith, belief, trust etc. (in the śastras, the scriptures).

==========

This is not an argument; but only an expression of a personal opinion on ‘your thoughts of the day.’

Thank you so much for joining Anirudh.

Love
    ॐ इदम् न मम
    be just l we happy

Namaste

Today I have 3 things on my mind.

One is Krishna lifting Govardhan hill.

The other is pining to put Ganga Maa Jal on my forehead.

And third, Lord Subramanya defeating the demon Soorapadman, and there is a glorious parade of a huge peacock, a flag glittering in the sky of a rooster calling, and Skanda coming with Vel in hand.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste brahman,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu (Shreeman Naaraayan in general) is my friend philosopher and guide. It is my experience as well as belief that Shree Raama creates situation in my life to educate me.

You reply had infact planted many questions in me.

Through my personal experiences learnt the meaning of unconditional surrender or Saranaagathi. The word śraddhā you mentioned here seem to be the key to the next stage of my journey.

Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu is my friend. But when I face challenges he seem to be enjoying my discomfort up to a point I can't bear that any longer. Even when he descends to help, he is not doing what my mind believes as the best thing for me.

I had been wondering why there is a disconnect and what's wrong in my devotion to him. I am not sure, but I guess he is instructing me that the quality and the level of my śraddhā is not adequate enough.

As I write this I remember two of Chinmayananda's quote.

Work without faith and prayer is like an artificial flower without fragrance.

Faith is, `To believe what you do not see', the reward of which is, `you see what you believed'.

These two quotes have stormed into me without any warning....

Thanks again for the encouragement brahman... Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu has sent you to clear my mind....

श्री राम चन्द्र प्रभु की जय
    Anirudh...

this mind is obsessed with Jnana yoga.
    "there is no me, only Nature"

Day's thoughts.

There is a myth that a certain demon came and challenged Balarāma, the brother of Śrī. Kṛṣṇa. Balarāma accepted the challenge. He went, raising his fist to smash its head. Then the demon became twice the size of Balarāma. Seeing this, Balarāma, who has psychic powers, grew double the size of the demon. The demon doubles in size again, and started lifting hills to throw at him. Then Balarāma realized he could not overpower the demon. He turned to Śrī. Kṛṣṇa. and asked for help. Kṛṣṇa smiled and said, “Brother, leave him to me. I’ll deal with him.”

The demon turned to Kṛṣṇa and found that in his hand there was no weapon. Kṛṣṇa, who is a God himself, not causing any destruction to the demon, only stood with his hands open and smiled. Then the demon became the size of an average human being. Kṛṣṇa still stood there with his bewitching smile and said, “Come on friend.” He came close and became smaller than Kṛṣṇa. Kṛṣṇa patted him. He became very small. Then Kṛṣṇa took him in his hand and stroked him. He became so tiny.

Then Balarāma came and said, “Brother, I don’t understand this. How did he become so small? How did you tame him?” He replied, Brother, don’t you know this demons name?” Rāma said: “No.” To this Kṛṣṇa said: “This demons name is krodha, anger. When you become angry, you are only feeding him. He thrives on somebody else’s anger. When you take away your anger, there is nothing to nourish him. He becomes less and less. So when I give him love, there is nothing on which he can feed himself and he becomes very small.”
    ======

Shivafan and Anirudh, Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful thoughts with all of us here. Love
    ॐ इदम् न मम
    be just l we happy

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

What is in my mind today , like most days is to be rid of the mind. A collection of thoughts, a bundle of thoughts that come-and-go during the day. This mind is looking for something, yet itself has no real basis. It is there in wake, and I have some control of it, in dream it becomes a creator, and in deep sleep it no longer exists. How then can I trust it to be real ?

Now to just ~want~ to get rid of the mind is a mere fancy. It takes some doing, but this is just said because we are human and we are use to 'doing' , which the mind enjoys. So, to get rid of this thief one must do nothing, absolutely perfectly. Then the thief leaves the building.

When one does nothing, perfectly, even while walking, talking , eating, sleeping, etc. then they are considered established in Being. Then one's dwelling (kṣaya - dwelling place) is the Self and is nirvicāra(perfectly pure) even if wallowing in the mud (mundane life).

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Brahman,

Thanks for sharing the powerful message through the Krishna Balarama story. This thread is a real good thing for all the members depending on the way they use.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information