Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why arent Sihks Hindu?

Re: why arent Sihks Hindu?

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    Sihks in my mind are the monotheist hindus.
    they seem like its should be a hindu sect like vaishnava, shivite, shakta, smarta, & Sihk.

the japaji is a wonderful prayer for any hindu is recited each morning by sihks

"There is One God
    He is the supreme truth.
    He, The Creator,
    Is without fear and without hate,
    He, The Omnipresent,
    Pervades the universe.
    He is not born,
    Nor does He die to be born again,
    By His grace shalt thou worship Him.
    Before time itself
    There was truth,
    When time began to run its course
    He was the truth.
    Even now, He is the truth
    And Evermore shall truth prevail. "

so why werent Sihks embraced as a part of sanatana dharma.
    from study i gather that guru Nanak was essentially teaching Advaita-Bhakti.

They are hindus but Sikhs EGO is stopping them from seeing it, until and unless, every Sikh learn to read Guru Granth Sahib, then they would see that Sikh are NOT different than Hindus because GGS has references to Hinduism, Vedas, Stories.

In most of the contemporary literature, Sikhism is treated as a separate religion.

Sikhism explicitly calls for a strict no-no to idol worship. And Hindus do follow idol worship.

Sikhism also talks about "akal murat" in the mool-mantra(the root verse of sikhism) which means that God is formless.
    Hindus on the other hand worship the Shiva, Krishna and other deities.

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    Sihks in my mind are the monotheist hindus.
    they seem like its should be a hindu sect like vaishnava, shivite, shakta, smarta, & Sihk.

the japaji is a wonderful prayer for any hindu is recited each morning by sihks

"There is One God
    He is the supreme truth.
    He, The Creator,
    Is without fear and without hate,
    He, The Omnipresent,
    Pervades the universe.
    He is not born,
    Nor does He die to be born again,
    By His grace shalt thou worship Him.
    Before time itself
    There was truth,
    When time began to run its course
    He was the truth.
    Even now, He is the truth
    And Evermore shall truth prevail. "

so why werent Sihks embraced as a part of sanatana dharma.
    from study i gather that guru Nanak was essentially teaching Advaita-Bhakti.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by manish View Post
    Sikhism explicitly calls for a strict no-no to idol worship. And Hindus do follow idol worship.

Sikhism also talks about "akal murat" in the mool-mantra(the root verse of sikhism) which means that God is formless.
    Hindus on the other hand worship the Shiva, Krishna and other deities.
    There have been endless discussions about all that you say. Sikhs consider a book, mere paper with some printing on it to be 'God', put it on a special small platform, put the whole thing on their head and walk around with another person fanning the book. What is all that, if not another form of idol worship? Everybody tries to denigrate Hinduism by linking it to idol worship without realizing that every religion has some symbolism. Then they say that everyone is equal, but by adding the word Kaur, every sikh woman is elevated to be a princess/queen. This means that all non-sikh women are "dasis". Is that treating all humans as equals? In Sikhism, there are so many different sects depending on where the people converted from. There are different sikh communities from different types of "dalits" and professions. All this superiority talk is hogwash.

http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthr...as-Demystified

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 22 August 2016 at 09:02 AM.

Namaskār, Sat Sri Akāl,

Well, a big gap has been created between Hindus and Sikhs by the politics of hate in the last century. This politics has created some Hindus

who see Guru as just some printed papers and some Sikhs who see Avatars as just some stone idols.

Now to answer the question Are Sikhs Hindu ? For me if there is mutual respect for each other then there is no difference between the term Sikh and Hindu. A Sikh is a Keshdhari Hindu when he respects the Rama Avatar, Krishna Avatar or Durga Devi and Hindu is a Sahajdhari Sikh when he respects Sikh Gurus.

However, if the question is coming from political hatred, then you have already created a wall my answer would be NO, as I cannot lose my identity to fit in someone else's frame. I cannot reject my Guru as my consciousness is not allowing me to do so.

Thread Information