Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Narendra Modi- What He Represents

Re: Narendra Modi- What He Represents

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    I think culturally and etymologically, these are loaned words. Also they don't represent Sanaatana Dharma or Bhaarath. Earlier we shrug them, better it will be for the growth of Sanaatana Dharma and Bhaarath.
    Namaste Anirudh,

This is far from true. "Hindu" comes from "Indu" which stands for Soma PavmAna (Soma juice).

RV 8.48.3 (Devata: Soma, Rsi: Kanva)
    अपा॑म । सोम॑म् । अ॒मृताः॑ । अ॒भू॒म॒ । अग॑न्म । ज्योतिः॑ । अवि॑दाम । दे॒वान् । किम् । नू॒नम् । अ॒स्मान् । कृ॒ण॒व॒त् । अरा॑ति । किम् । ऊँ॒ इति॑ । धू॒र्तिः । अ॒मृ॒त॒ । मर्त्य॑स्य ॥
    apāma | somam | amṛtāḥ | abhūma | aganma | jyotiḥ | avidāma | devān | kim | nūnam | asmān | kṛṇavat | arāti | kim | oṃ iti | dhūrtiḥ | amṛta | martyasya

meaning: Gods exclaimed : "we have drunk Soma (Indu), we have become Immortal, of Light. Now what tricks mortal enemies can play on us (the Immortals)?"
    This rica from the Veda is very definitive of our ideals. So, whether you use Hindu or Indu, Hindustan or India, doesnt matter.

Actually I hate to call it Sanatana Dharma, which is out of ignorance. Hindu/ Indu is good enough for me, and I see no reason why it shoudnt be good enough for everyone else who knows the importance of the word.

pranam.

P.S.: let us not let our mortal enemies play tricks on us by making us ashamed of the word "Hindu" (Indu) itself. that too out of ignorance!
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Kejriwal will contest against Modi from Varanasi. So the final battle for India's soul will be fought along the banks of the Ganga, in India's oldest and holiest city, the throbbing heart of Hindu culture.

In Benares, the Ganga is the calmest. She hides her fury in stillness, like the mother who masks her pain as the child sucks milk from her breast.
    But the time for quiet forebearance is at an end. The last battle is coming.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Namaste Kalicharan Tuvij,

"Hindu" comes from "Indu" which stands for Soma PavmAna (Soma juice).
    Indu means moon/camphor. Soma also means moon/camphor. That's the only connection I can find. I am beginner in Sanskrit.

Can you give some references to say Soma (the immortality beverage) is Indu? Even if Soma is Indu, then it is apt to refer the religion as Indu than Hindu. I couldn't find word Hindu in Sanskrit.

I don't want to derail this thread as the original intent is discuss the socio political changes due to Narendra Modi

You can either send me a PM or open a separate thread in Nagari forum so that knowledgeable members like Yajvan, Sudas et all can give their views.

Actually I hate to call it Sanatana Dharma, which is out of ignorance.
    We differ, we can discuss but not in this thread.

Thanks...
    Anirudh...

Namaste Omkara,

Kejriwal will contest against Modi from Varanasi. So the final battle for India's soul will be fought along the banks of the Ganga, in India's oldest and holiest city, the throbbing heart of Hindu culture.

In Benares, the Ganga is the calmest. She hides her fury in stillness, like the mother who masks her pain as the child sucks milk from her breast.
    But the time for quiet forebearance is at an end. The last battle is coming.
    A K should lose is deposit in the event of fighting against Modi. Ironically A K represent all the ills of pseudo secularism (minority appeasement, naxalism, anarchism, deceit, last but not the least servitude). BJP under Modi has the golden chance to expose A K in front of the billion voters...

That would be the fitting reply to his anarchism, Himalayan ego and what not.

This situation reminds me Chandra Gupta Maurya serial. Italian mafia was successful in stopping the serial but couldn't kill the hopes it generated.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Omkara,

A K should lose is deposit in the event of fighting against Modi. Ironically A K represent all the ills of pseudo secularism (minority appeasement, naxalism, anarchism, deceit, last but not the least servitude). BJP under Modi has the golden chance to expose A K in front of the billion voters...

That would be the fitting reply to his anarchism, Himalayan ego and what not.

This situation reminds me Chandra Gupta Maurya serial. Italian mafia was successful in stopping the serial but couldn't kill the hopes it generated.
    Hopefully Con SP BSP will withdraw their candidates to support of AK. It that happens Hindu consolidation will overshadow even Ram Janmabhoomi days.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Hopefully Con SP BSP will withdraw their candidates to support of AK.
    +1.

I have already seen that sort of things in Bangalore south seat. Nandan of congress in Bangalore south and the ex Infyian of Aap in Bangalore central. He (Infyian) openly commented it as a good will gesture.

We have got about a month to showcase our solidarity. Let all like minded Hindus converge and do our squirrel job in our own way.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Jaskaran ji,

Thanks. I shall send you a PM explaining my discomfort in using the words like Hindustani, Hindustan, Hindu last but not the least Hindi.

I think culturally and etymologically, these are loaned words. Also they don't represent Sanaatana Dharma or Bhaarath. Earlier we shrug them, better it will be for the growth of Sanaatana Dharma and Bhaarath.

Rest in PM....
    praNAm,
    Oh, in that case I agree, although borrowing words occasionally leads to some very funny coincidences. Did you know that the word दोस्त comes from the same root as दुष्ट, despite having completely different meanings? Apparently, the word दोस्त comes from Farsi/Persian دوست, which in turn comes from Old Persian daushta, which, although coming from the same root as duShTa, developed the opposite meaning due to the influence of Zoroastrianism, which reversed practically everything in Indian beliefs. For example, asura-s [they call them ahura-s] are praised in Zoroastrianism whereas deva-s are reviled by them. Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread, just found that a bit funny (and ironic).

More on topic, I recently found a hilarious pic about Congress chor-s:
    Last edited by Jaskaran Singh; 17 March 2014 at 12:28 AM.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

RV 09.113.11 (Devata: Soma PavmAna, Rsi: Kashyapa)

यत्र॑ । आ॒न॒न्दाः । च॒ । मोदाः॑ । च॒ । मुदः॑ । प्र॒ऽमुदः॑ । आस॑ते । काम॑स्य । यत्र॑ । आ॒प्ताः । कामाः॑ । तत्र॑ । माम् । अ॒मृत॑म् । कृ॒धि॒ । इन्द्रा॑य । इ॒न्दो॒ इति॑ । परि॑ । स्र॒व॒ ॥

yatra | ānandāḥ | ca | modāḥ | ca | mudaḥ | pra-mudaḥ | āsate | kāmasya | yatra | āptāḥ | kāmāḥ | tatra | mām | amṛtam | kṛdhi | indrāya | indo iti | pari | srava

Make me immortal in that realm (Prithvi in this pada) where happiness and transports, where Joys and felicities combine, and longing wishes are fulfilled. Flow, Indu, flow for Indra's sake.
    This is just a sample among many, regarding the earliest occurence of the word Indu. So in the Vedic, this is what Indu means. From Indu to Hindu there is hardly any journey, to warrant a revolution. Indian/ Indu/ Bharatiya/ Hindu/ Hindustan/ Indus all mean the same thing in Vedic Sanskrit.

Sri RAm

P.S.:
    1) I am not debating here, so no question of derailing the thread. PM is not a good idea since I mean it to be read by everyone.
    2) In Veda both Asura and Deva are divine powers, so there is no antagonism here vis a vis any other people.
    3) "Hindu" shows us in what light our near Vedic kin perceived us and our land:
    "The Land Of Immortality (Innovations)"
    Heck, I am not in the least ashamed of that.

4) Modi is a leader who knows this: Hindus/ Indians are their own biggest enemies.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Anirudh...

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Thread Information