Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The avatars of Vishnu, Darwinism and evolution

Re: The avatars of Vishnu, Darwinism and evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Sivaraman View Post
    Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Niranjan.
    My suggestion is please read Sage Ved Vyasa's Srimad Bhagavatham - in which the 22 Or 25(I am not sure) are mentioned.You will come across that Balarama,Buddha and Sage Narada are all incarnations of the divine.
    And may I know how Vyasa says that Buddha was an incarnation of the Divine when he was not even born at that time. And Narada was a secondary avatar, not the primary one.

Smile Re: The avatars of Vishnu, Darwinism and evolution

Quote Originally Posted by yudhamanyu View Post
    And may I know how Vyasa says that Buddha was an incarnation of the Divine when he was not even born at that time. And Narada was a secondary avatar, not the primary one.
    Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Yudhamanyu.

In Srimad Bhagawatham, Sage Ved Vyasa has mentioned that Buddha (Not the Buddha who born later - so please do not get confused) and Sage Narada are all manifestations of Maha Vishnu.(The highest sustaining power).

Pl Note :
    1) Whether Primary or Secondary avatar is not the point.
    2)My suggesstion is please read Srimad Bhagawatham with translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Sivaraman View Post
    Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
    Namaste Yudhamanyu.

In Srimad Bhagawatham, Sage Ved Vyasa has mentioned that Buddha (Not the Buddha who born later - so please do not get confused) and Sage Narada are all manifestations of Maha Vishnu.(The highest sustaining power).

Pl Note :
    1) Whether Primary or Secondary avatar is not the point.
    2)My suggesstion is please read Srimad Bhagawatham with translation.
    I am talking about the primary avatars ,the ones that we worship.
    You yourself are your only friend. You yourself are your only enemy.

---Krishna ( Bhagavad Gita )

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

No man should be unmanned by the magnitude of any task.

--- Tiruvalluvar ( Thirukkural )

Excerpts from The Code of Manu, on evolution ... regarding the progression of Spirit (Life) through the various material forms:

"The first germ of life was developed by water and heat" (Manu, book i., sloka 8).

"Water ascends toward the sky in vapors; from the sun it descends in rain, from the rain are born the plants, and from the plants, animals" (book iii., sloka 76).

"Each being acquires the qualities of the one which immediately precedes it, in such a manner that the farther a being gets away from the primal atom of its series, the more he is possessed of qualities and perfections" (book i., sloka 20).

"Man will traverse the universe, gradually ascending, and passing through the rocks, the plants, the worms, insects, fish, serpents, tortoises, wild animals, cattle, and higher animals. . . . Such is the inferior degree"(Ibid.).

"These are the transformations declared, from the plant up to Brahma, which have to take place in his world" (Ibid).
    You yourself are your only friend. You yourself are your only enemy.

---Krishna ( Bhagavad Gita )

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

---Buddha

The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything.

---Swami Vivekananda

No man should be unmanned by the magnitude of any task.

--- Tiruvalluvar ( Thirukkural )

Thread Information