Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mahapashupatastra blog

Mahapashupatastra blog

satay

Re: Mahapashupatastra blog

I'm sorry, I am a very emotional person, maybe I will get banned again for saying this - which I don't mind. In a recent spiritual discourse by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan swami (in his Sri Ramanin Padhayil, a VijayTV Telecast), he actually says that 'It is not Sri Shiva who grants mukthi, but only Sri Vishnu. Life on earth which commenced as 7 lifetimes as a vegetation, then another 7 as an animal, then next 7 lifetimes as a human but an athiest, then another 7 as a human who worships Sun, then another 7 as worshiper of Shiva and the last 7 as worshiper as Vishnu when he, (Vishnu) in the end grants liberation, just as a creeper cannot be at the top of a pole in the very beginning but will climb the bottom rungs of the pole first, so also a devotee will first worship Shiva and then only will he be granted ascension to worship Sri Vishnu who grants mukthi'. I know this sounds insulting to Shiva devotees. So also, I find the blog given in the OP insulting to Vaishnava faith. (He is calling 'Bhagawatam' as BOGUS and he says things like Sita is above Sri Lakshmi because she is Tripura Sundari, that Sri Vishnu is actually Shiva's wife, etc, based on his own interpertation of Stotras is quite insulting for a Vaishnava to read on... )

With so much to accomplish on 'one's own' spiritual journey, why can't people let other devotees have their time with their chosen murthy, be it Shaiva or Vaishnava?
    Last edited by Viraja; 19 November 2013 at 02:14 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Viraja,

I'm sorry, but I feel I have to point this out - just because Satay posts a link to something doesn't automatically mean he endorses its content. If all of us were held to that internet standard, we'd all sound like hypocrites, no exceptions!

Please give Satay the benefit of a doubt here. I'm sure he meant no harm.

Debates between Shaivas and Vaishnavas are tiresome. The blog author has written many inaccuracies in the past about the Bhagavatam and Mahabharata. Vaishnavas are also wrong trying to hijack the Srirudram. Sectarian hostility between Vaishnavas and Shaivas has caused Hinduism much harm. Getting into the nitty gritty of these debates is a huge waste of time.

Pranam-s,

"What shall we sing to Shri Rudra? He, who is most strong, most bounteous, excellently wise, that shall be dearest to his heart?" (R.V.1.43.1)

^That is Shruti. Shrutim eva jayate! Rudram eva jayate!

ps - I am not a Vaishnava nor a Shaiva.
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 19 November 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Pranam-s,

But, Shruti is also keen on exclaiming:

"Three times strode forth this God in all his grandeur over this Earth bright with a hundred splendors. Foremost be Vishnu, stronger than the strongest: for glorious is his name who lives for ever." (R.V.7.100.3)

I hope people get the gist of what Shruti is trying to say. If not, check this out:

“O’ Gods, not one of you is small, none of you is a feeble child: All of you are verily great!” (R.V.8.30.1)

If sectarians still don't agree, they might as well concede their futile appropriations to the following:

“Dear friends, glorify no other God, so no sorrow troubles you. Praise only mighty Shri Indra.” (R.V.8.1.1)

Namaste

Here I have to agree with Sahasranama.
    Srirudram can easily be interpreted in both ways, Shaiva and Vaishnava.
    Actually from what I understand Gaudiya vaishnavas consider that there are two different forms of Lord Shiva. One is a jiva soul known as guna avatara whose task is to destroy the world (he is one of three gods: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva), while the other is known as Lord Sadasiva who is eternal Lord in Vaikuntha. Lord Sadasiva is Lord Vishnu (vishnu tattva) just like any other form of Lord Vishnu such as Narayana, Rama, Krishna, Narasimha, Varaha etc.
    This Lord Sadasiva may have the same or similar physical characteristics of personal appearance just like guna avatara Lord Shiva: three eyes ... etc, his wife is also called goddess Uma, he has Nandi, his bull carrier, etc., but the difference between these two forms of Lord Shiva is huge. One of them, guna avatara Lord Shiva, is just a jiva soul with a small power that he got from Lord Vishnu to fulfill the task of destroying the world, and his life is temporary, while the latter, Lord Sadasiva is not a jiva soul but is eternal Supreme Lord identical to Lord Vishnu.

regards

namaste,
    It's just a link to a blog. Take it with a grain of salt as we should do with everything on the Internet. If you are insulted don't revisit it.
    satay

Namaste

Thanks for putting up this blog, though I had visited it before.

Even though I don't know whether God exists or not, I will love Shiv Parvati till eternity. As a follower of Sanatan Dharm I do see these differences as a positive thing (until it doesn't gets irrational). We Sanatan dharmis are different from rest in that we are not stuck on a particular definition of truth. Samkhya, Yoga, Advaita, Nyaya etc etc are great philosophies which have come from tolerant and truth seeking values of santan dharm.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Debates between Shaivas and Vaishnavas are tiresome.
    +1, true that.
    satay

Thread Information