Thread: Diwali (Narakasura VS Ayodhya Return)

Diwali (Narakasura VS Ayodhya Return)

Namaste HDF

I had asked this question earlier in the Diwali Greeting (under announcement), believe no one had the opportunity to see that. So I am re posting as a separate thread.

Different states in India celebrate the same festival for different reasons.
    Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu and Shri krishna descended at different times, but both have slayed two different demons during the same period.

I am not sure whether this question is valid, but I never understood why and how all events had occurred on the same time of the year.
    Anirudh...

Re: Diwali (Narakasura VS Ayodhya Return)

Namaste Anirudh,

Because the two events happened in two different yugas separated by hundred thousands of years, there is a possiblity of them occuring at the same time of the year.

However, as regards to the present diwali lots of stories have been spun around it. I believe "festival of lights" gets it closest to traditional origin. Naraka Chaturthi also seem to coincide with diwali but NarakAsura only requests for the event to be celebrated and does not detail how. Additional stories seem to have been added later, like Krishna having had oil bath to remove blood etc.

Namaste jignyAsu,

Thanks for sharing your views.
    Anirudh...

The Diwali day is supposed to be most auspicious day for spiritual practices, I have read about this day's spiritual significance a long time ago. It is akin to the spiritual practices carried out during eclipse times - about 100000 times more effect is said to be procured by spiritual sadhana performed on the Diwali day. Whatever I may forget amidst the celebration on that day, I will never forget my daily sadhana on that day. I will read, in addition, my stotra book from cover to cover on that day.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Viraja,

Whatever I may forget amidst the celebration on that day, I will never forget my daily sadhana on that day
    Thanks for sharing and it is very educative... May I take your permission to extend your quote a bit more...

While reading your views felt, we should treat every day as Diwali and on each Diwali (meaning every day) we should do our Saadhana without fail....
    Anirudh...

Thread Information