Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: You are GOD - part 1

Re: You are GOD

Namaste HDF,

I hope readers would take my comments in the positive spirit and ponder on the information. This thread reminds me an incident (read during my childhood) of the past era. Few believe it as real life incident and few consider it as folklore.

I am only interested in sharing the message because some time ago I too was possessed by the Maaya born out of the three words used in the OP. Thanks to kind and learned members of this forum and thanks to kindness of Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu I got relieved from that Maaya. Nevertheless know for sure have got a long way to go before I reach his lotus feet, though mentally have done Saranagathi from my part.

There is a very famous legend that is associated with Auvaiyar (also Auvayar) (Tamil: ஔவையார்), a prominent female poets/ethicist/political activist of Sangam period (Tamil literature), and Naaval Pazham (Jambu) in Tamil Nadu. Auvaiyar, believing to have achieved everything that is to be achieved, is said to have been pondering her retirement from Tamil literary work while resting under Naaval Pazham tree. But she is met with and was wittily jousted by a disguised Lord Murugan (regarded as one of the guardian deities of Tamil language), who later revealed himself and made her realize that there was still a lot more to be done and learnt. Following this awakening, Auvaiyar is believed to have undertaken a fresh set of literary works, targeted at children. These works, even after a millennium, are often among the very first literature that children are exposed to in Tamil Nadu schools.

from wikipedia
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    NaMaste
    God is the true and only reality for sure, but that does not mean that you are God... this is mixing up Maya and Brahman. it means that "you" don't exist, ONlY God exist..
    Yes I(jiva) don't exist , only god (bramhan) exists . Jiva is just a image in the mirror while bramhan is infront of mirror. When mirror (jiva) gets disappeared , jiva gets his own identity as atma /bramhan. He doesn't think I didn't exist before .In fact jiva was never in bondage ever . Liberation and bondage are just imaginations of the maya ( avidya ).The same thing ,shukadeva said .

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu
    If you think about it, to say "I am God" is pure duality, because there is God, and an "I" to be God, that is two things.
    But to proclaim "there is no me, only God" is to negate such a dualism, and establish the inner knowing of the non-dual reality. Advaita is Non-duality after all.

Don' ever find non-duality in just words .Non-duality can not be described in words. When one say " I am bramhan or I am god " ,it doesn't mean jiva is bramhan .It is atma is bramhan .To describe more ,upanishadas say "there is nothing other than self "

Peace brother, none the less it shows advancement to be thinking on such a grand level.
    Every man ,who didn't understand the thing , says like this .

Hare krishna hare ram
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 25 November 2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Hari On!

Arrow Re: You are GOD

HARE KRISHNA , Namaste. { note: I am not the devotee who entangled in name and form which are the supports of maya .For me "I am god " and "I am bramhan " are not two different things. }

I am just giving a light on devotion of shri krishna .Devotion to shri krishna is not an ordinary devotion consisting duality between devotee and bhagavan. It is the oneness .It is the constant meditation on krishna's nirguna or saguna form thinking the self is in all beings and all beings are in the self. "Abheda dristi " is the support of devotion to atmadeva shri hari. The dnyani devotees are those
    who contemplate hari with one mind as “tat twam asi"("I am he”) [uttara gita].

The devotess are those who serves exclusively with Yoga of devotion, goes beyond these qualities and qualifies to become Brahman.If this devotion is offered to krishna, by making a distinction between krishna and the universe, it becomes wanton. So know him by an unswerving mind that he is not distinct from the universe. As a speck of gold affixed to a gold ornament does not become distinct from it, so think yourself to be not different from the universe.

Even the smallest wave is not different from the sea; so the Self is not distinct from God. If one attains this blissful state of vision of one’s identity with God, it is the highest form of devotion. This vision is the quintessence of knowledge and Yoga. Just as the mutual relation between the sea and the cloud has a continuous flow, so his mental attitude remains the same.
    Just as there is no joint connecting the mouth of the well with the sky, similar is his oneness with the Supreme Self .

Just as the Sun’s splendour remains the same from his disc upto the reflection, the idea that I am Brahman carries on the top and disappears when the mind identifies itself with the Supreme Self. Just as a piece of salt dissolves in the sea, or the fire becomes extinguished after the grass is burnt, so in the absence of a notion of distinction, knowledge also ceases to exist. The false notion that the devotee is on this shore and krishna is on the yonder shore (of the sea of existence) disappears and what remains is the eternal union between them . Then all talk about the conquest of gunas ceases, because the gunas also cease, when both of them unite in close embrace. this is what is known as the Brahmic state. He who worships hari with devotion, alone attains to it. I would add that the Brahmic state weds krishna's devotee, who is endowed with the above-mentioned characteristics. Just as the flowing water of the Ganga has no other destination but the sea, so whoever serves hari, with the vision of knowledge, becomes a great devotee (literally a jewel in the diadem of the Brahmic state)
    This Brahmic state is also known as the sayujya mukti (i.e. absorption of the Self in the Supreme Self or the fourth aim of human existence). Hari's worship is the ladder by which devotee can reach him. Beyond sayujyata, there is ultimate bramhan ,the bramhan which is beyond perishable and imperishable ,beyond vyakta and temporary avyakta.

But do not think that krishna is different from the means of attaining him. Do not entertain the idea that self is distinct from Brahman.

Hare krishna hare krishna ,Hare ram hare ram

Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 25 November 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Namaste
    One way or another, the reality is Brahman. What creates a feeling of seperation is a brain(which in turn produces an ego)
    To be liberated we have to subdue the ego so we do not feel such seperation.

How are we supposed to subdue the ego (that causes the imagination of a jiva) if we go around saying "I'm God", it sounds arrogant no matter how much reason and logic people put behind it.
    and there will always be a never ending stream of people ready to challange such a grandiose claim.
    More over, God is always undivided ,infinite, and whole. What speaks is a brain and body which are limited qualities of Brahman. Upadhis.

In the end everything will still be Brahman, but "me" and Brahman is still two.
    when Brahman is known there is no more me or anything else, it is often described as formless or non-dual
    Ramana maharshi once said
    "There is no jnani(knower) only jnana(knowledge)"
    Last edited by the sadhu; 25 November 2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: add on

Namaste Beano,

This topic must be too close to your heart to have brought you out of hibernation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    We are one and in that one is divine perfection as we can experience it, know it, and understand it.
    I am not sure I quite understand the spiritual meaning of this one sentence summary. Care to explain?

Pranam.

One way or another, the reality is Brahman. What creates a feeling of seperation is a brain(which in turn produces an ego)

How are we supposed to subdue the ego (that causes the imagination of a jiva) if we go around saying "I'm God", it sounds arrogant no matter how much reason and logic people put behind it.
    and there will always be a never ending stream of people ready to challange such a grandiose claim.

when Brahman is known there is no more me or anything else, it is often described as formless or non-dual

Namasthe All

In BG.. Did Lord Shri Krishna ever say to Arjuna..you are also GOD..or there is no difference between You and me...? I thought in the last Sloka also Shri Krishna told Arjuna to totally surrender to Him to be with Him Always.

I did not study the BG thoroughly.

IMO, Aham brahmasmi is the feeling a devotee gets when he is closer to Lord.

namaste

1. just like one wave of sea can not become a whole sea

2. just like a ray of sun can not become the sun

3. just like a single spark can not become the ball of fire

4. just like dahi can not become milk

In the same way jiva can not become brahman but yes it is created out of brahman as described in Srimad Bhagavat Gita
    1.“ O Arjuna, this is my inferior Nature. Distinct from it, you should understand, is my other Nature in the form of life consciousness which sustains this world. ( BG -5/VII)

2. “ But what do you stand to gain, O Arjuna, by knowing all this in detail ? I remain sustaining this entire universe by only a portion of Myself” ( BG-42/X)

3. “ A portion of Myself becomes an eternal soul in the world of life and draws to itself the senses of which the mind is the sixth, all abiding in prakriti” ( BG-7/XV)

therefore you are not god or brahman or sri krishna , you are just simple jiva
    read bhagavatam ( 10/87/30, 11/16/11) to know who you are

Namaste unfortunatelly you didn't understand " bramhavidya / advaita ".

Where are the two things ? Your post gets contradicted when scriptures say jiva's attributes, bondage and liberation, are not real.

For more info ,read bhagavat purana -11th canto-uddhava gita, where krishna beautifully explains how jiva has no any bondage or liberation.

You didn't read my op where shukadeva says "it is like jiva has become bramhan . But in really he was bramhan already. " This is the supreme knowledge .

Instead thinking too laterally ,just read bhagavata purana, where you can find topmost knowledge of advaita, specially in 11th and 12th skanda.

namaste
    the two-ness or duality exist within the imagination generated by the limited quality of Braman called a brain. It is a upadhi, a limited quality, to associate the self with any limited quality is to limit a limitless self, of course this seems paradoxical that something unlimited(Brahman/Nature-Conciousness) can appear limited, but this only due to the ignorant perceptions of jiva.
    The self is omnipresent consciousness, and it is indeed Brahman. But the "me" is nothing but a collection of objects(like eyes,a brain, or a nervous system) that the mind associates with. This "Me" is often called the ego. This is the self that appears to do things, while the Atman appears to do nothing but witness.

The perception of a "me", the images of your body,possessions, and other objects one falsely associates with I. Creates a mental divide in an indivisible reality, there is infinity(Brahman) and the portion of Brahman called "me".
    Since it is this little me, that has the attribes needed to say "I am God".... as consciousness is without attributes. And lacks the capacity to speak.
    So the person who says "I am God(the totality)" obviously is confusing the Ego with the Atman.

Thread Information