Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You are GOD - part 1

Smile You are GOD - part 1

Namaste,hare krishna.[ Here I WANT TO SHOW "BHAGAVATAM" IS ADVAITIAN VAISHNAWA'S SCRIPTURE. Indeed this thread is in right forum as it is as per peradvaitian vaishnawa perceptive ]

Who I am ? It is the most hidden question in hindu dharma.VEDA SAYS " AHAM BRAMHASMI ". I am bramhan . bramhan can't be described .However it can be described indirectly by negation of all mind thoughts .The intersecting fact about bramhan is that whatever we think about it , it is not like that at all (neti neti ).Even knower of bramhan can not describe it .

There are different sects like dwaita ,achintya bhedabheda ,semi dwaita etc , which claim their origin in veda and in vedic scriptures.But advaita is totally different from this . It is entirely based on " abheda darshan ".The main motto of all sects is to destroy "anatma mind" due to which soul thinks himself as a jiva { jiva means consiousness which is formed due to mind ,intellect and various pranas } . The mosksha is nothing but to destroy "adnyana".But they(sects) have forgotten this due to maya .eg , IN bheda shruti , veda says there is creation of universe from bramhan or ishwara.But it doesn't confirm this as absolute reality .Again in abheda shriti , it says everything is bramhan , bramhan is unchangable without a second.There is no any transformation in bramhan .Creation of anything is not possible ever. Veda says there is no creation or dissolution or liberation or bondage .All are mind's game,maya. It's the ultimate knowledge.

According to my view(scripture's view too), all paths finally coincide with advaita.Vedic sages knew that for a common man ,this world is actually present .We can see it ,experiance it .For that ingnorant person , it is more than impossible to accept this world as bramhan and atma as bramhan only .Even though veda states differences but finally according to neti netilogic,proves that there is no any difference like thing at all, difference is maya and veda merges all differences in what remains after negation of everything ,which is often named as "bramhan".

Now let's come to actual point , bhagavt purana - 12th canto-5th chapter- last discourse of shukadeva to parikshit.

It is very interesting to know what are that final words of bramhadnyani shukadeva. That words are the essence of all veda , upanishadas and puranas. That is the "vidnyana" - supreme knowledge {bramhavidya}.Finally shukadeva instructs 'direct advaita' knowledge to parikshita.

"shri shuka uvach , atranuvarnyate abhikshnam....bramha rudrah krodhah samudbhavah " (1):

{IN this purana , there is mention of vishwatma shri hari everywhere.Bramha and rudra are not different from shri hari ,they are his manifestations as "prasad lila " and "krodha lila"}

"twam tu rajan marishyeti.....devatwam na nankshyasi"(2) :

{ hey king , give up this animalistic'aviveka'that you will die ,just as this body was not before ,now it is born and then it will get destroyed ,in the same way you were not before ,now you are born and then at the end you will die - this is not true at all.}

"na bhavishyasi bhutwa....yathanalah " (3) :

{Just as sprout takes birth from a seed and then generating a new seed,in the same way,from one body another body is created .But you are not formed from anything nor You will take birth again in the form of your sons and grandsonsRather,you are entirely distinct from the body,in the same way that fire is distinct from its fuel.}

"swapne yatha......atma hyajomarah" (4)

{ In a dream one can see his own head being cut off and thus understand that his actual self is standing apart from the dream experience. Similarly, while awake one can see that his body is a product of the five material elements. Therefore it is to be understood that the soul, is distinct from the body it observes and is free from birth and death , immortal. }

"ghate bhinne ghatakash.....jivo bramha sampadyate punah"(5)

{ When a pot is broken, the portion of sky within the pot remains as the entire sky, just as before.But because of disappearance of portion of sky within pot one thinks that it has been connected to entire sky -but in reality, it was already connected to entire sky, In the same way, when the gross and subtle bodies die, it is just like jiva has become bramhan.(In reality jiva was already bramhan .His abramhata is just a false appearance.)

"manah srujati vai....maya tato jivasya sansrutihi" (6)

{ The material bodies, qualities and karma are created by the material mind for soul. That mind is itself created by maya (avidya), and thus in reality only maya is responsible for jivahood of soul.}

"snehadhishtanavartyagni sanyogo.....rajah satwo tamo vkrutya jayate atha vinashyati."(7)

{ A lamp functions as such only by the combination of its fuel, vessel, wick and fire. Similarly,as long as soul is connected with karma ,mind ,body and pranas ,he remains in cycle of birth and death and from three gunas,he acts as if he is created,nurished and destroyed. }

"na tatratma swayamjyotiryo...dhruvoanantopamastatah" (8)

{ But just as because of disappearance of flame of lamp ,tatwa of agni is not destroyed,in the same way self luminous soul is not destroyed.Because that soul is beyond karya-karana,manifestation and unmanifestation,he is support of all things like sky ,soul is ever existing,omnipresent and ananta(endless).Really example of atma is atma only.}

"evam atmanam atmasthamatma naivamrusha prabho,budhyanuman garbhinya vasudevanuchintaya" (9)

{ dear King, by constantly meditating upon the Vasudeva, and by applying clear and logical intelligence, you should himself realise your self in the inner situated soul }

"chodito vipravakyen na twam dhakshyati takshakah, mrutyavo nopadhakshyanti mrutyunam mrutyum ishwaram." (10)

{ Look, you are death of death itself. You are god himself . The snake-bird Takshaka, sent by the curse of the brahmana, will not burn your true self.what about that snake? even death itself and agents of death can not come near you }

"aham bramha param dham bramhaham paramam padam,evam samikshya chatmanamatmanyadhaya nishkale " (11)

{ you should meditate (chintana) like this :'I am all pervading bramhan ,I am all pervading parabramhan only .In this way,you should do your self steady in ever-lasting,endless bramhan. }

"dashantam takshakam pade lelihanam vishananaihi,na drakshyasi shariram cha vishvam cha pruthagatmanah " (12)

{ At that time he will approch you with his poison-filled fangs and bites your foot. Nothing matters .By risigning yourself in atmaroopa, you will not see your self different not only from this body ,even from this entire universe. }

yes , indeed aham bramhasmi .

ram krishna hari

-------------------------
    hinduism♥krishna
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 28 November 2013 at 10:11 AM.

Re: You are GOD

Namaste

There was never anything to ever exist but God. This does not mean "you" are God, it means that there was never a you to ever exist, you are figment of a brains imagination.

One thing is more dangerous than no knowledge is little knowledge, because its just enough to get in trouble.

I thought I was God too, but that Maya just leads to an inflated ego. I in reality do not exist, nor do you, God is the only reality.
    Last edited by the sadhu; 23 November 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Namaste,

The thread title confers the title of being a GOD on me and my day is going rather merrily knowing that I am GOD.

Really? Is that what the study of scriptures is all about - doing mental gymnastics with various definitions to prove that I am GOD? In high school we used to do geometry theorems and when a concept was proven, we used to write QED with the last line of the proof. Perhaps a QED should be added to the above post for the sake of completeness.

Come join us in practicing Bhakti yoga and make something out of this fleeting life. Delving into extrapolations, and interpolations, and deductions and QED'ing of spiritual matters is a waste of precious life. Everything of any significance has already been found by our Rishis and Acharyas and documented by brahmans. Constantly banging my head against the wall brings relief only when I stop doing so. Peace of mind will come only when complicated mental gymnastics are discarded in favor of real Bhakti.

Pranam.

namaste

before you want to discover new ideas, you need to study the scriptures deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by jopmala View Post
    namaste

Yes, I have studied bhavata purana and upanishads very deeply.

"aham bramhasmi" is the summary of all scriptures in just 3 words. This statement is not for ordinary people. It is not the statement which would be understood at intellectual level. This is understood by people who have progressed in bramha consiousness . This is the most hidden and deeper knowledge. Guru instructs this knowledge to his shishya only when he is elligible for it.

parabramhan shri krishna says in uttara gita :

". If a man practise asceticism and severe austerity for a thousand years, standing on one leg only, he cannot realize one-sixteenth part of the benefit gained by Dhyana Yoga (meditation). Those that constantly chant the four Vedas and read other religious works and yet fail to realize “I am that Brahman”, they are like the spoons that are used for every cooking operation, but yet remain without a single taste of the foods they prepare ."

Ram krishna hari..
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 23 November 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Wink Re: You are GOD

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by believer
    The thread title confers the title of being a GOD on me and my day is going rather merrily knowing that I am GOD.
    Then what should be the title ? 'You are god and tat twam asi, are these different? 'You are god' and 'aham bramhasmi' are these different ? This title is not intended for ordinary people. This is for people who are progressed in consiousness.I know ordinary people won't understand the title and will surely misunderstood.

Ishwara is bramhan. There are some pseudo bramhadnyani, who thinks that as ishwara is vyakta roop of bramhan ,he is not ultimate bramhan.However they don't know that though bramhan is orginally beyond form and formless, his formless nature doesn't get tainted when he manifests as vishnu. Modifaction or manifestation is not real at all.

I know what our sages want to say. I know the hidden purpose of bheda and abheda shruti and various puranas which describe various gods as supreme bramhan. I don't want your lamp of knowledge in front of sun of scriptural vidnyana.

Shri krishna says to arjuna in uttara gita :

34. The Yogins who contemplate me with one mind as “tat twam asi"("I am he”) are saved from the sins collected during a hundred millions of Kalpas.

35. As the Akasa of the pot is absorbed in the Mahakasa when the pot is broken, so also the ignorance- bound Jivatman is absorbed in the Paramatman when ignorance is destroyed.

36. He who has been able to acquire the knowledge of the Tattvas that the Jivatman is absorbed in the Paramatman, even as the Akasa of the Pot is absorbed in the Mahakasa, becomes undoubtedly free from the chain of ignorance, and goes into the sphere of the Light of Supreme Knowledge and Wisdom.

37. If a man practise asceticism and severe austerity for a thousand years, standing on one leg only, he cannot realize one-sixteenth part of the benefit gained by Dhyana Yoga (meditation). Those that constantly chant the four Vedas and read other religious works and yet fail to realize “I am that Brahman”, they are like the spoons that are used for every cooking operation, but yet remain without a single taste of the foods they prepare .

Hare krishna !
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 23 November 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Namaste

Among the world and planets where the Ishwara is, then surely there will be the Lord's devotees, for this is the attraction of the Lord. How can it not be? If the Lord was dry, the thirst cannot be quenched. But Ishwara is like a great river, like a Ganga, an Ocean of Milk, that flows across the lands and everywhere we live. And so how can there not be devotees? And great among them are those simple people who are dedicated to Him solely as His servant.

So this Bhakti is a path of single-mindness, which is a "religious" form of being single-pointed. What is shared and develops among devotees is this single-pointedness though what they do may vary. For example, one may go to the temple to see the Lord where the murti has a Name, and feel sad even from separation from the Lord. Another may water Tulsi everyday. Another may serve yet another devotee.

This actual service may vary. It does not mean one must sit in a cave and meditate, though you could do that too. Life is full of action, as is said by the Lord of Action. So, while devotional service is a form of focus, devotional service does not mean shutting out reality.

Reality even comes in more focus, as this seva to the Lord brings out a broader vision, that is natural because you look into the Lord and the Lord is very broad to us simple jivas.

Materialists cannot have ekanti. But a devotee can. Looking here and there, they think You Are That. I know that is not exactly the same as I Am That, but sometimes it can be. If the Lord is speaking, the Lord may tell the servant, I Am That, pointing to a child. The devotee may agree, thinking in the mind You Are That, remembering the instruction of the Lord in his mind Who said to the servant I (Ishwara) Am That.

I am not at that level, however. I am one of those common people who, while not a materialist, simply wants to have fun and adventure. But who finds the most adventure is in Hinduism. Yes, I am an idiot, that is ok, but nor do I insult Hinduism just because I am not sitting in a cave. Every day, even sleep, is full of adventures. I also like to associate with devotees, then the best adventures come. There certainly never is a boring moment, if you are a Hindu.

I admire your devotion to the Supreme Brahman.

Om Namah Sivaya

Smile Re: You are GOD

Bhakti of shri krishna in oneness with him ( with conviction of "aham bramhasmi) is the highest type of bhakti. Because he is a dnyani bhakta and krishna says in gita that dnyani bhakta is most dear to him. !

parabramhan krishna says :

The Yogins who contemplate me with one mind as “tat twam asi"("I am he”) are saved from the sins collected during a hundred millions of Kalpas.

Hari Hari Hari. !!

NaMaste
    God is the true and only reality for sure, but that does not mean that you are God... this is mixing up Maya and Brahman. it means that "you" don't exist, ONlY God exist..

If you think about it, to say "I am God" is pure duality, because there is God, and an "I" to be God, that is two things.
    But to proclaim "there is no me, only God" is to negate such a dualism, and establish the inner knowing of the non-dual reality. Advaita is Non-duality after all.

However if you are real, like how they describe it in VA then you could only be a small part of God anyways..

Peace brother, none the less it shows advancement to be thinking on such a grand level.

Quote Originally Posted by jopmala View Post
    namaste

"The life force, the divinity, the Self or the Lord in me is the same in all. Recognizing this oneness with the meeting of the palms, we salute with head bowed the Divinity in the person we meet. That is why sometimes, we close our eyes as we do namaste to a revered person or the Lord – as if to look within. The real meeting between people is the meeting of their minds. When we greet another, we do so with namaste, which can also mean "may our minds meet," indicated by the folded palms placed before the chest. The bowing down of the head is a gracious form of extending friendship in love and humility"

I have read a great deal of religious scripture, but I know, (which is stronger than 'believe') that the true and astonishing 'god spirit' - divinity - is with me, and you -and we share in it even if we cannot read at all, and whatever books may tell us.
    In me are all the wonderful divine qualities that I might ever seek for in any god and any book 'about' god, - in those most loving, creative and gentle aspects of my own nature. I did not create them for myself, and I see echoes of them everywhere in the world. I cannot be separate - I am in the world and of the world, and every part of me is a part of the universe. Every aspect of my thought and understanding - is here with you and me and the whole world. We are bound together in the same divinity. We are one and in that one is divine perfection as we can experience it, know it, and understand it.

Thread Information