Thread: Vegetarianism and books

Vegetarianism and books

Namaste,
    I wish to know if the vegetarian principles in Hinduism has the same root and reasons of the one present in Jainism, basically by the concept of amsya "not violence". Indeed It's sounds strange by me, due to the fact that in BhagavadGeeta (i.e), Arjuna is not stopped to act, by Lord Krishna. the Baghwan pushes to action the hero, even if a battle, even if an act of violence, because it's his cast duty.

Furthermore I need a web site or suggestion of e-paper concerning Hindi cooking, some recipes. Someone may help me?

Shiva Bless
    Roberto

Vegetarianism and books

When entering into a vegetarian lifestyle or simply looking to go meatless a few nights out of the week, it is important to remember the value of protein to a well-balanced diet. Our vegetarian recipes are full of flavor and provide tasty meatless options without sacrificing the nutrients your body needs.

In one of our favorite mushroom and pasta dishes, Pappardelle with Mushrooms, truffle oil is used to impart rich, earthy flavor and complement the savory porcini mushrooms. Leftover oil also serves as a great dressing for a small side salad to accompany the meal.

Re: Vegetarianism and books

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Namaste,
    I wish to know if the vegetarian principles in Hinduism has the same root and reasons of the one present in Jainism, basically by the concept of amsya "not violence". Indeed It's sounds strange by me, due to the fact that in BhagavadGeeta (i.e), Arjuna is not stopped to act, by Lord Krishna. the Baghwan pushes to action the hero, even if a battle, even if an act of violence, because it's his cast duty.

Furthermore I need a web site or suggestion of e-paper concerning Hindi cooking, some recipes. Someone may help me?

Shiva Bless
    Roberto
    Surely that vegetarianism in Hindu dharma is based in the principle of non-violence, ahimsa.
    It is said in the Manu smriti 5.45-49 (the most important of Dharma shastras, the Hindu law books) :

45. He who injures innoxious beings from a wish to (give) himself pleasure, never finds happiness, neither living nor dead.

46. He who does not seek to cause the sufferings of bonds and death to living creatures, (but) desires the good of all (beings), obtains endless bliss.

47. He who does not injure any (creature), attains without an effort what he thinks of, what he undertakes, and what he fixes his mind on.

48. Meat can never be obtained without injury to living creatures, and injury to sentient beings is detrimental to (the attainment of) heavenly bliss; let him therefore shun (the use of) meat.

49. Having well considered the (disgusting) origin of flesh and the (cruelty of) fettering and slaying corporeal beings, let him entirely abstain from eating flesh.

Vegetarian recipes can be found even at youtube. Try with cooking with kurma (there is a book also):
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ing+with+kurma
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msCO2...469D1CBFA9C8A4

regards

Re: Vegetarianism and books

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Namaste,

Shiva Bless
    Roberto
    Vannakam: I do realise your post is 5 months old now, and most likely you won't be reading it. Perhaps I missed it earlier.

But yes, indeed, vegetarianism is the result of th epractical application of the philosophy or belief of ahimsa.

For recipes, there are hundreds of youtube videos on Indian cooking, so if you search there, you'll find tons.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information