Thread: Devi-ma

Devi-ma

Namaste
    Mother-Nature is the objective reality of Brahman, she is called Devi in India, as all of you probably well know. She is subjective Atman, as well as the objective God.

This mind, having grown up in America feel very comfortable with the Greek term Gaea, the mother-goddess of Greece.
    She is everywhere at once and the only existence, she is Nature/Consciousness. She is all nature, but her true nature is beyond the human perceptions. She is invisible, soundless, nonlocal, and nondual.
    she is the never ending energy of nature producing infinite geometric shapes and densities. She is pure
    consciousness, she is the life of all beings.

The senses being limited distort the perception of God, and so are not to be relyed on.
    Those intelligent yogis,reason over and over, all other gods dwell within her divine existence! Truly she is the one true God, she is Brahman, she is all nature and consciousness!

With knowledge of that infinite God beyondP form, devotees yearn for a true communion with the Creator, constantly worship the lord by meditating constantly on her grace, by retracting those yogis indeed see the true nature of being. This is the abeda-bhakti.

America is far from India, but the truth always stays the same, God is always God. Mother-Nature.
    Sacred Scriptures, have flooded every bookstore and public library. The bhagavad gita,atmabodha, the Upanishads, the avadhuta gita, ashtravaka gita, yoga vasistha, etc.
    The list goes on, as amerca absorbs the east it seems many people are dropping out of society to meet that all encompasing Devi. I've watched new religions, cults, and covens pop up all with the neo-Advaitic notion that everyone can be enlightened.
    seeing this I cant help but wonder how the next hundred years will go, as the west seeks to cope win the lack of traditional gurus. A new western dharma seems inevitable.

Pranam

Re: Devi-ma

Namaste,I agree it is inevitable in the western world, I see a lot of watered down new age teachings on advaita mixed match with people's own individuals philosophy's. Theirs an ideology that will continue to evolve on their end and claim it to be 'real' spirituality while some claim the eastern world to be too "mystical" or "superstitious" for their taste. 'New Age' is going to shape the western world views on nature and the universe dramatically within the next 50 years I'd say. Truth remains the same but the approaches are different .
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

Namaste. Its not that its better than eastern dharma, every dharma has its own integrity. Hinduism is perfect for India.
    I imagine that a genuine American dharma religion will develop, an equivalent to Hindu, based on cultural conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by the sadhu View Post
    Namaste
    Mother-Nature is the objective reality of Brahman, she is called Devi in India, as all of you probably well know. She is subjective Atman, as well as the objective God.

This mind, having grown up in America feel very comfortable with the Greek term Gaea, the mother-goddess of Greece.
    She is everywhere at once and the only existence, she is Nature/Consciousness. She is all nature, but her true nature is beyond the human perceptions. She is invisible, soundless, nonlocal, and nondual.
    she is the never ending energy of nature producing infinite geometric shapes and densities. She is pure
    consciousness, she is the life of all beings.

The senses being limited distort the perception of God, and so are not to be relyed on.
    Those intelligent yogis,reason over and over, all other gods dwell within her divine existence! Truly she is the one true God, she is Brahman, she is all nature and consciousness!

With knowledge of that infinite God beyondP form, devotees yearn for a true communion with the Creator, constantly worship the lord by meditating constantly on her grace, by retracting those yogis indeed see the true nature of being. This is the abeda-bhakti.

America is far from India, but the truth always stays the same, God is always God. Mother-Nature.
    Sacred Scriptures, have flooded every bookstore and public library. The bhagavad gita,atmabodha, the Upanishads, the avadhuta gita, ashtravaka gita, yoga vasistha, etc.
    The list goes on, as amerca absorbs the east it seems many people are dropping out of society to meet that all encompasing Devi. I've watched new religions, cults, and covens pop up all with the neo-Advaitic notion that everyone can be enlightened.
    seeing this I cant help but wonder how the next hundred years will go, as the west seeks to cope win the lack of traditional gurus. A new western dharma seems inevitable.

Pranam

Dear sadhu,

The thread has only a general significance in the context of Advaita-Vedanta proper. Being this a philosophical section, it is natural to expect some philosophically oriented discussions here. At once, we are not asking anyone to omit the human needs of the day; but, only emphasising the need for some substantial equivalents form the scientific certitudes attained from getting involved in the study of the gods and the scriptures. Or else, these kinds of addresses would sound like some of the prophecies of the present day mystics.
    This is just another opinion only. You may please go ahead with your thoughts. Love
    Last edited by brahman; 26 November 2013 at 01:34 AM.
    ॐ इदम् न मम
    be just l we happy

Namaste
    Perhaps it would have been better in the shakta section, but whats done is done.

I suppose this thread has a deeper implication, that after a while neo-adaita and other movements will inevitably create an American dharma tradition at some point.
    America has most of the holy books, back in ancient times these texts were kept in mountain top ashrams and kept secret. Now any kid with an interest can get ahold o the Avadhuta Hits for instance... I feel like a new religion or sampradaya of Westerner to equate with Hinduism(as well as Taoism, and Buddhism)

Thread Information