Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kali yuga

Re: Kali yuga

(1) I have read some where that kali-yuga period of 432000 years is to be divided by some number to get a figure nearing 5000 years.
    (2) Following anecdote is told about the exact time when kali-yuga started :-
    Yudhishthir was the king of Hastinapur ( Delhi ) then. Two farmers, Ram & Shyam, came to him. They wanted him to give judgment. Ram had sold to Shyam a piece of land for rupees one hundred. After one month, while ploughing the land, Shyam discovered a pot filled with gold coins. Shyam went to Ram to return it but Ram refused to take it saying that the pot went with the land. Shyam refused to keep it. Now both of them wanted Yudhisthir to decide. Yudhishthir asked advice from Sri Krishna who said that let the pot be kept in safe custody in the palace of the king.
    After 3 years, both the farmers , with their minds having had changed, came back to Yudhishthir with their respective arguments for pot to be handed over to them.
    Sri Krishna said, that is the exact moment when kaliyuga had started and they all left for Himalayas.

Cool Re: Kali yuga

Namaste all,

Your posts are very interesting, but I have a say that Krishan died at kaliyug very much and also Yadavs who fought among themselves died

The remaining women elder and children survivors were destroyed by Bheils. At that time Arjun forget all war hymns and was not able to save the remaining Yadavs. ok all knows that but tell me about something-

The place were Yadavs fought among themselves.
    The place were Kalki will start.
    Vishnu's Avtaars time ie- Ram in Treta, Krishan in Dwaper, Kalki in Kali and others?

Thread Information