Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You are GOD - part 2

Re: You are GOD - part 2

My Pranams to the great Saint __/ \__

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste HLK,

I love Lord Krishna. He has been my first Guru and guide on the road of spirituality. I was more of an atheist before I found Bhagwad Gita and its profound message therein. However, only when I read Upanishads, I could understand the real message of Bhagawd Gita. However, while discussing with some of the Vaishnavas here, I was made to feel by some members as if I was anti-Krishna due to my Advaitic thinking and that hurt me very much.

I really owe a lot to you for bringing up the hidden treasure in Bhagwad PurANa. I am sure it must be none other than Lord Krishna who prompted you to do this which has given me a great relief, as I myself could not have done this as I am not fond of PurANas. Thanks to HDF and thanks to you again.

In fact, what you say appeals to me as I have a practical example to what you say. In Varanasi, I know a Vaishnava saint who appears to me as God-realised as his life-story is extra-ordinary. There is book on him written by a professor of Benaras Hindu University (titled, "Shool Tankeshwar ke sant). When I talked to him, I was happily surprised when he started preaching Advaitic teachings. He even gave Advaitic interpretation of Ramayana passages etc. It appeared to me that he was well versed in VedAntic teachings. However, I came to know later that all this knowledge came to him through SAdhanA without reading books. I pointedly asked him in one meeting : "Sir, in your opinion, Atman is one or many ?" Without hesitation he said, "Atman is One alone. All beings are created just like reflection of sun in various water-pots... It is One which manifests as Many." He also said in one place, "Please remember that the only reality of this world is that whatever is seen here is nothing real."

OM
    I personally feel that you are the true devotee of krishna . That vaishnawa is very lucky who has devotion to krishna and is the master of 'bramhavidya -advaita' and you are that lucky vaishnawa !

Oh , pranams to that saint ! I salute him .

BTW , do you know great devotees of krishna , dnyaneshwara , ekanath , tukaram . They all are my gurus . They also taught devotion to krishna along with advaita knowledge . You should read about them and their writings . In their writings , on every line ,there is divine love towards shri krishna .

Hari krishna

Smile Re: You are GOD - part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality Amrut View Post
    Namaste,
    Advaita in infact bhakti of nirAkAra Brahman.
    And advaitian vaishnawism is the bhakti of shri krishna with conviction of 'tat twam asi' . Upanishadas and puranas accept only this type of worship . This is the devotion which is not within gunas . Because form and duality between god and devotee appears only because of gunas . One should worship shri krishna (in form ) by condering his real all-pervading nature .Just as there is no difference between moon and its disk , like this there is no any difference between shri krishna ( in form ) and bramhan. So there is no any difference between worship of formless bramhan and saguna bramhan .

Hari krishna hari hari

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste
    "The individual spirit-soul and the Supersoul, Personality of Godhead, are like two friendly birds sitting on the same tree. One of the birds (the individual atomic soul) is eating the fruit of the tree (the sense-gratification afforded to the material body), and the other bird (the Supersoul) is not trying to eat these fruits, but is simply watching His friend." (Shvetasvatara Upanishad 4.6)
    Here we have clearly pronounced the difference: "two friendly birds" and also "the other bird"! Sanskrit: dvā suparṇā -- two birds; anyaḥ -- the other.
    Two birds are never just one bird and also clearly says "the other bird"!
    According to the Vaisnavas this difference can not be denied, and that's it. Maybe you do not like it, but that's it.

Namaste , bramha jijnasa .

Sorry to say ,but This is a masterpiece of misinterpretation ! I can prove this by bhagavat purana .

That upanishadic verse is just the example to show what is the difference between man in bondage and man in freedom though there are similarly placed in the one tree-one body .

Krishna sates the same verse in the uddhava gita of bhagavat purana .

Look carefully :

" Now I shall tell you the difference in the states of the man in bondage and the man in freedom, though they are similarly placed in their bodies. " (BP 11.11.5)

" There is a pair of birds kindred and settled as companians in the same nest on the tree by force of Maya, the divine will. One of these partakes of the fruit in the 'peepul tree' of the body while the other, though going without food is superior in strength. (BP 11.11.6)

CONCLUSION :

IT IS JUST THE EXAMPLE TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAN IN BONDAGE AND THE MAN IN FREEDOM . The birds are situated on the same tree , it means the both persons are situated in same the condition of body . It doesn't mean that there are actually two entities in same body .

This is the understanding . Of course , one should have a sharp intellect to understand this .

Explaination : The word Suparna means a bird. It flies from one tree to another tree. Similarly the soul who is having a body goes from one body to another body and therefore it is also called a bird.
    The reason of calling the soul as a bird is that the soul also travels like a bird, in this case from one body to another.
    In this way it is shown that Atman is different from the body and in that explanation, the doctrine of the physical body as the Atman is also discredited.
    The Lord is emphatically explaining for Uddhava that Atman can never be only a body and it is totally wrong to think that Atman is body.
    There are crores of births and deaths in that concept of ‘Atman as body’, and because Shiva thinks that He is Jeeva attached to and bound by the limitations of the body there is all the complexity of hell and heaven!
    Both are same as spirit and they cannot be like the inert thing that is the body. Both are friends from the beginning of time and they love each other by their very life!
    They are both never separated from each other whatever may be the time and the situation.They live with each other playfully, friendly and sincerely.
    The lamp does not become separate from its light and the light does not become estranged for the lamp; similarly the dual existence of Jeeva and Shiva continues together by their own
    inherent nature.
    Just observe how the God gives everything to the Jeeva as he desires and never says no to him.
    Whatever the Jeeva desires at the time of his bearing physical body, God gives him completely and it is by the will of God that the Jeeva is functioning with all his being.
    Actually the Jeeva completely and faithfully obeys the orders of Shiva and never says no to him. This is the wonder of their friendship.
    Their friendship is extraordinary, As and when the Shiva gives orders the Jeeva acts exactly according to it and never goes astray.
    Right from the time of the birth of Jeeva in the physical body, he totally complies with the will of God, Shiva and as there is friendship between the two, God is always helping Jeeva.
    When the Jeeva is in great difficulty, he calls God for help and God also runs to succour help to Jeeva and save him.
    In this way Jeeva obeys Shiva and when the state of separate existence of Jeeva comes to an end he becomes united with Shiva. Shiva also remains as Shiva only for the sake of Jeeva.
    Otherwise, there is no such Being as Shiva at all.

Thus the Lord proved that Jeeva is under the control of Shiva and at the same time he disproved the doctrine of atheism.
    By disproving atheism he also discarded the belief of people that there is no God. Those who are of the opinion that Karma is the main factor do not believe in God.
    They say that consciousness is one quality or attribute of God and not actually the spirit. The Lord discarded that opinion and established that God is nothing but pure spirit, pure
    consciousness. when there is thinking of various kinds, on various subjects it is called Chitta and when there is silence and stillness beyond thinking it is called pure Chaitanya or pure energy, spirit.
    Some people do not give importance to proper and right conduct or morality and say that God bestows freedom. This is the opinion of a devotee who does not believe in righteous behaviour. The Lord also proved the importance of knowledge and then discarded that also.

The words सशौ and सखायौ mean respectively ‘similar ’ and ‘friends’. Using the meaning of these words the Lord has disproved the doctrine of non-believers.

The Lord Krishna has taken good advantage of these two words to defeat arguments of other systems of philosophy and to establish the main theory.

Both the birds together built a nest of the tree of this body. Now please also listen why this body is called a tree.

Here the womb of the mother is the trough, the semen of the father is the seed, the conception is the sowing and desire is the water in which the seed grows.

I am Soham or Brahman and the hidden sprout of this sense of being a Brahman is the triple factors of the observer, the thing observed and the act of observing, which grow in the soil
    of the three Gunas. The sprout has three little leaves of waking, dreaming and sleeping states. This sprout grows into the big tree of the body.

That tree has many branches of arms and legs; and nails and hair on the head etc which add to the shape of this tree.
    That tree has the strong roots of the concept that “I am the body” and there are secondary hanging roots of ‘doubts’. When they penetrate the soil further there are very delicate new spouts.

The thick foliage of right action and wrong action grows profusely on this tree and many branches of flowers of allurement and possessiveness, hang on the branches. Large branches of pleasure and pain rise very high and they bear fruit by the weight of which
    some of the branches bend down to the earth.

In this tree of the body, Jeeva and Shiva have built a nest in the very secret place of the heart.

In that nest, Jeeva and Paramatman live. If you will say that when one accepts that both the birds reside in the body, then the body must be real! But the Lord discards that argument.

The Lord said – The shadow of a man is unreal. It cannot be cut or broken. Similarly my Maya, the divine power, is inscrutable. It builds the nest by her own will.

The Jeeva’s residence in that nest is unusual and only conceptual, as the fictitious family life of the dream state which a man experiences while he is sleeping.
    [In this way, the Lord discredited the main argument of the Nyaya system of philosophy], by expounding the theory that the body itself is illusory.

This tree (of the body) is, every moment from the birth, being eaten by Death and the Time as death, destroys the stages of childhood, youth etc.The fruits of this tree are called Peepuls, which are salty, sweet, sour, purgent, bitter, raw or
    overripe!

One of the birds which is called Jeeva, is the one who suffers from the bitter fruits, the result of good or bad Actions.
    The fruits are not enough to satisfy the hunger, these fruits are not properly digested, and Jeeva has the vertigo like suffering of the rounds of births and deaths.
    When one starts eating the fruits the other indicates to him, not to eat, but Jeeva being fond of the fruits continues to eat them and never listens to the good advice given by the other.

Though Jeeva eats the fruits day and night, it has no strength and then the death grasps it in its jaws. He who enjoys the fruits of actions, is tied down by death. The second bird does not eat the
    fruits and the death fears him and runs away.
    He who does not eat the fruits of the actions, soon becomes more powerful by his knowledge and being completely satisfied by highest blissful joy he is zooming in the ecstasy of self-bliss.

So in this way , it clearly shows that you have misinterpreted that verse very highly . There are not two things at all . There is only one thing ,bramhan .

I really don't know why dvaitian vaishnawas always misinterpretes the verses like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste,

I get an impression that you are mixing up philosophy with a branch of Sanaatana Dharma.
    Namaste , anirudha . What do you mean vaishnawa is the philosophy ? Who told you ? The branches of sanatana dharma like , vaishnawism , shaivism , can accept any philosophy they want . Vaishnawa could be advaitian or dvaitian . The philosophy and sects are two different things .

The history shows that advaitian vaishnawism was the true vaishnawa dharma . Because advaita is the oldest philosophy .
    Bhagavat purana too support advaita vaishnawism . I don't think there is any scripture which supports the path of duality . Besides bhagavat purana itself says that the aim of all vedanta is the non-dual unity between atma and bramhan .Then where is the scope for dvaitians in vedic scriptures ?

Dvaitian vaishnawism was originated from madhavacharya somewhere at the time of muslim invasion in bharata .

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Hari krishna ....

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Sorry to say ,but This is a masterpiece of misinterpretation ! I can prove this by bhagavat purana .

That upanishadic verse is just the example to show what is the difference between man in bondage and man in freedom though there are similarly placed in the one tree-one body .
    IT IS JUST THE EXAMPLE TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAN IN BONDAGE AND THE MAN IN FREEDOM . The birds are situated on the same tree , it means the both persons are situated in same the condition of body . It doesn't mean that there are actually two entities in same body
    So according to your understanding of this verse from the Shvetasvatara Upanishad 4.6 it is said that two persons are in the same body, one liberated person and the other in bondage?

regards

Thread Information